What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Thanks to McNabb to Brown I am now 0-5. Hooray, beer!

Hasselbeck, Leftwich

Tiki, K Jones, Buckhalter, Jacobs

TO, Santana Moss, Branch, Evans, Bruce, Watson

Rackers, Janikowski

Umenyiora, Grant, Schobel

Peterson, Witherspoon, Ryans, Mitchell

Atogwe, Boulware, Schweigert, Dunta Robinson

IR - Bob Sanders, Kiel, Shaun Williams

Beat that - it looked so good after draft day. Darndest thing is that I have never lost more than 6 games in a season and I might lose 6 games in 6 weeks this season.

this might as well be the "I benched Joey Galloway for ______________" thread... :hot:
Problem with Galloway is he is ALWAYS in these threads. One week you're pissed because you dont start him and he goes 10/160/TD. The next week he catches one pass for 6 yards. You'll sit him and he'll go off for 130 the next week. You KNOW what happens the week after that. :D

i'm pulling up a cot and living in this thread. ####ing LT is killing me. i need 10 points from him and kaeding tonight to have a change. 0 from each at half. nice..... :cry:

Figures that Bush's 1st NFL TD would be on a punt return.
which cost me a win this week due to the fact that we get 50 pts for kickoff/punt returns for TD's if you have that particular team defense..I was cruising to victory until the big 50 pointer for him... :rolleyes:

Figures that Bush's 1st NFL TD would be on a punt return.
which cost me a win this week due to the fact that we get 50 pts for kickoff/punt returns for TD's if you have that particular team defense..I was cruising to victory until the big 50 pointer for him... :rolleyes:
50 points??????????? :shock: what on earth is this league? do you get 40 points for passing tds too?????
Nah, 15 pts for regular TD's. The 50 pts is a big fat bonus cause the kick returns don't happen but a few times a year in the whole league. Just happens I lost cause of one today. It wouldn't have come down to that had TO, Driver, and Colston actually done something. I got a big fat zero from all 3 WR's..I got 40 pts from my kickers and still lost.. :wall:

I have McNabb/McCallister/D Jax/Westbrook/W Parker/Kasey

Freaking 2-3.....goddddddd arghhhhhhh

Took the lead tonight by 5 points w/ the Parker TD - had H Miller too..pitts d looking brutal -parke rgetting a little room...miller even caught a few balls...

Then Pitt goes into a shell and he gets three Kaeding FGs' to win by 8.....arghhhhhhh

teanms are beatnig their average by 30 points against me

Last edited by a moderator:
I have McNabb/McCallister/D Jax/Westbrook/W Parker/KaseyFreaking 2-3.....goddddddd arghhhhhhhTook the lead tonight by 5 points w/ the Parker TD - had H Miller too..pitts d looking brutal -parke rgetting a little room...miller even caught a few balls...Then Pitt goes into a shell and he gets three Kaeding FGs' to win by 8.....arghhhhhhhteanms are beatnig their average by 30 points against me
If you're losing with McNabb and Westbrook.........are you starting them? Seriously, youre cursed or something. Take up Sudoku or something. :D

Boy, did I outthink myself this week.

In Zealots, I started Brunell over Delhomme & Alex Smith (cost me about 7 pts); picked up Tommy Harris & played him over KGB (another couple of pts); had a hunch about Dansby & chickened out in favor of Barnett (another 5). Like an idiot, I played both Coles & Cotchery (though my other options weren't great). I'm down by 10 going into tonight against East Bay; I've got Bart Scott & Ed Reed, and he's got Plummer & Heap.

In my local redraft, plugged in driver at the last second over Mason. Also played the Skins D over Dallas - another late change. While both stunk, that cost me 10 pts as the Redskins got (-)3. I lost by 20, but would have had a shot with that extra 10 & Mason going tonight. Now I'm down to rooting for my division rival to lose so I can keep pace.

Indianapolis...

Playing one of the worst teams in the league....

J.Addai... looked great when he got the ball...

But PManning had to throw the ball, and look poor doing so... how many times did we switch over to the game and see 3rd and 13, or 3rd and 11 for the colts. UGGGG.

Anyways, McCalister is the best RB on the Saints and I should of started him against an aging Tampa Defense.

started Brunell ("Great Matchup") over Brady ("Tough Matchup") ... Of course this is the week that the Giants D nuts up... :wall:

what makes it worse is it will cost me a game to the "league schmuck"... :bag:

started Brunell ("Great Matchup") over Brady ("Tough Matchup") ... Of course this is the week that the Giants D nuts up... :wall: what makes it worse is it will cost me a game to the "league schmuck"... :bag:
Ditto. I had Alex Smith (3 TDs) already lined up as Vick's by week sub, but drank the Brunell vs Giants koolaid and speculated. I should employ someone to hit me in the head with a hammer every time I try to go off plan and pick up those "one week wonders"

1st round pick: Larry Johnson - sprained neck

3rd round pick: Larry Fitzgerald - serious hamstring injury

4th round pick: Kevin Jones - concussion

:bag: :bag: :bag:

Due to byes, I had to start Maroney and Dillon this week.

