What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Kevin Costners signature role? (2 Viewers)

Signature Role

• Jake - Silverado

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eliott Ness - The Untouchables

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Tom - No Way out

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Crash Davis - Bull Durham

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • Ray - Field of Dreams

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • Lt. Dunbar - Dances with Wolves

Votes: 44 20.8%
  • Robin Hood - Robin Hood

• Jim Garrison - JFK

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Frank - The Bodyguard

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wyatt Earp - Wyatt Earp

• Roy - Tin Cup

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • The Postman - The Postman

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Billy - For the love of the game

• Devil Hatfield - Hatfields & McCoys

• Other

• Total voters
As others have said, Open Range has to be on the list.

I thought Dances with Wolves was a great movie to watch one time but not more than once. I like Untouchables better for that reason. I think No Way Out, Tin Cup, Field of Dreams, and Wyatt Earp are all great.

But IMO Bull Durham is the choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crash Davis.

All three of his baseball movies are classics. Yes...even Billy Chapel. For Love Of The Game was a great baseball/love story/date movie.

Dances With Wolves is epic. I love that movie. Elliot Ness....great breakout role for Costner IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Charley Waite from Open Range

2. Lt Dunbar 

3. Wyatt Earp (not as good as Tombstone, but he's much better than Russell in the part)

I think that these are his best.

Sarandon nearly ruined Bull Durham for me.
i also really liked open range but i love westerns the cinemetogrophy in open range is awesome take that to the bank brohan 

Encyclopedia Brown said:
The Untouchables.

He was a young guy with not a lot of big time credentials but went toe-to-toe with Connery and De Niro. It is his quiet earnestness in contrast to those two scene-chewers that makes the movie.   
That's actually a really good point and observation. He was great in The Untouchables, though I thought Connery was actually the best in that movie, even more so than De Niro, who I thought mugged his way through it a bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread