What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 - Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Over the last 5 minutes I have seen 4 TDs scored against me in my three leagues ALL b/c PISS POOR tackling.

:hot:

More HORRENDOUS tackling.

Have to be playing against ADP the week he GOES OFF.

I guess this thread is my personal journal today.

!$YU@*($Y@)Y%@*)%Y)%@%$@%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I traded Garcon for Addai this week. Seemed like a good deal at the time given I needed a RB and was deep at WR.

There are many curse words I will leave out. How do I play the high scorer every week. Coming into this week my team has faced 40+ more per week than any other team. Already Big ben 2 tds, ap 3, fjax 1, maclin 1, janikowski two 50 yarders. I hate this game.

For Witten's bye, I was desperate for a fill-in TE. Grabbed Dreesen off waivers. Then traded for Casey thinking he'd be the better play :bag:

And of course Pitt and Indy finally play games where their starting RBs can score points and Mendenhall and Addai will get NONE of it.

My only players to play in one league have been Eli, Nicks, and the Titans D.

ETA: Just as I posted this Eli completes three passes to Nicks and they connect on a TD. :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
Started JStew over Ingram. And I picked up Bills Def this week, only to trade them out for the Cards this morning. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Benches Big Ben because of his foot injury from last week and lack of production. So he goes off with 4 TD passes. Instead I'm playing McNabb against the Cardinals and Peterson has 3 rushing TDs.

It's still early but I play in two leagues and am going against Janikowski in both. He has 12 points in one league (50+ = 4 points) and 15.9 in the other (55/10 + 54/10 + 50/10).

Also started James Stewart over DeAngelo Williams in one league and Stevan Ridley over Marshawn Lynch in the other.

Hope things get better.

A haiku for Ben Roethlisberger. I started him every game until this week. Twice lost close matchups because of his horrible performances:

Ben throwing touchdowns,

after sucking all season,

sadly on my bench.

It's still early but I play in two leagues and am going against Janikowski in both. He has 12 points in one league (50+ = 4 points) and 15.9 in the other (55/10 + 54/10 + 50/10).Also started James Stewart over DeAngelo Williams in one league and Stevan Ridley over Marshawn Lynch in the other.Hope things get better.
James Stewart is still getting work? One of my top-ten of all-time.

My offense is pooping the bed this week. My IDP's are the only thing keeping me in it. Chancellor, Barnett, and George Wilson have half my points. :banned:

I cut DHB right before week 4, frustrated after drafting him in the 1st round and him not doing anything, needless to say someone else swiped him off of waivers and now he's finally doing something. I probably wouldn't have started him but I could have traded him for something had I held on just a few more weeks.

I traded Ben yesterday in a move to get Colston. I wouldn't have started Ben anyways (neither did the other guy), but it still sucks knowing I could have probably gotten more this week.

Marshawn Lynch is sitting on my bench in favor of Marcedes Lewis. That was just a bonehead move on my part.

:hot: :rant: :cry: :bag: :X :( :no:

It's still early but I play in two leagues and am going against Janikowski in both. He has 12 points in one league (50+ = 4 points) and 15.9 in the other (55/10 + 54/10 + 50/10).Also started James Stewart over DeAngelo Williams in one league and Stevan Ridley over Marshawn Lynch in the other.Hope things get better.
James Stewart is still getting work? One of my top-ten of all-time.
:bag: James almost got as many points as Jonathan did this week.I just looked up James' stats. He rushed for over 1000 yards in his last season. Besides Barry Sanders, I wonder how many others have done that?http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StewJa00.htmedit:I know it's not related to the thread but just in case somebody is interested, I found out the following:Joining Stewart and Sanders with 1000+ yards rushing in their last season are Jim Brown, Tiki Barber, and Robert Smith. Three receivers have gotten 1000+ receiving yards in their last season: Reggie Langhorne, Jimmy Smith, and Sterling Sharpe.

Decker and Lloyd :bag:

I whiffed badly on Lloyd, Holmes, Marshall, and Tampa Mike Williams...banked on them in just about every league.

In one league, I started Denarius Moore at flex. Victor Cruz was on my bench. :bag:

ETA: And in my money league...I started Lloyd. :wall:

With Rice on bye, I started Addai and Ridley. Have DeAngelo and Battle on my bench. Will be the third time I've lost on one line-up decision (Ridley over DeAngelo). Each time the decision has epically backfired by like 20-1 results.

Since Romo and Flacco are on bye this week.....I had to start Orton :cry:

Orton, Lloyd and Keller currently have -0.5 pts for me......... :hot:

MWTB is a freaking bum! My time of being patient with him is over. I might give Holmes another week after getting an actual TD, although he still only caught 3 passes so far.

Basically my whole team laid a big steaming pile, and I'm gonna get stomped on by BJGE & the late production of Santonio Holmes. It didn't take much to beat me this week. Not even Megatron on MNF can save me, barring a performance for the ages. Thanks for nothing: Addai/MWTB/Titans DST/& even Brady

Started Ridley, VJax, and Lloyd in 2 leagues today. They combined for a whopping 6.7 yards.

Battle on my bench in both.

:bag:

What a horse#### performance by Freeman. Guy takes a step forward on Monday and takes like 5 steps back today.

Fitzgerald, Rice and Stevie J sucked today too

Thought I was brilliant starting Tolbert and Mathews to cover Rice's by week. Not so much in a td heavy league.

This is all on one of my teams:

Started Orton over Roethlisberger. Orton benched in the 3rd quarter, got less than 1 point.

Started Tolbert with Rice on a bye. Tolbert leaves early with a concussion, got less than 5 points.

Started Decker and D.Moore. No points for either one.

McFadden with a subpar game.

Used Titans defense looking for lots of sacks and turnovers vs Big Ben. Got a whopping 5 points.

Absolute train wreck this week. The only guy that showed up was Vernon Davis.

Once again getting killed by the matchup gods. Top 4 in scoring every week but likely finishing 2-3 due to the luck of the draw. Hope I can pull a San Diego style second half turn around!

Would have only been down 15, with Stafford vs. Best tomorrow if I had started Ingram over riding the Ridlay train.

Users who are viewing this thread