What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you think (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
Carolina

I think he's be a great possession wr, I've always heard he's one of the more physical blockers to help the run and he'd be that guy to go across the middle while Smith could stretch the D alittle more. It would give them the experience they need on offense in my opinion. What do you all think.

And I thought I was the only one thinking KJ might be in line for Carolina ... :thumbup:

After I seen reports that the Panthers had interest in Givens ($$$) that was my exact thoughts this afternoon when I heard the special report on the nfl network. As a Panther fan I can see that happening. I'm not high on KJ but they (Carolina) seem not to favor D. Carter as I hoped for. I believe Carter can and will step up this year if given the chance.

I would welcome K. Johnson too the family for the right price.

Give me the ball Keyshawn and always open Smith... goodluck too Jake in the huddle!!!

Look how KJ fought w/ Bledsoe in Dallas, and Bledsoe's a well respected vet. Even Parcells wouldn't get in Drew face and KJ was all over his sh-t all season.

I have delhomme in a keeper league and I'd prefer he not have the KJ hassel.

I have been trying to pinpoint a good team for him. Carolina would be awesome. Then he gets to play the revenge card twice a year.

How about Detroit?

That way, when they use their first pick on a WR, they should be set, with 5 first round draft receivers.

I think KJ would be a good fit with the Giants. Still one of the best blocking WR'ers in the game and one that will go over the middle to catch a ball he would be a upgrade over Toomer as the #2 WR. The other team he could help would be the Dolphins to go with Chambers and McJail.

Aside from Tampa, Detroit, Indy, Pittsburgh (that's even arguable) and Arizona are there any teams that don't make sense?

What about Philly?

Sure would be a nice fit there as well....
I actually got on the board this morning to field questions on this very thought.I just wondered if Reid want to take on another difficult WR after what shall forever be known as "The Owens Fiasco."

Give me the ball Keyshawn and always open Smith... goodluck too Jake in the huddle!!!

Look how KJ fought w/ Bledsoe in Dallas, and Bledsoe's a well respected vet. Even Parcells wouldn't get in Drew face and KJ was all over his sh-t all season.

:bs: jditty, Key was a great locker room guy and a hard worker and will be greatly missed. Who ever signs Key will be getting an outstanding player. I wonder if SF wants a do over with the AB signing.

I would love to see Key play for us. Because we have an elite WR in Steve Smith, unlike the last 2 teams Key played for, Key should have no question in his mind that he would be the clear #2 behind Smith. That would help with the ego problems.

Lots of speculation last night that New England would be interested.
Denver if they don't end up with Owens.
How are you putting Ownens and KJ on the same level?If Denver does not sign Owens it might sign many many other WR's before KJ. KJ's talent level at this point is a #2WR maybe a #3 WR on most teams while ownes is clearly a #1 WR.

I think a ton of teams will be interested in Key for the right price. I know it's not generaly their style, but why not Pittsburgh? They lost Randle El, lost Plax the year before, and right now are looking at C. Wilson as the starter opposite Ward. Key is a solid blocker, goes over the middle; would make a lot of sense [and then PIT could draft a deep speed guy to play WR3].

Aside from Tampa, Detroit, Indy, Pittsburgh (that's even arguable) and Arizona are there any teams that don't make sense?
Why would Pittsburgh not make sense, unless they couldn't afford him?Steelers needs at WR are a big target who can pull balls down in the red zone, make plays downfield from time to time, and block like a demon in the run game. Keyshawn fits that mold to a "T."

Washington wouldn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints message boards are suggesting NO has interest, particularly with the Payton connection. How he and Joe Horn would co-exist, I have no idea. The Saints could use a big, physical, possession receiver, as Horn's hands have become more unreliable, and Stallworth has always been suspect in that department.

Why would Pittsburgh not make sense, unless they couldn't afford him?Steelers needs at WR are a big target who can pull balls down in the red zone, make plays downfield from time to time, and block like a demon in the run game. Keyshawn fits that mold to a "T."
So does Ward.

So does Ward.
All except the "big target" part.

So does Ward.
Right. The Steelers like that type of guy. They could sign Johnson to play alongside Ward (he's better than Quincy Morgan), with Wilson in the slot where he belongs, draft a burner like Moss to return kicks and stretch the field in spread looks, and not miss Randle-El at all.

So does Ward.
Right. The Steelers like that type of guy. They could sign Johnson to play alongside Ward (he's better than Quincy Morgan), with Wilson in the slot where he belongs, draft a burner like Moss to return kicks and stretch the field in spread looks, and not miss Randle-El at all.
I said it's arguable, just seems to me that Key is too much like Ward, without the love of the fans. The #2 there should be a faster WR. Plus, how often do the Steelers go after other teams high profile cast-offs?

How are you putting Ownens and KJ on the same level?If Denver does not sign Owens it might sign many many other WR's before KJ. KJ's talent level at this point is a #2WR maybe a #3 WR on most teams while ownes is clearly a #1 WR.
Where did I put KJs talent level on the same level as Owens? KJ is the 2nd best WR available in free agency and if they can't land Owens I could see where they might take a look at KJ, but I guess you told me, didn't ya big guy! I heard an interest fact this morning on ESPN radio. KJ and TO have the 3rd and 4th most receptions in their first 10 years in the NFL (behind only Rice and Harrison). Guess who is #3 and his name isn't TO. TO is clearly the better of the 2, but KJ would help out the Denver passing game.

I don't think Keyshawn will be in Carolina. This morning on local sportstalk radio, Marty Hurney stated that people outside the Panther organization have a different view concerning their WRs. I'm paraphrasing, but they're happy with what they've got. Steve Smith, Drew Carter came on toward the end of the season, Ricky Proehl is coming back, and Keary Colbert just had surgery to remove a couple of bone chips from his ankle(?) that had really bothered him all year and nobody really knew the extent of the injury. The Panthers want to run the ball and stop the run, as witnessed by their free agent signings to date.

Now, this may all have been coach-speak, or in this case GM-speak, and Keyshawn could be here tomorrow morning, but I thought I'd just let you guys in on what was said here locally just this morning.

Where did I put KJs talent level on the same level as Owens? KJ is the 2nd best WR available in free agency and if they can't land Owens I could see where they might take a look at KJ, but I guess you told me, didn't ya big guy! I heard an interest fact this morning on ESPN radio. KJ and TO have the 3rd and 4th most receptions in their first 10 years in the NFL (behind only Rice and Harrison). Guess who is #3 and his name isn't TO. TO is clearly the better of the 2, but KJ would help out the Denver passing game.
But I don't think Denver is in the market for a #2 WR was my point; they need a #1 WR."KJ and TO have the 3rd and 4th most receptions in their first 10 years in the NFL (behind only Rice and Harrison)" - That is shocking and I have no idea who #3 would be - (wild ### guess - Rod Smith)

So does Ward.
I said it's arguable, just seems to me that Key is too much like Ward, without the love of the fans. The #2 there should be a faster WR. Plus, how often do the Steelers go after other teams high profile cast-offs?
Almost never. It's highly unlikely, I just think Johnson's skill set is a good fit in Pittsburgh's offense.

Keyshawn only got into it with Bledsoe after Bledsoe got in his face after a fumble. Johnson didn't feel it was necessary for Bledso to go after him like that, he knew what he did wrong.

So does Ward.
Almost never. It's highly unlikely, I just think Johnson's skill set is a good fit in Pittsburgh's offense.
I agree completely. I just didn't think it made sense for the Steelers to go against their philosophy that got the a Lombardi trophy.

So does Ward.
I agree completely. I just didn't think it made sense for the Steelers to go against their philosophy that got the a Lombardi trophy.
See, I don't really see that as being a breach of philosophy. They're not averse to signing free agents to good contracts IF the guy fits into their system/attitude. Duce Staley is a perfect example. Keyshawn, for all the "Meshawn" stuff, never takes a play off, plays hard on every snap, is a terrific blocker, and provides a big target opposite Ward - he's actually a great fit. However, the money he's likely to be looking for will be out of the realm of possibility for the Steelers. On the surface, though, I wouldn't see a Keyshawn signing as a philosophical deviation at all.

What about Philly?

:goodposting: That's my pick.

Philly has Reggie Brown, HOLE, Pinkston, Greg Lewis

Adding a possession WR with good downfield blocking skills would fit well.

Another team is Chicago, with the loss of ARE.

Parcells has some friends w/ Carolina. I'm sure they've chatted
The Panthers OC Dan Henning knows Keyshawn very well from when they worked together for the Jets.

What about Philly?

:goodposting: That's my pick.

Philly has Reggie Brown, HOLE, Pinkston, Greg Lewis

Adding a possession WR with good downfield blocking skills would fit well.

Another team is Chicago, with the loss of ARE.
didnt we get him already last year?

None of the above. I think he'll end up in NE. With Givens probably out, and Belichik's past with Keyshawn, it seems like a good fit to me :shrug:

But I don't think Denver is in the market for a #2 WR was my point; they need a #1 WR."KJ and TO have the 3rd and 4th most receptions in their first 10 years in the NFL (behind only Rice and Harrison)" - That is shocking and I have no idea who #3 would be - (wild ### guess - Rod Smith)
No, #3 is KJ and #4 is Owens. There are no #1 available beside Owens and I don't believe Denver has the money to sign him. Besides KJ and Owens were drafted the same year so as far as getting a #1 your probably only looking at a couple year window with Owens also being a #1. KJ is a good blocker as is R. Smith which really helps the running game out. Plus they still have Lelie to stretch the field. Right now thats all they have is Lelie and Smith. KJ would be a gap filler until they find they're new #1.

With Keyshawn saying that he knows what hes worth and it is more than $2.5 mil/year, my guess is that he'll play for ESPN this season because he might have trouble finding that on an NFL team.

I actually think Keyshawn would be a good fit in Miami if he came at a cheap enough price. He compliments Chris Chambers and Randy McMicahel better than Marty Booker does IMO...

I don't think Keyshawn will be in Carolina. This morning on local sportstalk radio, Marty Hurney stated that people outside the Panther organization have a different view concerning their WRs. I'm paraphrasing, but they're happy with what they've got. Steve Smith, Drew Carter came on toward the end of the season, Ricky Proehl is coming back, and Keary Colbert just had surgery to remove a couple of bone chips from his ankle(?) that had really bothered him all year and nobody really knew the extent of the injury. The Panthers want to run the ball and stop the run, as witnessed by their free agent signings to date.

Now, this may all have been coach-speak, or in this case GM-speak, and Keyshawn could be here tomorrow morning, but I thought I'd just let you guys in on what was said here locally just this morning.
Go post. You NCState folk continue to amaze me. :P As I've been stating since the end of the season, the Cats don't need a WR. What they need is some run blocking and LBs.

Users who are viewing this thread