What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Are Harsh Truths About Real Life That You Would Prefer To Just Ignore ? (8/30) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
VIDEO: 15 Brutal TRUTHS People Don't Want To Hear May 13, 2018

1. We are not born equal
2. If emotions control you, you have already lost
3. Your appearance makes a difference
4. A person is not defined by what they own
5. If you are not living, you are just dying
6. Thinking and doing are not the same thing
7. Money, family and success can make you happy. (Success means you have options)
8. Life is a competition
9. Everyone is wearing different masks depending on the occasion
10. (Many) poor people stay poor mostly because they never try / don't know how to learn "new tools" to help themselves
11. Happiness comes from what you do for others
12. Being busy doesn’t mean you are doing anything worthwhile
13. Everyone you know will eventually die including yourself
14. Your urgent problems won’t matter 5 years from now
15. You are a tiny organism, on a rock floating through space

16. Everything about your life is now in your own hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Ka7XstpnI

VIDEO: 12 Harsh Truths You Need To Accept To Live a Happy Life Jan 3, 2022

There are some harsh truths about life people don't like to hear, but if you want to be happy, you need to accept them. We all want happiness, but not many of us actually attain it. People keep doing the same things while expecting different results. But that's just not how life works. Many people on their journey of self improvement overlook the things that actually make a difference. But regardless of your current situation, if you learn to accept these harsh truths of life, you'll find your days much happier and more fulfilling.

1. You Are Not That Important

2. Not Everyone Is Going To Like You
3. You Are Not Defined By Your Possessions
4. You Always Have A Choice
5. Your Feelings Are Caused By Your Thoughts
6. If You Don't Hold Yourself Accountable, Then Someone Else Surely Will Do It For You
7. People Want You To Do Well, But Not Better Than Them
8. There Is No Perfect Time To Do Anything
9. Someone Always Has It Better, Or Worse, Than You
10. Fear Will Keep You From Living
11. Your Expectations Are Causing Your Disappointment

12. You Live The Life You Create For Yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJsXf3UWwng

Here is another topic that is designed to increase discussion and participation in the FFA.

I'd like to have an open honest discussion here about hard truths about real life and how the world works that we simply prefer to ignore. That strategy might something ingrained from early life and holds the person back from moving forward, sometimes the circumstances make it seem like the best out of a series of very bad options temporarily, and often the pain of "living with it" for many can be seen as less savage than the brutal confrontation and fallout of tearing those scabs off those old long festering wounds.

Here are some issues, in general, that I've observed with others over time, for example,

1) A lot of people seem to struggle with jettisoning toxic people out of their lives. Family many times. Relationships many times. Predators, abusers and grifters under the disguise of "friendship" many times. It's a hard truth and deal for many to throw out people who only drag them down, but for many, it's all they've ever known.

2) Many people seem to struggle, understandably, with the issue that one or both of their parents didn't love them, never loved them and never wanted them. For many people, that legacy and shame is a weight they carry all their lives and clouds almost every decision they've made into adulthood. It's a hard truth for many because so much of this complexity is tied into personal identity and one's self worth.

3) Countless people seem to struggle to accept that there is nothing particularly "special" about them in the eyes of the entire world. The largest stage for this currently is social media, where you see the quiet desperation by millions to be seen, be heard, be "important" and be someone of "influence" It's a hard truth for many to realize that you will never be Thor, that you will just be that random Asgardian Foot Soldier No#73 sitting in some far off corner somewhere not very important at all.

What are some harsh truths about real life that you've found you tend to ignore? Why? Did previous issues exist where you did ignore them for a long time but eventually you could no longer avoid dealing with it? Why did that happen? Does anything on the lists from the two videos above resonate with you personally? Which ones? Why? In other people through observation, what are the common things you see that others rationalize away for themselves, for whatever reason, to their own detriment?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss. (8/30)

I try to ignore greed, everyone is at least a little greedy in some way, I have a hard time understanding how greedy some people can be. I am especially bothered when someone feels pennies are more important than people.

Long rambling threads with YouTube as the information source.

Edit, it is a shame because most the topics gecko creates are interesting. However to me they read like they were created by an AI and I go out of my way not to respond.

Some subjects should have lots of facts and other subjects are more opinion and personal perspective, for example this thread.

Last edited:
Long rambling threads with YouTube as the information source.

Edit, it is a shame because most the topics gecko creates are interesting. However to me they read like they were created by an AI and I go out of my way not to respond.

Some subjects should have lots of facts and other subjects are more opinion and personal perspective, for example this thread.
The need to number everything so it can later be used to point out to others ones great contributions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread