What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Were you a Colts fan or hater before or after Manning? (1 Viewer)

Were you a Colts fan or hater before or after Manning?

• Colts fan before Manning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colts fan after Manning was drafted

• Colts hater before Manning was drafted

• Colts hater after Manning was drafted

• I'm indifferent to the Colts with or without Manning

• Total voters

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Just curious how many were bandwagon jumpers vs Colts haters after Manning was drafted vs longtime Colts fans.

Not a Colts fan, but if the team I do root for, the Cowboys, aren't involved, I root for Manning/Harrison/Colts more than any other players/teams.

However, as far as regular season games, my favorite I ever attended was the Cowboys-Colts last year. The energy at Texas Stadium was unbelievable, and I was thrilled to beat those guys.

But, I just have so much respect for that duo and how well they work together. It's been said so many times before, it's become almost a punchline...but, they're a real class act.

If the :shrug: aren't involved, the Colts are a team I'll root for if I'm just watching a game on TV. They're among a group that includes SD, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and St. Louis.

Manning has a lot of talent, works his tail off and is a student of the game. I respect him a lot for that. :thumbup:

Colts fan since before probably the majority of the people on this board were born.

Man that's depressing.

Colts hater after Manning manufactured that TD pass record. Throwing 6 TD's in the 4th quarter of a blowout victory against the Lions on national TV on Thanksgiving pretty much turned me off. Ok, so he didn't throw all 6 in the 4th quarter (that would be a record) but you get the idea.

Colts hater after Manning manufactured that TD pass record. Throwing 6 TD's in the 4th quarter of a blowout victory against the Lions on national TV on Thanksgiving pretty much turned me off. Ok, so he didn't throw all 6 in the 4th quarter (that would be a record) but you get the idea.
1. Manning threw 0 TDs in the 4th quarter of that game. LINK2. Manning barely played in the last game of the year, and he got the TD record in game 15.

Colts hater after Manning manufactured that TD pass record.
How did he "manufacture" the record? He played the teams that were on the schedule just like every other QB in the history of the NFL has. He's supposed to ease up on bad teams because TD's against them are somehow not legit?

I always liked the Colts but not as my favorite team(Dallas). Unitas was one of those players that defined the QB position and made me appreciate the NFL. The old footage with the old helmets also scream nostalgia.

:rolleyes: Hey, but don't let facts get in the way of your opinions.

I started liking the Colts after Gary Brackett joined the team, which was after Manning.

Don't really care one way or another, but I'll cheer against them as I'm a Titans local now.

However, I find myself a "Manning-hater hater". Look, the man is probably one of the best ever, a professional, and appears to be a pretty decent guy, why the hate?

However, I find myself a "Manning-hater hater". Look, the man is probably one of the best ever, a professional, and appears to be a pretty decent guy, why the hate?
:lmao: As an avowed die-hard Colts fan I really should hate Tom Brady, but I can't. His only "crime" is his success and I can't hate him for that.

I was a Colts fan until they loaded up the vans in the middle of the night to sneak out of Baltimore so they could play on carpet inside a dome. I have remained indifferent since.

Unitas > Manning

I was a Colts fan until they loaded up the vans in the middle of the night to sneak out of Baltimore so they could play on carpet inside a dome. I have remained indifferent since.
lol - here we go :lmao: Yeah Memorial stadium being a total dump had nothing to do w/it.
Unitas > Manning
That I agree with. So would Manning.

my first year watching football was i think 95.. a year or 2 before manning..I followed the team all year including the pitt Playoff game with Harbaugh'a last second hail Marry that was dropped...( Best Game I ever saw that was a loss) I was a Big Harbaugh Fan and was dissapointed that Manning started so soon.....

12 years later and we are the Champs....Manning is the best QB in the league ..Period

If the NFL were redrafted today...100% of the owners/GMs would take Manning at #1 if they had the Pick....100%

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm late to become a Colts fan, aquired Manning in my dynasty this off-season. He then loses his Left Tackle. I will be rooting for the Colts passing game to do wonders this year.