First and goal at the 1, Brady throws a TD pass to the FB. :cry:

I lost 80-82.

I would have won, had my league's stupid rule not applied.

I didn't get anything for R Bush's TD return b/c that is only for NOS ST/D. I can only count receptions/rushes for Reggie. What garbage.

I'm two points down and have Stover kicking tonight. One little FG...

My illustrous opponent and I combined to get exactly zero TD's from any of our receivers or RBs. Fugly.

Oh, and while we're wishing, just one teeny little takeaway from the Ravens D, and the undefeated leader of my division goes down. Not too much to ask, eh?

Had Herron on my bench all season and he has done squat, so I drop him to make room for a WR; he then goes off this weekend!!!!! Also heading into Sunday nights game needing LT2 to have an average game to give me the win and bamn..... below average!!!!!! Arge......

turned down a trade of fitz for caddy...this was before the game

so now 2 of my top 3 picks are hurt

1. sa

2. fitz

3. gates

I lost 80-82.I would have won, had my league's stupid rule not applied.I didn't get anything for R Bush's TD return b/c that is only for NOS ST/D. I can only count receptions/rushes for Reggie. What garbage.
Thats standard for 95% of FF Leagues that have a spot for defense and Special teams. Those never count for individual players.

Lost to a guy who didn't even have a complete lineup. He was missing one RB. I still had LT and the Steelers.

All I needed from these guys was 18 pts. Thanks Minnesota D or should I say thank you Detroit...what the ####? Thanks also to R. Moss for basically doubling your production during the week I play against you.

LJ...please be OK!!!

Get well soon Fitz!

:cry:

Plugged Braylon Edwards into my lineup on 2 teams. Won in one league by 3 pts and I'm behind by 14 pts tonight. If Edwards had played as big as his mouth I would have won easy. :angry:

Thanks Braylon for the big 5 pts - now I gotta count on a Ravens shutout or defensive TD to win. :wall:

Willie

Pennington/Portis/KJones/Driver/Mason/Heap/Colts=34 pts heading into tonights game.

Enough said....

I'm two points down and have Stover kicking tonight. One little FG...

My illustrous opponent and I combined to get exactly zero TD's from any of our receivers or RBs. Fugly.

Oh, and while we're wishing, just one teeny little takeaway from the Ravens D, and the undefeated leader of my division goes down. Not too much to ask, eh?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! :banned: :banned: :banned:

Feeling bad? Check this out:

I benched Jacksonville in favor of KC AND benched Fred Taylor in favor of Troy FREAKIN Williamson!!!

I am Lord of the Idiots!!!

:rant:

I am never posting in the My Team Rules Thread again. I posted there last week after my team led my league three consecutive weeks with 145+ points. Now the score to beat from my opponent is only 105, and I need 16 points from Stover to do it!? I had a lot of below avg performances, points wise, but what helped me last week is what lost it for me this week... starting Kevin Jones over Chester!?

Hopefully posting in the Venting Thread will reverse things back!!

:hot: :hot:

Freaking McNair - throws a pick in the end zone and costs me a chance for a FG or at least a PAT. Down by 5 with Stoever... :popcorn:

Gonna lose by 2 or 3 because Fitz got hurt. That will be 2 games this year I have lost dur to an injury.

1-4 :wall: :wall: :wall:

Here are the scores ofmy last 3 losses

103.8-101.8 2pts

108.7-106.3 2.4pts

85.9-83.2 2.7pts

Here are this weeks busts

L Coles, D Driver, K Jones :hot:

:wall: :wall: :wall: I always leave tons of points on the bench in both my leagues. And I am using the Lineup Dominator. My percentage of possible points scored is very very low. Losing close games totally sucks when you know that 1 lineup change could have won it for you.
One league which I barely won this week, I am a league low 74% in percentage of possible points scored. I am 9th in points scored(out of 14), but 2nd in possible points. But I am 3-2, so it isn't killing me yet.In the other league, I have scored 503 of a possible 694 points. That's 72%. 2-3 in that league.

The last INT forced by Denver DT with :53 to go in the game was good enough to give me the loss 110.10 - 109.30 ...

.8 pts!!! :bag:

Sittin at friggin 1 and 4

Very winnable game this week ended up losing by 2. Lost Fitz an Roy Williams to injury in week 5. Damn, Damn Damn!!!!!!!

Benched Plummer against the Ravens defense. Had I played him I would have won 70.5 to 70.4 against the first place team. Instead I played Pennington and lost by 4 points.

That friggin' TD to Rod Smith (who I dropped earlier this year) gave the undefeated division leader a win. The rest of us are now three games behind him. :football:

With a team like this in 16 team PPR league I should be in first ... I'm 2-3 but it's a long season !!

Vick

SJAX

T Bell

T Holt

T Owens

R Moss

A Gates

A Vinatieri

Min D

buckhalter and Williamson are notables on bench

I'll go on a run after week 7 but it may be too late

Users who are viewing this thread