What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Julie Andrews signature role? (1 Viewer)

Signature Role

• Mary Poppins - Mary Poppins

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Emily - The Americanization of Emily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maria - Sound of Music

Votes: 41 59.4%
  • Millie - Thoroughly Modern Millie

• Sam - 10

• Victoria - Victor/Victoria

• Sally - S.O.B

• Julie - Julie (TV show)

• Queen Clarisse - The Princess Diaries

• Total voters

badmojo1006

Footballguy
She is a lot like Harrison Ford in that she has two iconic roles and everything else is not close

I went with Sound of Music barely over Mary Poppins

I much prefer Mary Poppins, but Sound of Music probably wins this.

Sound of Music is the obvious choice.  How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

Andrews is pretty much wonderful in everything she graced with her presence but she gets off some great lines in Victor/Victoria.

I voted Sound of Music, only because that role was so iconic that I often forget it was Julie Andrews who played the role of Mary Poppins.

I think it's really close, but I went Mary Poppins. And with the new Poppins coming out & making a bazillion dollars, I think her role in the original will outpace Maria with kids because Disney's new streaming service will show it a million times a day.

In any case, what a talent. Her mini-comeback in the '80s - as has been noted above - was a blast, though I'm sure it horrified some.

I voted for sound of music since that's the only one on the list that I have seen.  Mary popping looks painful to watch.  Watching Sound of music once was enough as well.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll solve a problem like Maria by saying Julie Andrews will always be Cinderella to me. First primetime TV show i ever watched, think i was 3.

My folks still get mad when My Fair Lady is on because they saw it onstage and say it don't work with anyone but Miss Andrews.

Looking forward to cousin Rob's Mary Poppins Returns, but it will be a challenge because i HATED the original. Might have been the first children's media i was too "grown up" for....

I voted for sound of music since that's the only one on the list that I have seen.  Mary popping looks painful to watch.  Watching Sound of music once was enough as well.  
Great movie.  Incredible talent on display.

Not sure why I dislike Sound of Music so much.  I don't think I've ever watched it all the way through.

Sound of Music is the obvious choice.  How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

Andrews is pretty much wonderful in everything she graced with her presence but she gets off some great lines in Victor/Victoria.
Didn't she show her boobs in V/V?

Users who are viewing this thread