I hope Manning goes for 4200 33-12ints

:)

my first year watching football was i think 95.. a year or 2 before manning..I followed the team all year including the pitt Playoff game with Harbaugh'a last second hail Marry that was dropped...( Best Game I ever saw that was a loss) I was a Big Harbaugh Fan and was dissapointed that Manning started so soon..... 12 years later and we are the Champs....Manning is the best QB in the league ..PeriodIf the NFL were redrafted today...100% of the owners/GMs would take Manning at #1 if they had the Pick....100%
[ :pickle: beginrant]I'll take this opportunity to say :) and it's what aggravates me about today's fantasy leagues. You would not find 10 GMs pass on Manning if he were available to them. About 50% of real GMs would take him with their first pick, and the 50% that didn't would take him 2nd or 3rd. They wouldn't be waiting for "value" in the 7th round. [endrant :scared: ]

Never really had an opinion of the Colts before. They always stunk, except that one year with Harbaugh. I started to dislike the Colts after Manning had been there a while. I just got sick how people knob on him, yet no one seems to notice that he has the most stacked offense in the NFL.

Name any other QB with a better set of weapons over the past few years.

Not a fan, but I was happy to see him win it all. I especially enjoyed it becuase other fans repeatedly claimed Manning will never win it all becuase he doesn't have "it". They could tell he doesn't have "it" from his previous playoff games and they knew then and there he'd never win it all. Right...

Carson Palmer
I think that is a good one, but I still give the edge to Manning. Manning has had TE's and Wayne & Harrison are better than CJ & TJ. I'd also give Manning an edge on O-Line (until this year with Glenn's retirement).
You're leaving Chris Henry out of the equation? And CJ (IMO) is the best receiver in the game today.

1. Manning threw 0 TDs in the 4th quarter of that game. LINK2. Manning barely played in the last game of the year, and he got the TD record in game 15.
:boxing: Hey zed, where are you going? zed?

I am a Vol fan and thus a Peyton Manning fan

whoever he was drafted by I would pull for if they weren't playing the Titans or Steelers

being a "Manning Fan" wasn't an option above so i didnt vote

They weren't very good without him. Faulk whining didn't help my opinion of that team.

Manning is like the perfect draft story and a pretty great reminder about how a real big percent are not as good as draftniks think. I think he's had an effect on some draftniks too and they've lowerred their expectations of QBs. I don't believe as many are considerred saviors for their franchise as were before him.

Montana wasn't, Young was a USFLer, Favre was a Falcons backup, they just weren't right on alot of em' and the ones that were great weren't often expected to be. Marino was from day 1 and, for me, he's the best comparison to Manning because of his huge stats and Supe early in his career it seemed like he had to be a record breaker if he could just stay healthy. The papers I read loved Elway but soon temperred their enthusiasm with his Colts draft stuff. I'm not really sure how to gauge if they got greatness right with him.

Dilfer is fascinating because IMO he stunk and just didn't get it. He never seemed to grasp NFL Ds and threw right to em'. He and Shuler would be the worst, maybe ever, QB predictions ever for most draftniks. Seemed like out of nowhere, Dilfer took those Ravens to the Supe. Talk about trying to make sense of a player and make projections or expectations...geesh, he's gotta be the all time hardest.

I do remember several people praising Couch and while they wouldn't consider him as good as Manning(best prospect ever), he was 2nd best and a "lock" to be great, he had everything etc. Carr had some sidearm thing that temperred some people's expectations of him but they were fairly high. They weren't as high as Manning or Couch but high. I mention those two because I will probably always feel cheated that those two didn't go to an OK, decent, team. If they weren't pummelled, what would have become of them? IIRC Bledsoe set the pummelling record(# of sacks way too high in one year for any QB to take but somehow they did) then Couch then Carr. The Pats got a team around Bledsoe and despite his decision making, he stockpiled HOF #s(not a HOFer necessarily but #s for it). I'm confident those two could have. I guess there's some small degree of hope for each still but....

