What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 BUY LOW & SELL HIGH thread (REDRAFT) (1 Viewer)

Darren Waller a sell high or hold expecting more of the same???
Many were wrong in thinking that Waller wouldn’t get the same targets as Cooks. There’s zero reason to believe what we saw last year to the 1st 3 weeks of this year is going to change.

ooops, didn’t see those other responses. They weren’t showing until after I replied. Strange!

Tex

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not actionable advice for most fantasy owners because players are locked for the week as soon as their game kicks off.  You would have to be rostering a free agent (Antonio Brown?) or someone on the Bears or Redskins in most league management software.  Yahoo, of course, is the exception to this.
I hate to be a ninny, but I only play on Yahoo and this is the case for me. I'm debating dropping him and adding someone as we speak.

I think I'm invested deeply enough to wait for news on McCoy. 

I'm gonna throw a sell out there, and probably get bashed for it - Saquon Barkley

I am talking strictly redraft of course.  It may come back to bite me, but I just traded him away last night for Kerryon Johnson.  I figured every redraft league is a "win now" atmosphere, and Saquon may be gone until week 12.

I'm gonna throw a sell out there, and probably get bashed for it - Saquon Barkley

I am talking strictly redraft of course.  It may come back to bite me, but I just traded him away last night for Kerryon Johnson.  I figured every redraft league is a "win now" atmosphere, and Saquon may be gone until week 12.
Owner receiving him must feel like they are a lock for the playoffs, were they deep at RB?  I don't hate this idea.

Owner receiving him must feel like they are a lock for the playoffs, were they deep at RB?  I don't hate this idea.
We can start 4 RB's with our 2 flex spots, so I pulled the trigger.  Also, it helps that I play him in week 11, so I won't have to face Saquon.  And to answer your question, his RB's suck after Leveon.

Might have missed my window the sell high with Hilton. He injured his quad again and Dr. Gene thinks he'll miss a couple weeks it looks. I've tried to buy Adams the last few weeks with no luck.

Short bench league there are some guys I could consider (BUYING LOW) adding off waivers but not sure the order.   OJ Howard, Sutton, MVS, Miles Sanders, Royce Freeman)

Might have missed my window the sell high with Hilton. He injured his quad again and Dr. Gene thinks he'll miss a couple weeks it looks. I've tried to buy Adams the last few weeks with no luck.

Short bench league there are some guys I could consider (BUYING LOW) adding off waivers but not sure the order.   OJ Howard, Sutton, MVS, Miles Sanders, Royce Freeman)
So who's the winner of this for the Colt's WR's? Hines, Doyle, Ebron?

I have to say, while I understand why you did it, I am not a huge fan of it.   You have two options in dealing with Saquon

1) ride out his absence with your RB3, or make a trade for a RB to get you to when Saquon returns (likely will be week 9 or later).

2) trade him for a RB like K Johnson and lock in a lower level RB for the rest of the year.

I guess I could get behind this deal if you're 0-3 or 1-2 and need to win now.  If you're 3-0 or 2-1, I would much rather try to figure out how to claw into the playoffs and then have a healthy Saquon to help me win it.

Best of luck to you.

I have to say, while I understand why you did it, I am not a huge fan of it.   You have two options in dealing with Saquon

1) ride out his absence with your RB3, or make a trade for a RB to get you to when Saquon returns (likely will be week 9 or later).

2) trade him for a RB like K Johnson and lock in a lower level RB for the rest of the year.

I guess I could get behind this deal if you're 0-3 or 1-2 and need to win now.  If you're 3-0 or 2-1, I would much rather try to figure out how to claw into the playoffs and then have a healthy Saquon to help me win it.

Best of luck to you.

It's definitely a big risk either way, and you really have to be honest with yourself and realistic about the quality of your roster and your likelihood of making the playoffs sans Barkley.

The early reports seem pretty pessimistic about his recovery, indicating it will be on the longer side of the 4-8 week timetable. 8 weeks from now the Giants will be on bye (week 11), meaning there have probably already been some internal discussions about keeping him shut down through week 12. That means Barkley owners could be without their best player for weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. And if he has any setbacks, or if he's just not as explosive when he comes back, patience may not be rewarded.

If you think you may struggle to make the playoffs without Barkley, it makes sense to trade him now and get a healthy body who can help you pick up Ws and stay on track to make the playoffs. There's a TON of regular season left to play and Barkley could very well miss the bulk of it. 

