What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What PPR WRs ranked 11-20 sneak into the top 10 this year & why? Also, pick 1 to bust. (1 Viewer)

I got to watch Boyd last season as I rostered him and it looked like he struggled being the main guy in that offense. When others drew coverage is when he did well, IIRC. That's going off memory, though, which can be faulty. 
That is my recall as well.  Boyd vs CB1 is not pretty.  I found this SI quote: 

It just so happens that Boyd performed better with Green on the field. In the nine games Green played in 2018, Boyd averaged 8.2 targets, 79.7 yards and 0.56 touchdowns per game. Without Green, Boyd averaged 6.8 targets, 62.2 yards and 0.29 touchdowns per game. 

With the OL & Def issues, I don't know how well the Cinn Offense will be ... even in Garbage time stats.  

I believe this was more due to losing Dalton, than losing Green.  
Very possible, but Dalton is no real QB talent either.  Driskel was a poor backup, but I think the whole Cinn Offense was in shambles last year.  I just don't see Boyd as a WR1 due to his needing to beat the Top DB each week.  He is more of a match-up or Flex play IMO .   

This. Boyd played 6 quarters with Dalton and without Green. You can't do anything with that sample size. 

I'll bet more targets helps Boyd more than more defensive attention hurts him. 
I’ve also long thought that injury situations that change a players role mid season aren’t all that predictive when extrapolating to a new role at the beginning of a season. In other words, Boyd had all preseason as the number one WR option as opposed to being thrust into that unfamiliar role last year. Plus, Brian Callahan has a history of improving passing games at other stops so we can expect some uptick there too.  I’m bullish on Boyd.

Good information all around. Didn't realize how few snaps Boyd played with Dalton. This helps moving forward. Thanks. 

11. Lockett

12. Diggs<--- Drops within this grouping

13. AB

14. Cooks<--- Drops within this grouping

15. Godwin

16. ARob

17. Amari Cooper      <--- Rises within this grouping

18. Kupp      <--- Rises

19. Ridley

20. Woods      <--- Drops

21 ~>  Dede Westbrook rises. 
            Rises but not sure enough to crack the list:
               Gallup or Marvin Jones (but I just always seem to lower him based upon gut feeling)
               Sutton or Em Sanders
               Boyd and/or AJ Green (I am assuming he fell out of the top 20?)

Users who are viewing this thread