I don't think the Colts GM did all that great initially with Manning. I don't think anyone thought Marvin would become great in his 4th year and he was "just depth" before that. Faulk and Edge were somewhat no brainer picks. However, the Colts started to really nail some picks. While Manning was a no brainer too, I wonder if drafting Manning didn't breed confidence in them. I really don't think they were as good drafting pre-Manning as they were post-Manning. Back to my point, they got a team around him or were clearly in the process of doing so. Not filled with false hope like the team around Couch, Carr, or even Barry Sanders, but a good team. The line they assembled really stood out to me as the step 1a that turned the franchise around. Manning had time. He very often has time to throw. Few NFL QBs could boast of having that.

Now, years later, part of me thinks Manning had it easy. Top notch OC, star WR and RB with an excellent OL and always a good TE. The other thought though is how he really had to outscore his opponents and there was "no D" for such a long time. As amazing as it is that they built such an awesome offense, it was equally mind boggling how they failed to build a D. Complete opposites for a fair amount of years.

Back on topic, Faulk whining, Elway stuff, the best thing I can recall years ago was Dickerson. If I had a choice, I really didn't have much interest in watching a Colts game before Manning. Seeing him develop into the player he is now has been something I'll probably never forget.

The Little Man on the Boat said:
Guzalot said:
Carson Palmer
I think that is a good one, but I still give the edge to Manning. Manning has had TE's and Wayne & Harrison are better than CJ & TJ. I'd also give Manning an edge on O-Line (until this year with Glenn's retirement).
Who cares that he had "better" weapons? The reason he has "better" weapons is because the team built their entire scheme around him. That's why. Not many players are so good, you build your entire team around them. But the Colts built around Manning.

phthalatemagic said:
djcolts said:
zed2283 said:
:thumbup: Hey zed, where are you going? zed?
Darn you guys and all your facts!I liked Manning before that season, and now I don't. That Lions game really left a bad taste in my mouth. It was a total blowout and Manning was still throwing TD passes when he should have been handing the ball off. And we all know that Manning calls the plays. Totally class-less if you ask me.

Oh wait, did I have E.James that season....?

Sea Bass said:
Funny how these guys never remember that the Colts came to Baltimore in '53 on the lam from Dallas.

Guzalot said:
Carson Palmer
Who cares that he had "better" weapons? The reason he has "better" weapons is because the team built their entire scheme around him. That's why. Not many players are so good, you build your entire team around them. But the Colts built around Manning.
:yes: also, how many high profile free agents have they signed on offense? :tumbleweed:
no one seems to notice that he has the most stacked offense in the NFL.
:confused: of course we notice. Personally, I give some credit to the QB for the success of the WRs, and vice versa. Peyton made Brandon Stokely look like a great player. If you notice, the Colts picks pan out. Maybe that's because their front office is just smarter than most teams, but part of that is due to Peyton. He simply makes the other players better. That is part of what makes him a great QB.

Sea Bass said:
Funny how these guys never remember that the Colts came to Baltimore in '53 on the lam from Dallas.
The roots of the franchise go back to December 28, 1946, when the bankrupt Miami Seahawks of the All-America Football Conference were purchased and relocated in Baltimore by a group headed by Bob Rodenberg. As the result of a contest in Baltimore, won by Charles Evans of Middle River, Md., the team was renamed the “Colts.” On September 7, 1947, wearing green and silver uniforms, the Colts, under Head Coach Cecil Isbell, won their initial AAFC game, 16-7, over the Brooklyn Dodgers. The team concluded its inaugural season before a record Baltimore crowd of 51,583 by losing to the New York Yankees, 21-7. The Colts finished with a 2-11-1 record, good for a fourth-place finish in the Eastern Division. The Colts completed the 1948 season with a 7-8 record, tying the Buffalo Bills for the division title. The Colts compiled a 1-11 mark in 1949. The AAFC and NFL merged in 1950, and the Colts joined the NFL. After posting a 1-11 record for the second consecutive year, the franchise was dissolved by the league on January 18, 1951, because of its failing financial condition. After two seasons without professional football, NFL Commissioner Bert Bell challenged the franchise in December of 1952 to sell 15,000 season tickets within six weeks in order to re-enter the NFL. That 15,000-ticket quota was reached in four weeks and three days. On January 23, 1953, under the principal ownership of Carroll Rosenbloom, the NFL’s Dallas Texans franchise was moved to Baltimore where, keeping the “Colts” nickname, the Texans team colors of blue and white were inherited. Before their first NFL season, the "new" Baltimore Colts engineered one of the biggest trades in sports history. In a deal with Cleveland involving 15 players, Baltimore received 10 Browns in exchange for five Colts. Among the players traded to Baltimore were Don Shula, Bert Rechichar, Carl Taseff and Art Spinney. These players helped the Colts open 1953 with a 13-9 upset of Chicago in a game where Rechichar booted a then-NFL record 56-yard field goal. In 1954, the Colts hired Weeb Ewbank as head coach. Ewbank guided the Colts for the nine seasons (the longest tenure of any Colts head coach) and won two conference and NFL championships. On November 30, 1958, the Colts clinched their first Western Conference title with a 35-27 win over San Francisco before a record home sellout crowd of 57,557. Four weeks later, Baltimore won its first NFL title, downing the New York Giants, 23-17, in the fabled “sudden-death” overtime contest at Yankee Stadium. The Colts repeated as champion in 1959, clinching their second conference crown and defeating the Giants, 31-16, in Baltimore for the NFL Championship. In 1963, Shula replaced Ewbank as the team’s third head coach since 1953. During 1963, QB- John Unitas led the Colts offense to eight team records and set a then-NFL seasonal mark of 237 completions. The Colts won a then club-record eleven consecutive games in 1964, en route to clinching their third conference title. That season, WR-Raymond Berry caught his 506th career pass and RB-Lenny Moore scored 20 touchdowns, then both NFL records. In 1965, Baltimore tied Green Bay for the conference title. With HB-Tom Matte quarterbacking the club because of injuries to Unitas and Gary Cuozzo, the Colts lost a controversial 13-10 “sudden-death” playoff contest to the Packers. Under Shula, Baltimore made its first Super Bowl appearance in 1968. The club won the Coastal Division with a 13-1 mark, then defeated Minnesota, 24-14, in the Western Conference Championship game and blanked Cleveland, 34-0, for the NFL Championship. The team faced the American Football League Champion New York Jets in Super Bowl III, los-ing a 16-7 upset. In May of 1969, the NFL merged with the AFL and Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cleveland joined the old AFL teams to form the American Football Conference of the NFL. As members of the AFC Eastern Division, the Colts won their first AFC game, 16-14, over San Diego on September 20. After clinching the division title, the Colts topped Cincinnati, 17-0, and Oakland, 27-17, to win the AFC Championship. On January 17, 1971, the Colts defeated Dallas in Super Bowl V, 16-13, on K-Jim O’Brien’s 32-yard field goal with five seconds remaining in the game. In July, 1972, the Colts came under new ownership as Robert Irsay acquired the club from Rosenbloom in exchange for the Los Angeles Rams. In 1974, two Colts set NFL records as RB-Lydell Mitchell rushed 40 times at the New York Jets and QB-Bert Jones completed 17 consecutive passes versus the Jets. Mitchell led the NFL with 72 receptions. In 1975, Mitchell became the first Colts player with a 1,000+ season by gaining 1,193 yards on 289 rushes. After a 2-12 record in 1974, Baltimore’s fortunes changed with the hiring of Ted Marchibroda as head coach in February, 1975. Marchibroda led the Colts to three consecutive division titles before posting consecutive 5-11 seasons in 1978 and 1979. Mike McCormack replaced Marchibroda as head coach in January, 1980. The Colts improved to 7-9 in 1980 before recording a 2-14 mark in 1981. On December 21, 1981, Frank Kush succeeded McCormack as head coach. After two weeks of action in 1982, a players’ strike resulted in the loss of seven games, and the NFL played a nine-game schedule. The Colts finished with a record of 0-8-1. The Colts received the first pick of the 1983 NFL Draft and selected QB-John Elway. Six days later, the Colts traded Elway to Denver for OT-Chris Hinton, QB- Mark Herrmann and its D1-84 pick. In 1983, the Colts finished 7-9, forging the biggest turnaround in NFL history for a team that had gone winless the previous season. Hinton started at RG in the Pro Bowl. RBs-Curtis Dickey and Randy McMillan com-bined for nearly 2,000 rushing yards as the club led the AFC and ranked second in the NFL. Following the 1984 season, President Robert Irsay and General Manager Jim Irsay appointed Rod Dowhower as head coach on January 28, 1985. Indianapolis earned a 5-11 mark with a club that rushed for a conference-leading 2,439 yards, fifth-best in the NFL. The team’s 5.0 rushing average marked the first time in a decade an AFC team achieved that feat. On December 1, 1986, Ron Meyer succeeded Dowhower as head coach. Meyer led the club to the division title in 1987, before falling in the divisional round at Cleveland, 38-21. Indianapolis earned a 9-7 record in 1988 and an 8-8 mark in 1989, but lost playoff positions on the last weekend of each season. RB-Eric Dickerson, acquired in a blockbuster trade on October 31, 1987, won the NFL rushing title in 1988 with 1,659 yards. The Colts were 7-9 in 1990. Meyer earned a 36-35 regular-season record before being succeeded by Rick Venturi on October 1, 1991. Marchibroda returned as head coach on January 28, 1992. He led the Colts to a 9-7 record in 1992, the second time he guided the team to a then NFL-best eight-game one-season turnaround. The Colts posted a 4-12 record in 1993 and an 8-8 mark in 1994. The 1995 Colts earned a 9-7 record and gained playoff wins at San Diego and Kansas City before falling, 20-16, at Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game. Marchibroda’s tenure ended on February 9, 1996. His 73 career victories tied Shula for most in Colts history. Lindy Infante became head coach on February 15, 1996. The Colts were 9-7 in 1996, reaching the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1975-77. Jim Irsay became Owner and Chief Executive Officer in 1997, and Bill Polian was named president on December 22, 1997, one day after the club finished a 3-13 season. Jim Mora succeeded Infante as head coach on January 12, 1998. The Colts were 3-13 in 1998. RB-Marshall Faulk’s 2,227 scrimmage yards set a club seasonal mark, while QB-Peyton Manning (326-575-3,739, 26 TDs) set NFL rookie records in every passing category. At 13-3 in 1999, the Colts produced an NFL-record 10-game one-season turnaround. The club won eleven straight games, tying then the franchise record achieved in 1964 and 1975-76. In winning the division title, Manning, RB-Edgerrin James and WR-Marvin Harrison earned Pro Bowl honors, while K-Mike Vanderjagt won the NFL scoring title. The club earned its first playoff game in Indianapolis, but fell to Tennessee, 19-16. The Colts were 10-6 in 2000, but lost in overtime at Miami, 23-17, in the wildcard round. The back-to-back 10+-victory seasons were a first for the club since 1976-77. Manning (4,413) and James (1,709, 2,303) won the NFL passing, rushing and scrimmage yards titles. The Colts were 6-10 in 2001, but Manning (4,131) and Harrison (109) had outstanding yardage and reception seasons. Tony Dungy succeeded Mora as head coach on January 22, 2002. In 2002, Dungy led the Colts to a 10-6 record before losing in the wildcard round at the New York Jets, 41-0. Manning became the first NFL player with four consecutive 4,000+ seasons, while Harrison set the NFL seasonal record with 143 receptions and became the only NFL player with 100+ receptions in four consecutive seasons. In 2003, the Colts were 12-4, won the AFC South and advanced past Denver and Kansas City to the AFC Championship game, falling at New England, 24-14. Vanderjagt set an NFL record with 41 consecutive field goals, including all 37 attempts in 2003, only the fourth perfect season by an NFL kicker. Dungy led the Colts to a 12-4 mark and the AFC South title in 2004. Manning set NFL seasonal records with 49 touchdown passes and a 121.1 rating, while the club set seasonal-bests with 522 points and 6,475 net yards. Manning produced his NFL-best sixth 4,000+ consecutive season. The Colts topped Denver, 49-24, before losing at New England, 20-3, in the divisional round. The Colts were 14-2 in 2005, setting the franchise record for seasonal wins. The Colts became only the fourth NFL team to earn a 13-0 start. The Colts won the AFC South, the first time the club won three consecutive divisional crowns since 1975-77. The club fell in the divisional round to Pittsburgh, 21-18. Dungy became the only Colts coach to post 10+ wins and earn playoff appearances in four straight seasons. Dungy earned his 100th career and 100th regular season victories in 2005, while the Colts passed 400 wins in franchise history. Since 1953, the Colts have achieved a 403-393-7 record, including three NFL championships and 15 conference or divisional titles. The franchise’s success is exemplified by the number of Colts who have been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. A total of eleven Colts have been enshrined: Raymond Berry, Art Donovan, Ted Hendricks, John Mackey, Gino Marchetti, Lenny Moore, Jim Parker, John Unitas and Head Coaches Weeb Ewbank and Don Shula from the Baltimore era and RB-Eric Dickerson from the Indianapolis era.

Loved the Colts in Baltimore, then turned hater once they left. They are on my short list along with the Steelers, Eagles and Redskins.

Just curious how many were bandwagon jumpers vs Colts haters after Manning was drafted vs longtime Colts fans.
Started liking the Colts when they drafted Faulk. Have liked them ever since. Manning is the best QB the modern era Colts have had. I don't see why people would hte the team becase Mannign is good. :thumbdown:

I'm what you would classify as a "Manning Hater".

I used to like the guy, I was living in Knoxville when he was at UT and he made me be a colts fan after he was drafted for a few years. However, the Titans became my favorite NFL team and as my loyalty for them grew, my admiration for Manning faltered. I just hated all the little crappy comments he made about TN, so lost all respect for him. Then as I watched more and more of him, his pissy little comments throwing teammates under the bus, and his tantrums on the field. I realized this guy has all the talent in the world but I just can't support a whiner. He reminds me of one of the spoiled rich kids I went to school with. Someone who grew up with no responsibilities but to play a sport, however never really grew and matured as a human being. He's still the brat who wants to run the score up on people just to serve his self inflated ego. He says a lot of the right things to the public/media, but every now and again I think his true colors come out.

I grew up in Detroit, watching Barry Sanders and loving the Lions, so I want the best of the best to be humble and mature like Barry I suppose.

waylander said:

I used to like the guy, I was living in Knoxville when he was at UT and he made me be a colts fan after he was drafted for a few years. However, the Titans became my favorite NFL team and as my loyalty for them grew, my admiration for Manning faltered. I just hated all the little crappy comments he made about TN, so lost all respect for him. Then as I watched more and more of him, his pissy little comments throwing teammates under the bus, and his tantrums on the field. I realized this guy has all the talent in the world but I just can't support a whiner. He reminds me of one of the spoiled rich kids I went to school with. Someone who grew up with no responsibilities but to play a sport, however never really grew and matured as a human being. He's still the brat who wants to run the score up on people just to serve his self inflated ego. He says a lot of the right things to the public/media, but every now and again I think his true colors come out.

