What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is WIllis McGahee's trade value? (1 Viewer)

Sinners

Footballguy
Just wondering what people are getting for Willis McGahee in trade, even before he takes a snap for the browns.

Hope Bowe owner is tired of him and has no RBs.

Agree you're looking at a WR3 type return

Last edited by a moderator:
The assumed starting RB, who is expected to get the majority of carries for the rest of the season (scrubs backing him up), and he's only worth a WR3? I figured it would be a little higher especially this year with the crap play of RB's in general.

The assumed starting RB, who is expected to get the majority of carries for the rest of the season (scrubs backing him up), and he's only worth a WR3? I figured it would be a little higher especially this year with the crap play of RB's in general.
PPR, I don't think you're getting anything more than a WR3.

I don't play standard so maybe can get more than that there.

Really no point in trading him in serious leagues. Most people are taking a wait and see approach and won't offer much, at least that's what I've gathered from the 3 leagues that I now own him in(12 team, PPR, redrafts). I was hoping even one of the RB-desperate owners would bite, but I'm guessing that those that won him in FAAB, simply won him because they value him more than the others, or the others are just very sceptical and you won the bidding without having to spend more than 20% like some did.

They keyword here is "assumed". There's no guarantee McGahee receives the lion's share of the carries.

The key fact, however, is the situation.

TRich wasn't getting as much work/seeing the field (was seeing like 60% of snaps, getting pulled on 3rd downs) as was expected. Now, replace TRich with McGahee, Weedan with Hoyer (might be a lateral move though) and tell me why anyone should assume McGahee will be able to do better than TRich's 7.8 PPG? This offense is going to remain putrid and I don't foresee McGahee exactly thriving. I can list a ton of RBs I'd rather own.

They keyword here is "assumed". There's no guarantee McGahee receives the lion's share of the carries.

The key fact, however, is the situation.

TRich wasn't getting as much work/seeing the field (was seeing like 60% of snaps, getting pulled on 3rd downs) as was expected. Now, replace TRich with McGahee, Weedan with Hoyer (might be a lateral move though) and tell me why anyone should assume McGahee will be able to do better than TRich's 7.8 PPG? This offense is going to remain putrid and I don't foresee McGahee exactly thriving. I can list a ton of RBs I'd rather own.
That's a fair point, but take into account that T-Rich had zero TD's as well. Do you really see McGahee getting held to zero if he gets 50-60% of the snaps at RB, including goal line? I know the offense sucks, but he's due to get at least a couple which will spike his PPG up a bit. If you're downgrading McGahee from T-Rich's 7.8 PPG, you can't do it by much at all unless you're assuming that he won't score. I doubt anyone expect him to be more than a low end RB3 for bye weeks and to cover injuries.

I do agree that this offense will still suck, and there are plenty of better backs to own(especially in PPR). We'll also need to see if in fact he does get the lion's share of carries. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get at least 50% of the carries and all goal line(which they actually ever get there).

This thread screams OP picked up McGahee, and is trying to flip him before he even plays because his value is possibly highest now. Honestly guy, no one is going to come knocking on your team page with an offer for Willis at the moment, and Im someone who thinks McGahee is the best bet in that backfield, FWIW.

Take this poop of a thread to the AC forum

This thread screams OP picked up McGahee, and is trying to flip him before he even plays because his value is possibly highest now. Honestly guy, no one is going to come knocking on your team page with an offer for Willis at the moment, and Im someone who thinks McGahee is the best bet in that backfield, FWIW.

Yeah, I picked up McGahee is some league, not in others. What about it? You may be right, his value might be at it's highest right now, how does that change the validity of the question? Who said anything about someone knocking on my door? Your post count is really important to you, isn't it? SMH

I was not asking about a specific trade; I was trying to get a concensus on his general trade value at this very moment.

Yeah, I picked up McGahee is some league, not in others. What about it? You may be right, his value might be at it's highest right now, how does that change the validity of the question? Who said anything about someone knocking on my door? Your post count is really important to you, isn't it? SMH

I was not asking about a specific trade; I was trying to get a concensus on his general trade value at this very moment.
Unless you're in some league that Ive never been in, ie where trades once they are accepted by the owners' there's no waiting window, you are already past the point of trading him before he takes a snap as a Brownie. Well, I guess the other person can still trade for him, but they couldnt start him this week so why even do it? I dont see his value skyrocketing or anything on Sunday, so there's no reason to even offer this late in the week.

SMH? Hell no dude, I wont let you Smoke My Hookah

Unless you're in some league that Ive never been in, ie where trades once they are accepted by the owners' there's no waiting window, you are already past the point of trading him before he takes a snap as a Brownie. Well, I guess the other person can still trade for him, but they couldnt start him this week so why even do it? I dont see his value skyrocketing or anything on Sunday, so there's no reason to even offer this late in the week.

SMH? Hell no dude, I wont let you Smoke My Hookah
Wow, you are not even on topic. First off, today is Friday. Most leagues have a 24 hour review. That give you time for a lineup change before Sunday games. There's this whole 24 hour day that comes between Friday and Sunday, it's called Saturday. Who said anything about skyrocketing anything? I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just asking what people think his general value is right now. You can state ZERO, like some other people and your part is done. Not sure why you keep getting pissy and wander off topic.

You don't even know what SMH means?!? SMH

He's worth almost nothing. You just picked him up for free.

Actually, maybe he's worth something to the Bobby Rainey owner in your league lol.

If you are asking this question, you aren't winning your league this year. Sorry.

I would think he is worth about...

QB: Tony Romo/Eli Manning

WR: James Jones/Mike Williams

TE: Jarred Cook/Bennett

Those would be my value of him if trading. For those saying he isn't worth anything, he is more than likely a starting RB and those are scarce in larger leagues with big rosters. Also, it doesn't matter if he was just picked up, that shouldn't affect his value though from others' perceptions, people have a hard time giving for something they could have gotten for free.

Unless you're in some league that Ive never been in, ie where trades once they are accepted by the owners' there's no waiting window, you are already past the point of trading him before he takes a snap as a Brownie.
None of the leagues I'm in have any sort of waiting window. Trades are instant.

I packaged him and Emanuel Sanders for Roddy White.
Well done. Sounds like a trade that works for both parties. The other team likely needs RB help and immediate help at WR, and you get a marked upgrade at WR with the understanding that you're taking a risk given Roddy's health.It goes to show that you can't assess value in a vacuum. Value will greatly fluctuate from league to league depending on the respective owners' needs.

Even at 32 McGahee's the best back on the roster by a longshot -- but ~10 games of RB2/3 just isn't going to be worth much. Especially in dynasty.

Why would you assume that a recently unemployed RB would perform better than all the currently-employed RBs?

I picked him up in a couple of leagues and expect no offers for the next couple of weeks. He was free, so I'll either hope for RB2/3 production, or drop him if he's worthless.

Why would you assume that a recently unemployed RB would perform better than all the currently-employed RBs?
Why? Because for those few hours after Cleveland traded away Richardson, but hadn't sign McGahee, they can honestly claim they once had the worst stable or RBs in the history of the NFL.

ETA - In 99 (their expansion season); they had passes thrown by Tim Couch, Ty Detmer,Kevin Johnson (WR) and Terry (#######) Kirby. They might be able to claim the worst stable of QBs in a season. Although, any team that started Quincy Carter is also in the running

The best way to assess value for a recently acquired FA/waiver addition is to look at the competing bids. These are disclosed and easily available in Yahoo once a player clears waivers under the FAAB bids tabs but can't speak for other sites.

If you outbid someone else and acquired McGahee, then by definition you value him more than anyone else. However if, for example, you won the bid by just $1 over five other owners then you know you can probably shop him to those who missed out and get decent value. If the next closest bid was a mile away then of course the rest of league thinks he is worthless at the moment and you will need to hold him for awhile.

If you picked McGahee up for free as a FA then I agree with others that it is rare someone will pay anything meaningful right away. The psychology to them is that his value was/is nothing and that won't change in their minds until he proves himself on the field.

If you got him of the WW then it will be pretty hard for you to sell him before the first game, because per definition you valued him at least as high as the next guy. The fact that you, they guy that valued him the highest in the league, is now trying to get rid of him will drive his percieved value down. If he has a breakout game on sunday (hell, considering the situation he might only need to score 1 td or half decent yardage) you might get good value for him the next week.

Not that I'm predicting this or anything, but it would be amusing to see Mcgahee go in and actually play well and outperform Richardson.

As it is now, I think he's a great value as a flex player or bye week/injury filler. That said, lets just say he gets 75 yards and a TD this week. What's he worth then?

Id put his worth slightly above Ryan Mathews if he does that in his first game in a Browns uniform without a full week of practice.

Wait until he has a decent game and sell high. Someone will give you a WR2 for him. People say RB aren't as important this year but yet there values are inflated.

Dynasty 10 team ppr league

McGahee for 2014 3rd round pick, (probably around pick #23-25)

Unless you were holding McGahee before he was signed, which makes no sense, you're talking about scooping a guy up from waivers and then trying to sell him to someone right away for some value. Furthermore, it's not like McGahee is replacing someone who got hurt, thereby creating a need at RB for an owner. I mean, I guess Bradshaw owners, but still. People usually don't like giving anything up for a guy who was a FA 30 minutes ago.

to me, nothing.

if I BADLY needed a RB, then next to nothing. Lotta people bid big on waivers for him this week, I laughed as a Browns fan, lol

to me, nothing.

if I BADLY needed a RB, then next to nothing. Lotta people bid big on waivers for him this week, I laughed as a Browns fan, lol
 Hey a Browns' fan? Is Shawn Lauvao back this week? Any news on how he looked in practice? You think he'll be a boost to the OL and offense in general? That's part of why I tried to grab McGahee and why I'm still trying to get him in leagues where I'm RB poor.

Users who are viewing this thread