What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What 12-24 ranked RB(s) have a legit shot at top cracking the 10 & why? Also, pick 1 bust. (1 Viewer)

Longtime Falcon homer here. The O-line upgrade is real!
Y'all should probably start using first initials when talking about the Freemans :lmao:   Sometimes it's Royce sometimes its Devonta.  In this case you were responding to someone talking about Royce.  The Lindsey comment was the hint.

edit: see now that was already cleared up :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh, just never really been a Mack guy and now with the Luck retirement, I don’t even know what to think.

I do have to admit its a bit of a blind spot and I should be doing more analysis on him.  
As long as Hines is there, Mack’s ceiling is capped in PPR format.

and with Luck’s retirement one has to believe the offense loses a little efficacy - maybe a few more FGs, a few more 3 & outs, fewer TDs, fewer carries....

mack feels like a guy who could feel the pinch the most. 

That said, Indy has a decent defense - they could keep games close enough to keep Mack relevant. 

Drake is better than Duke, but there is a lot of overlap in their skill set, so I don't see that deal making sense for HOU.

If they add another back, I think it will be more of a "thunder" type to go with what Duke brings as a receiver/speed threat.
That’s what I’m thinking too. A bruiser between the tackles. 

That said, the season starts in a week. I’d think they’d have already brought in someone if they were going to bring in someone. 

As long as Hines is there, Mack’s ceiling is capped in PPR format.

and with Luck’s retirement one has to believe the offense loses a little efficacy - maybe a few more FGs, a few more 3 & outs, fewer TDs, fewer carries....

mack feels like a guy who could feel the pinch the most. 

That said, Indy has a decent defense - they could keep games close enough to keep Mack relevant. 
But Hines hardly played down the stretch last year.  Mack stayed on the field.  And now, this preseason, the staff is saying he's a three down back.  Right?

Tbh, just never really been a Mack guy and now with the Luck retirement, I don’t even know what to think.

I do have to admit its a bit of a blind spot and I should be doing more analysis on him.  
Surprisingly I’ve heard multiple podcasts putting him higher now. Which I truly find surprising. I’ll be honest - he won’t be on my team. 

Shows you how much attention I’m not paying to Mack.

guess I’m not a Mack guy. 

I still think his ceiling is capped, but if I’d missed my other guys I would have taken him, but I certainly wasn’t targeting him. 
Ya I get that, but I couldn't pass him up at 6.01 as my flex.  Three down back doesn't change with the Luck retirement.  Game script doesn't matter if it ends up being the truth.

Ya I get that, but I couldn't pass him up at 6.01 as my flex.  Three down back doesn't change with the Luck retirement.  Game script doesn't matter if it ends up being the truth.
6.01 is a totally different story.   Would depend on my team to that point, but I doubt I would pass on him there.  ADP seems to be in the 30s.

There are definitely future realities where he is an RB1, just more uncertainty than I need when I game out the way the drafts appear to be going relative to ADP.  If he keeps sliding, I am interested.

boom - J. Jacobs - sheer volume alone will put him in the top 10.he's likely to get 240+ carries in a Gruden offense. Marlon Mack - more work, not less, sans Luck. D. Montgomery will be up there when it's all said and done, Breida led the league in rushing at one point last season,before he got hurt - watch him lead the league again this season.Michel is going to get his numbers people are overlooking this guy. I've been saying it all summer, Pats are going to run much more, look like the Corey Dillon Pats..C. Carson has a shot at the top 10.

Bust - A. Jones -c'mon now, blown a knee 3 times, constantly hurt, has a hammy in preseason, in a new look offense that should cripple production - see LaFleur in Tenn. - how is this guy being drafted as anything but a RB 4?!?! no way he finishes even  in the top 20. D. Henry has never been the guy never will be the guy, he'll finish around RB 18 or so. just can't see him making the leap. Kerryon Johnson - let's not underestimate CJ Anderson here, savvy vet who looked great with the Rams last season. Johnson was a nice story last year but you can almost see a RBBC coming. Ekeler won't be anything but a pass-catching 3rd down guy with 10 carries/gm max. just ins't going to get the volume to be productive enough to finish in the top 10. 

to get these guys in the top 10 you need a few top 10 guys to bust:

Mixon, Bell, Elliott ( only b/c the holdout will possibly linger a few weeks, costing him valuable rush/rec stats)

But so far Freeman looks like the real deal bruising back they thought they drafted. 
He's big but not bruising at all. Even in college he ran very soft for a back his size. He generally avoids contact and plays like he's Lindsay's size while ironically Lindsay is a pretty strong inside runner despite being tiny.

I do think it's a split backfield though as they attempt to keep both backs fresh and healthy.

IMO, Mack belongs in the highest median outcome group.   What's changed about the staff saying (nevermind SHOWING in late season last year) that he was going to be a three down back?   If that still stands, then it really doesn't matter who the QB is or what game script is.
i might be coming around on this.  certainly opportunity-wise, he looks to be in a great spot.  i am a little worried about his lower snap counts from last year, but I think you are right that he should be solid regardless of the offense.  And I would give Reich the benefit of the doubt to scheme well.  Current ADP in standard seems to be RB24, which I would expect him to be better than.

Y'all should probably start using first initials when talking about the Freemans :lmao:   Sometimes it's Royce sometimes its Devonta.  In this case you were responding to someone talking about Royce.  The Lindsey comment was the hint.

edit: see now that was already cleared up :lmao:
I guess I got Lindsay mixed up with Lindstrom new Falcons starting first round guard. Lol😄

Jacobs and Michel in standard, and Duke Johnson in PPR.

I just think that Jacobs and Michel see huge volume and have the talent to use that volume. Johnson needs more volume, but if he gets it, look out!

Topic title says it all. I’ve already drafted all my teams, but thought it was an interesting topic. We talk a lot about the elites, and there’s a topic about lottery tickets, but those RB2s never seem to get any love. 

Every year there are several RBs who elevate their game to top 10. 

PPR scoring - who’s it going to be this year?  Or will it be someone outside of the current 12-24 mix? 

Lets hear it, and why you believe so. 

Bonus: pick from the list to “bust” (finish outside top 24)

Here are Dodds RBs #13- 24:

13. Aaron Jones

14 Kerryon Johnson

15. Fournette

16. Freeman 

17. Mack

18. Carson

19. Jacobs 

20. Henry

21. Eckeler

22. Michele

23. Lindsey

24. Duke Johnson

25-36. ? 
Fournette finishes top 12, replaces Mixon in it.

Eckeler out. Duke out. Lindsey out, (I think Freeman is going to be better this year.)

In 13-24: Ingram

Users who are viewing this thread