What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the BEST trade offer you've rejected? (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
A twist on the famous worst trade offer thread. Let's hear the biggest offers you've turned down. I have a few from the past that I'll try to dig up. I remember one in particular not too much before the trade deadline inseason a couple of years back and the value was just ridiculously in my favor on paper, but it would have crippled my RB corps and my competitiveness inseason. Sometimes people make offers you can't quite refuse but sometimes it's hard to say yes.

Anyway my most recent rejection in this category from this morning in an FFPC TriFlex

I give Mahomes
I get Fields, K Herbert, Mims, 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd

It could still go somewhere but I want a better 1st - that one looks pretty late to me

In 2016 in-between Wk2 and Wk3 I rejected Jordy Nelson for my Todd Gurley. Whoops.

The other guy went went 10-4 that season, I went 4-10.

Not sure this is the BEST I have rejected, but it is the most recent (this morning)

I give: Rachaad White
I receive: Gabriel Davis and a 2026 1st Rounder

Getting a 1st rounder for Rachaad White should be a no brainer. But here is why I did not do it:

I already have Lamb, AJ Brown, Higgins and DeVonta Smith at WR. White is my RB 4 (Chubb, Barkley, Breece Hall) but is my Hall insurance. Just did not want to wait four years for that pick, when I am defending champ and a sure contender with a balanced team.

I think @Gally offered me Jalen Hurts before his breakout for Danielle Hunter and Dalton Schultz, and I turned it down because thought Hurts was not going to pan out.

Oof, in retrospect. @Gally was offering Hurts at more than reasonable prices, IIRC.
For sure… definitely reasonable at the time too. Just did not think made sense for me from roster/lineup construction standpoint (1QB with Rodgers, so just did not think made sense to trade two players who were regulars in my lineup for what I perceived as a fantasy backup QB). I was pretty wrong there though.

For sure… definitely reasonable at the time too. Just did not think made sense for me from roster/lineup construction standpoint (1QB with Rodgers, so just did not think made sense to trade two players who were regulars in my lineup for what I perceived as a fantasy backup QB). I was pretty wrong there though.

Oh yeah, I'm just talking in retrospect. At the time, I'd have had a really tough time pulling that trigger. No judgment here. Just. . .oof. That sucks. Hunter was a monster for a bunch of years. Schultz was starting and putting up numbers. I dig it.

A package involving Cooper Kupp for a package involving James Robinson. I moved Robinson for Goedert and a first in the end, but in retrospect, I wish I'd moved him for Kupp. But the guy wanted a ton for Kupp at the time. He hadn't really taken off yet like he did the past two years.

Oh well. That's the best one. It's actually a longer story as we did get a deal done for Kupp, but then MFL wouldn't process it and the guy backed out of the trade.

And Don offered me a first for Zeke two years ago, which I rejected and then thought better of and re-sent the deal, only for Don to figure out that Zeke had no juice and declined the re-offer. That was funny.

Well. . .here's the thing. It was going to be a very late first because Don was ticketed to go deep in the playoffs and I knew that. I traded Zeke for the 2.01 in the end, so it wasn't really money out of my pocket at that point. And I re-acquired Zeke, whose points from the RB2 position helped my suspect RB room take home a title.

So there's probably no looking back with "Oof" on that one. I got a literal pick below Don's 1.12, and then went out and re-acquired our juiceless friend Zeke. Seriously, he scored a bunch of points last year and served a distinct end.

The Kupp one is probably an oof, though I picked up Javonte with that first. So Javonte and Goedert or Kupp? I'm still going Kupp.

Zeke's points last year were absurd. In half-PPR, after I acquired him in Week Five or Six, he went for (rounded) 15, 18, 17, 16, 17, 18, 14, 13, 10.

Now that's home cooking for how toast he looked.

In May 2019, in FFPC I was offered Calvin Ridley for Demarcus Robinson and Kareem Hunt. For context, this was when the stuff with Tyreek was going on and everyone thought he would be suspended (hence the interest in Robinson), and Hunt was to be suspended the first 8 games of 2019. Ridley was coming off a great rookie season. I rejected and said something like, "I already have Julio and just don't see myself starting both guys."

A couple weeks later, I realized how dumb that was and re-offered it, but he rejected.

Same time period I was offered Tyrek Hill for Ridley. I turned it down with the comment:
"Can't give anything of value for Hill right now. Even if he gets out of this situation it's just a matter of time."

Didn't reject it, but I had this one come in last off-season and sit in my box for about 3 hours, then the other guy pulled it back. I was on a road trip at the time and had just stopped for gas/bathroom break when I saw my phone ding with the offer, and I remember thinking "oh cool a trade offer, I'll check it out when we get back in the car" and promptly forgot about it. Guy rescinded it before I ever even saw it.

I give Gabe Davis
I get 2023 1st (ended up being 1.06)

At that time the 2023 rookie class was getting crazy hype and Gabe was coming off that insane 3TD game or whatever it was in the Buffalo/KC OT game. I would have auto-smashed it. Tried to offer it back to him but he rejected, even when I offered a 3rd as a sweetener.

I think @Gally offered me Jalen Hurts before his breakout for Danielle Hunter and Dalton Schultz, and I turned it down because thought Hurts was not going to pan out.

Oof, in retrospect. @Gally was offering Hurts at more than reasonable prices, IIRC.
I couldn't give that guy away....hahahaa. I was strong at QB so I could part with Hurts and not be too bad off (1QB league). I am thinking I would still have a hard time getting full value for Hurts in that league if I wanted to move him.

Users who are viewing this thread