What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What foods or resturuants make you scream GROSS!? (1 Viewer)

I'm inquiring about the accuracy of the "information" that's spread around here, because nobody seems to question it. Then it morphs into something nefarious.
The term "hate group" is thrown around loosely and people are fine with it because they're too lazy to understand anything beyond labels. I guess ignorance is bliss and it takes less effort to remain gullible.

I'm inquiring about the accuracy of the "information" that's spread around here, because nobody seems to question it. Then it morphs into something nefarious.
The term "hate group" is thrown around loosely and people are fine with it because they're too lazy to understand anything beyond labels. I guess ignorance is bliss and it takes less effort to remain gullible.
Snopes - TRUE

I think french fries should only be eaten with malt vinegar.  I don't eat french fries often, but vinegar is the superior choice for me.

I think french fries should only be eaten with malt vinegar.  I don't eat french fries often, but vinegar is the superior choice for me.
Yeah, I only have them about once a year but fish and chips with malt vinegar are delicious when done correctly.  Far too often, though, the fried fish is just tasteless and too 'bready'.  But the vinegar on fries... :thumbup:

What do you think Bert puts on his fries at Golden Corral?  

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think Bert put's on his fries at Golden Corral?  
Damn good question FDAS.  My guess is some sort of gravy/lard mixture.  Followed by more fries, then another layer of gravy and lard.  Then another layer of fries with lard, ketchup, mayo and broccoli.  HA! just kidding about the broccoli.  It's actually more fries, following by of course another layer of lard, gravy, mayo and ketchup.  After that, he'll add a large pizza, with more (you guessed it) lard, gravy, mayo and ketchup.  He tops them off with ribs, to make it classy.

Read your previous posts. Now read the article you linked. You don't see a difference?

Please tell me you recognize the enormous gap in the presentation of what actually happened. We live in a sound-bite shock value world, so I can't even assign blame to anyone here. I just hope we can all do better. 

Back to discussing overrated food...

Read your previous posts. Now read the article you linked. You don't see a difference?

Please tell me you recognize the enormous gap in the presentation of what actually happened. We live in a sound-bite shock value world, so I can't even assign blame to anyone here. I just hope we can all do better. 

Back to discussing overrated food...
No I don't see the difference.

I used to when I was a christian. But now I see the point of view that homosexuals have always had. Christians in general, and especially southern baptists, like Cathy Truett, treat homosexuals as a subclass of human beings, not worthy of the same rights as everyone else. I agree that there's no evidence that they refused to serve homosexuals, but yes they did in fact donate millions of dollars to groups that fought to keep homosexuals from having the same rights as everyone else. Cathy Truett said "Guilty as charged" and even went on to claim that god is going to punish the country because of homosexuals:

"I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say ‘we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage’ and I pray God’s mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about," - Cathy Truett
How much do you have to hate people to claim god is going to punish our country because of them? I mean really, do you not think that's hate? Seriously? Because the only way you can see a difference that you claim is there is to not recognize that as hate. 

What the hell is wrong with people?  Who in their right goddaamned mind camps outside on a sidewalk for a hamburger?  Are these the same lunatics that camp outside a store on Thanksgiving?  Camp out for Star Trek movies?  Dolts, the lot of them.
@Otis to the yellow courtesy phone. 

Chick Fil A donated money to homosexual hate groups. 

The only argument that they didn't is the belief that the organizations they donated to don't really hate gays. But that requires the "love the sinner, hate the sin" mindset. If you hate what they do, then you hate who they are, because what they do is who they are. 
Wrong. 

You love your kids when they do things that are wrong, don’t you? Just because the gay life conflicts with Scripture doesn’t mean Christians don’t love them or won’t sell them a chicken sandwich. 

Damn good question FDAS.  My guess is some sort of gravy/lard mixture.  Followed by more fries, then another layer of gravy and lard.  Then another layer of fries with lard, ketchup, mayo and broccoli.  HA! just kidding about the broccoli.  It's actually more fries, following by of course another layer of lard, gravy, mayo and ketchup.  After that, he'll add a large pizza, with more (you guessed it) lard, gravy, mayo and ketchup.  He tops them off with ribs, to make it classy.
Was listening to sports radio here and former Patriot players were talking about how Charlie Weis (former O-Coordinator), who is rather large, would take the bread from under the bacon to make his sandwich with.

Yes, the bread they put there to soak up the bacon fat so the bacon isn't swimming. That bread. 

Wrong. 

You love your kids when they do things that are wrong, don’t you? Just because the gay life conflicts with Scripture doesn’t mean Christians don’t love them or won’t sell them a chicken sandwich. 
If I ever come out and say god is going to punish our country because of my kids, then I'll see your point. 

Was listening to sports radio here and former Patriot players were talking about how Charlie Weis (former O-Coordinator), who is rather large, would take the bread from under the bacon to make his sandwich with.

Yes, the bread they put there to soak up the bacon fat so the bacon isn't swimming. That bread. 
What's all this now?  Bread under bacon?  Never heard of this in my life.  

What the hell is wrong with people?  Who in their right goddaamned mind camps outside on a sidewalk for a hamburger?  Are these the same lunatics that camp outside a store on Thanksgiving?  Camp out for Star Trek movies?  Dolts, the lot of them.
Can't they just convince themselves that it really opened a month later and just go then?

Wrong. 

You will sell them a sandwich and claim biblical love while supporting causes that work to deny them rights.. like marriage.  :crazy:

What foods or resturuants make you scream GROSS!?
I don't scream because I'm a man. But any chain is a turnoff to me. I like to eat at places where you can actually meet the owner. Locally-owned restaurants where they can tell you where the food came from. I mostly just cook for myself though - whole foods without a lot of seasoning, usually just salt and pepper. Helps me perform at my peak level. I don't trust many people when it comes to how I fuel my body, and I've reaped the benefits of doing so for years now.

Can't they just convince themselves that it really opened a month later and just go then?
When we got our first Sonic in the area (almost a decade ago?) it cause major traffic issues in the area for months.  The drive through would be backed up around the whole building and back into the street.  There were never drive up spots available.  We stayed away until it toned down into just an average level of business because we were curious.  It was definitely different in its choices, and not horrible, but certainly not worth waiting in line for 10x longer than other fast food options.  I have to imagine any new fast food joint opening up will be the same thing.  My quality of life certainly doesn't improve if I get to be the first of my friends that have eaten at the newest fast food joint in town.

I don't scream because I'm a man. But any chain is a turnoff to me. I like to eat at places where you can actually meet the owner. Locally-owned restaurants where they can tell you where the food came from. I mostly just cook for myself though - whole foods without a lot of seasoning, usually just salt and pepper. Helps me perform at my peak level. I don't trust many people when it comes to how I fuel my body, and I've reaped the benefits of doing so for years now.
Agree with your sentiments, but regarding the bolded, what about this guy?

Nice.  There's a tradition in Fayetteville, that the U of A coach does a radio show at a place called Catfish Hole.  ####### amazing fried catfish (I like the nuggets more than the filets, but it's all great).  As typical of those types of places, as soon as you hit the table you get bowls of free stuff like pickles and hushpuppies.  The hushpuppies are outstanding.  Apparently Bert thinks so too, because according to one of my friends who waited tables there, he took a healthy bag home after eating massive amounts of food every Wednesday.  She said she always was worried that they'd run out of hushpuppies on Wednesdays.

What's all this now?  Bread under bacon?  Never heard of this in my life.  
I've seen this at hotel buffet/conference center types. They put white bread in those big silver serving/warming trays and then throw the bacon/sausage on top. Bread soaks up the oil instead of the meat just swimming in it. 

Like an edible paper towel used after deep frying. 

It's not actually meant to be eaten of course, but good luck convincing Charlie Weis of that.

100% chance these people rape boys.

The foundation also gave more than $200,000 to the Paul Anderson Youth Home, a Georgia-based “transformative organization” that operates a “Christian residential home for troubled youth.” Focusing on boys, their teachings include the idea that the “sexual, physical, and mental abuse of children, mostly in the alleged ‘safety’ of their own homes has produced all kinds of evil throughout the culture to include the explosion of homosexuality in the last century.” The myth that people are LGBTQ due to abuse is a claim frequently made by anti-LGBTQ organizations to promote harmful “ex-gay” therapy.

Did you read the article you linked?

How much does it back up your claim?

that's why they were refusing to serve gay people back in the day

I mean, these are your very own posts and thoughts, right? You seriously can't even correctly support your own views?
Do you want to try again, or will you admit to be being wrong... or dishonest ... or perhaps just ignorant? Maybe a combination of those?

Users who are viewing this thread