I grew up in Detroit, watching Barry Sanders and loving the Lions, so I want the best of the best to be humble and mature like Barry I suppose.
Your opinion of Manning is misquided at best :goodposting: Frankly I don't know where to start with your comments, so I won't start anywhere.

waylander said:
I'm what you would classify as a "Manning Hater".I used to like the guy, I was living in Knoxville when he was at UT and he made me be a colts fan after he was drafted for a few years. However, the Titans became my favorite NFL team and as my loyalty for them grew, my admiration for Manning faltered. I just hated all the little crappy comments he made about TN, so lost all respect for him. Then as I watched more and more of him, his pissy little comments throwing teammates under the bus, and his tantrums on the field. I realized this guy has all the talent in the world but I just can't support a whiner. He reminds me of one of the spoiled rich kids I went to school with. Someone who grew up with no responsibilities but to play a sport, however never really grew and matured as a human being. He's still the brat who wants to run the score up on people just to serve his self inflated ego. He says a lot of the right things to the public/media, but every now and again I think his true colors come out. I grew up in Detroit, watching Barry Sanders and loving the Lions, so I want the best of the best to be humble and mature like Barry I suppose.
Yeah that's exactly what I've seen out of Manning : sarcasm : :goodposting:

Started liking the Colts when they drafted Faulk. Have liked them ever since. Manning is the best QB the modern era Colts have had.
:goodposting: er what do you call the "modern era" Colts?
waylander said:
I'm what you would classify as a "Manning Hater".I used to like the guy, I was living in Knoxville when he was at UT and he made me be a colts fan after he was drafted for a few years. However, the Titans became my favorite NFL team and as my loyalty for them grew, my admiration for Manning faltered. I just hated all the little crappy comments he made about TN, so lost all respect for him. Then as I watched more and more of him, his pissy little comments throwing teammates under the bus, and his tantrums on the field. I realized this guy has all the talent in the world but I just can't support a whiner. He reminds me of one of the spoiled rich kids I went to school with. Someone who grew up with no responsibilities but to play a sport, however never really grew and matured as a human being. He's still the brat who wants to run the score up on people just to serve his self inflated ego. He says a lot of the right things to the public/media, but every now and again I think his true colors come out. I grew up in Detroit, watching Barry Sanders and loving the Lions, so I want the best of the best to be humble and mature like Barry I suppose.
LMAOThat was funny.

I still think the Colts were robbed in an AFCC when Harbaugh threw a pass in the endzone and I think the refs called it incomplete, sending the Steelers to the Supe.... shoulda been the Colts IMO. But maybe I was drunk watching it. I haven't seen the reply in a loooong time.... anyone remember that?

I still think the Colts were robbed in an AFCC when Harbaugh threw a pass in the endzone and I think the refs called it incomplete, sending the Steelers to the Supe.... shoulda been the Colts IMO. But maybe I was drunk watching it. I haven't seen the reply in a loooong time.... anyone remember that?
It was clearly incomplete.

waylander said:

Your opinion of Manning is misquided at best :blackdot: Frankly I don't know where to start with your comments, so I won't start anywhere.
You bolded the run the score up part. I think we've all seen the Direct TV commercial where it's 28-3 in the 4th quarter and he's throwing another TD against the Titans.

It was clearly incomplete.
I guess I was drunk? :mellow:
The real reasons the Colts didn't go to the SB in '95 was the dropped interception by Quinten Coryatt that hit him between the 5 and the 5, and the shoestring tackle made by Pittsburgh on Lamont Warren on a left end run. Otherwise it's a first down and the Colts go to the SB.Edited to say the Hail Mary was clearly incomplete, but I guarantee you that everyone in Pittsburgh had their heart stop for a second, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread