What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happened/was around before the "Big Bang" (1 Viewer)

MT gave me an interesting link-an hour or so lecture on this topic. Essentially, before the Big Bang, there was nothing. However, nothing isn't actually nothing- it's more of a perfect balance if you will. A slight disturbance in the equilibrium of nothingness led to the Big Bang and expansion. He also concluded that the universe does not repeat, is not eternal and will not retract, but is headed to destruction. I wish I could recall the speaker's name.
This sounds pretty cool...do you still have the link? If not, do you happen to remember how they explained how "nothing" could be "disturbed"?
http://youtu.be/EjaGktVQdNg
So great
One thing that seemed interesting to me was the talk of this collider they've created in Europe.

Can they essentially "create" a universe with it if it works accordingly? Or at least the particles/elements and other items that are symptomatic of universe creation?

Could we simply be a universe created by a similar civilization's scientist that's billions of years older and billions of years more developed that ours?

I often find it fun to consider we might be a science experiment for a billion year old civilization, and a million years from now, we'll create our own "universe" including an earth using a "collider" in Europe. And our entire universe is basically a snow globe. Maybe we're just version number 190128172 of Sid Meier's "Civilization Game". It's certainly not impossible. :shrug:

Is there an official name on this type of theory?
Not created from a collider but there are some people, like Nick Bostrom, that theorize we are living in a computer simulation.

Users who are viewing this thread