On the flip side, if you're stacked and feeling very confident about your team's chances, Barkley is a no brainer to BUY at a discount now, knowing that you will almost certainly have him in your lineup come playoffs, and you may even get lucky and get him back in 6-7 weeks. 

I was in a buy low and sell low position where I was offered Woods for Mayfield in a start 2 QB league.   I was better off at QB with Watson, Stafford, Dan Jones and Mayfield so I pulled the trigger so I fully expect Woods to get hurt and Mayfield to turn it around with QB1 numbers.

rockaction said:
I hate to be a ninny, but I only play on Yahoo and this is the case for me. I'm debating dropping him and adding someone as we speak.

I think I'm invested deeply enough to wait for news on McCoy. 
I only play on yahoo also but I’m pretty sure ours are set up so you can’t add anyone after 1 pm kickoffs on Sunday 

eta: waivers run Tuesday night overnight

Maybe im stupid but i dont understand. His oc wants to get who more touches? 
Freeman. If you're trying to unload him no matter what you trade him to an owner who thinks he can be an RB1 (Ito still out and Kenjon Barner is no threat).

I'm sure he meant "Get Ito more touches", but I love the idea of Dirk Koetter wanting to get in himself as the RB more frequently. Maybe he's a deep dynasty stash?
Nice snark BTW but nah, not in the business of giving out fluff.

sell high:

Rex Burkead, Aaron Jones, A. Rodgers, D. Montgomery, Baker Mayfield, T. Hill - I think the Chiefs just have too many WR weapons and even when he comes back these others deserve to play alongside , T. Coleman - he's coming back and the thought is that he gets his job back, but reality is Mostert and Breida have it locked down. Case Keenum

buy low:

D. Freeman - they'll start playing an endless supply of nfc south teams very soon, and these teams always beat each other up scoring a lot of pts. the schedule is about to get a LOT easier, they're going to start pounding  the rock.

A. Mattison just in  case Dalvin Cook gets hurt.

mjb03003 said:
you will almost certainly have him in your lineup come playoffs
It won't be surprising if Saquon doesn't return this year.  High ankle sprains are serious.  They definitely don't want him to reinjure it.  If they are 2-8 or 3-7 entering their bye, what would be the point of bringing him back for the last 6 games of the year?  With the 2020 draft being loaded, they'll have extra incentive not to win at the end of the year.

It won't be surprising if Saquon doesn't return this year.  High ankle sprains are serious.  They definitely don't want him to reinjure it.  If they are 2-8 or 3-7 entering their bye, what would be the point of bringing him back for the last 6 games of the year?  With the 2020 draft being loaded, they'll have extra incentive not to win at the end of the year.
I have Barkley and in 1st place of a redraft. And I have an offer right now of :

Me:

Green Bay Packers  

Wayne Gallman 

Saquon Barkley

for

O.J. Howard  TE TAM

Nick Chubb  RB CLE

Mecole Hardman  WR KAN

I am leaning towards doing it. 

Cowboysfan8 said:
I only play on yahoo also but I’m pretty sure ours are set up so you can’t add anyone after 1 pm kickoffs on Sunday 

eta: waivers run Tuesday night overnight
Yes the infamous "game time" Yahoo waiver setting can be changed to first game of the week, Sunday or continuous.

I have Barkley and in 1st place of a redraft. And I have an offer right now of :

Me:

Green Bay Packers  

Wayne Gallman 

Saquon Barkley

for

O.J. Howard  TE TAM

Nick Chubb  RB CLE

Mecole Hardman  WR KAN

Do it

Me:

Green Bay Packers  

Wayne Gallman 

Saquon Barkley

for

O.J. Howard  TE TAM

Nick Chubb  RB CLE

Mecole Hardman  WR KAN

I would make that trade.  Chubb is a massive upgrade over Gallman.  Barkley may not be 100% at anytime for the remainder of the year, so Chubb may not even be a big downgrade to Barkley.

Me:

Green Bay Packers  

Wayne Gallman 

Saquon Barkley

for

O.J. Howard  TE TAM

Nick Chubb  RB CLE

Mecole Hardman  WR KAN

Do it

Someone just sold real low on Sony Michel in one standard league of mine.  They dropped him for Coleman.
I was coming here to post something about Michel. I can't get any takers for him.

I'm the sucker, I guess. What a wasted high-end pick so far. 

Is the consensus that the Vikings will start throwing more? Diggs has so many dud games and Cousins is JAG. A Vikings homer traded me Rodgers for Diggs and Cousins in a 2QB league. Seemed like a no brainer. 

I sold Ekeler, Chark and Hilton as some highs.  I like them going forward but it's still unknown with Melvin Gordon and if the usage will be there with Ekeler.

I received - Davante Adams, David Montgomery, and Dede Westbrook (throw in)

PPR, Start 2 RB, 2WR, TE, 2 FLEX.

Ekeler kinda hurts my boom bust flex spot.  My main guys are CMC, Fournette, K. Allen, Davante Adams, Boyd, MVS.

My back end of the roster takes a hit with Montgomery, Golden Tate, Dede rounding the bench up.

Tanner9919 said:
buy low:

D. Freeman - they'll start playing an endless supply of nfc south teams very soon, and these teams always beat each other up scoring a lot of pts. the schedule is about to get a LOT easier, they're going to start pounding  the rock.
I saw ATL RB Devonta Freeman as a buy Low... I see some RBBC aspects, but he should command 60-65% of the touches. 

Gave up TB Barber & LAC Williams for Freeman & JAX Lee 

I sold Ekeler, Chark and Hilton as some highs.  I like them going forward but it's still unknown with Melvin Gordon and if the usage will be there with Ekeler.

I received - Davante Adams, David Montgomery, and Dede Westbrook (throw in)

PPR, Start 2 RB, 2WR, TE, 2 FLEX.

Ekeler kinda hurts my boom bust flex spot.  My main guys are CMC, Fournette, K. Allen, Davante Adams, Boyd, MVS.

My back end of the roster takes a hit with Montgomery, Golden Tate, Dede rounding the bench up.
I think you overpaid for Adams.  Chark and Hilton are solid options, and Ekeler is a RB1 until Gordon returns, and would still be a low RB2....I can't see LA reducing Ekeler's role that much.  Montgomery is going to be a good RB, but he does share the load and Trubisky sucks.  Don't see Montgomery's upside being that high.

I would prefer CMC, Fournette, K Allen, Hilton, Ekeler, and either Chark/Boyd over CMC, Fournette, K Allen, Adams, Boyd, and MVS.

Good luck.  Adams should turn it around.

One name I haven’t seen mentioned AS MUCH is Josh Jacobs. I’m trying hard to reel him right now. He’s been disappointing the last 2 weeks, isn’t catching passes but unlike Montgomery or Sanders, I think it’s much more likely that he immediately takes on a bigger role. Plus, don’t discount how sick he was before last week. He posted on IG that he lost something like 10 pounds that week.

One name I haven’t seen mentioned AS MUCH is Josh Jacobs. I’m trying hard to reel him right now. He’s been disappointing the last 2 weeks, isn’t catching passes but unlike Montgomery or Sanders, I think it’s much more likely that he immediately takes on a bigger role. Plus, don’t discount how sick he was before last week. He posted on IG that he lost something like 10 pounds that week.
Jacobs scored about 22-23 standard his first time out then went for about 10 points his second. This past week was his only bad one. I don't think anybody is selling low. I know I wouldn't. He's PFF's second highest-graded rookie and is averaging 5.1 YPC and a bunch after contact from what they were saying.

Tough buy low. 

Jacobs scored about 22-23 standard his first time out then went for about 10 points his second. This past week was his only bad one. I don't think anybody is selling low. I know I wouldn't. He's PFF's second highest-graded rookie and is averaging 5.1 YPC and a bunch after contact from what they were saying.

Tough buy low. 
1 catch all year. Week 2 he had 12 touches. Week 3 he had 10 touches. I’m not saying he’s dirt cheap but I think Jacobs owners are scratching their heads a bit. 

1 catch all year. Week 2 he had 12 touches. Week 3 he had 10 touches. I’m not saying he’s dirt cheap but I think Jacobs owners are scratching their heads a bit. 
He had a reduced workload in Week 2 due to something undisclosed plus the game script, and Week 3 he was coming off a tweak and sickness. I think Week 3 is really the outlier. But people did expect more catches, I'll grant you that. I also think Gruden is actually trying to manage his workload, unlike popular expectation to the contrary. 

It's possible you catch a Jacobs owner eager to sell, but I think it's unlikely if they watch the games. His ADP was somewhere around mid-3rd to early 4th, so there are also tempered expectations there, too. 

He had a reduced workload in Week 2 due to something undisclosed plus the game script, and Week 3 he was coming off a tweak and sickness. I think Week 3 is really the outlier. But people did expect more catches, I'll grant you that. I also think Gruden is actually trying to manage his workload, unlike popular expectation to the contrary. 

It's possible you catch a Jacobs owner eager to sell, but I think it's unlikely if they watch the games. His ADP was somewhere around mid-3rd to early 4th, so there are also tempered expectations there, too. 
Sure but that could also be ammo to get a reasonable selling point. It's been 3 weeks and he has already been so sick he lost 10 pounds, dealt with a hip injury and a groin injury. His snap share has been sinking  W1: 75%, W2: 46%, W3: 40%. What was the top concern about him coming out of college? He never was a lead back, never showed he could shoulder a lead role. On top of that, his one big strength (skill as a receiver) hasn't been part of his arsenal in the NFL. The Raiders are near the bottom in plays ran, points scored and pace of play. He's not as obviously struggling as Diggs or Conner, but there are reasons why some players with Jacobs could be nervous. 

Sure but that could also be ammo to get a reasonable selling point. It's been 3 weeks and he has already been so sick he lost 10 pounds, dealt with a hip injury and a groin injury. His snap share has been sinking  W1: 75%, W2: 46%, W3: 40%. What was the top concern about him coming out of college? He never was a lead back, never showed he could shoulder a lead role. On top of that, his one big strength (skill as a receiver) hasn't been part of his arsenal in the NFL. The Raiders are near the bottom in plays ran, points scored and pace of play. He's not as obviously struggling as Diggs or Conner, but there are reasons why some players with Jacobs could be nervous. 
All good points. I guess that the chances are if you have to explain yourself that much and highlight those concerns in such a way as to elucidate it, you're already on deaf ears.

Like, from my vantage point, all I see is 22 and 10 and am dusting off the last week.  But those are good points. Some of the Raiders guys on the board stayed away because they didn't think the talent level on their own team was up to snuff to carry a RB1. 

I personally don't know. I do know their schedule gets tougher. That might be something to highlight. 

As other posters have said, he's been sick, he said he lost 10 pounds. I'm going to chalk up his reduced involvement in the passing game as a conditioning issue and not indicative of their plans for him. I think he's a real three down back once he's fit.

Is the consensus that the Vikings will start throwing more? Diggs has so many dud games and Cousins is JAG. A Vikings homer traded me Rodgers for Diggs and Cousins in a 2QB league. Seemed like a no brainer. 
As long as Dalvin is healthy I don't think the Vikings will throw anywhere near as much as in the past few years. I don't think you want to buy their passing game unless you get it on the cheap.

All good points. I guess that the chances are if you have to explain yourself that much and highlight those concerns in such a way as to elucidate it, you're already on deaf ears.

Like, from my vantage point, all I see is 22 and 10 and am dusting off the last week.  But those are good points. Some of the Raiders guys on the board stayed away because they didn't think the talent level on their own team was up to snuff to carry a RB1. 

I personally don't know. I do know their schedule gets tougher. That might be something to highlight. 
I don’t think I would make that kind of argument with someone to talk them into selling I’m not going to pressure someone like that and I don’t think it works. I wasn’t clear. It was more that I think Jacobs owners who might look deeper into the the situation, might find themselves worried about what they see underneath the fantasy points. I was more pointing out why a Jacobs owner might have questions. 

As other posters have said, he's been sick, he said he lost 10 pounds. I'm going to chalk up his reduced involvement in the passing game as a conditioning issue and not indicative of their plans for him. I think he's a real three down back once he's fit.
Same here which is why I am buying him

I don’t think I would make that kind of argument with someone to talk them into selling I’m not going to pressure someone like that and I don’t think it works. I wasn’t clear. It was more that I think Jacobs owners who might look deeper into the the situation, might find themselves worried about what they see underneath the fantasy points. I was more pointing out why a Jacobs owner might have questions. 
Oh, okay. I was thinking that during the negotiation you were devaluing that which you wanted, which I find is always an odd tactic. I see what you're saying now. I have and had all those questions about Jacobs and hearing he was already hurting/ill gave me pause, just like his reluctance with the media during Hard Knocks and at other times. He seems like a really shy guy who doesn't like people prying very much and probably has trust issues that are often attendant with that kind of rougher and transient upbringing. So he does things a bit differently. I don't know, there are questions but I think if he's got the right people around him and looking after him, then he's a three down back with a regulated workload.

The question is do the Raiders have that support system and restraint from the top down? I think they do.

Didn’t you say you’re trying to trade FOR him lol ?

Youre making good pts to steer clear 

Users who are viewing this thread