What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Is Your Dog's Name? (1 Viewer)

I name my dogs after the characters in the movie Pulp Fiction, probably my favorite movie. Jules, an Olde English Bulldogge, died probably five years ago. I now have Mia, another Olde English Bulldogge, aged 3½. Both real sweethearts of a dog.
prior to our current one (Jasmine), we named them after mountain ranges... Jasper, Sierra, Davos

We have a husky mix and were considering mountains or mountain ranges, but then my daughter came up with Summit and we went with that.

We got our dog from someone who needed to re-home her. Her name was Luna already - a black lab-ish creature.

We changed the spelling to Loona after the Loon birds. Suits her well.

We too have a black lab-ish creature. Rescued from the streets of New Mexico with 10 siblings. The shelter that took them in renamed them all after vegetables and we took Mushroom home. Didn't feel like that was a good name for him, so he's Midnight.

Because I'm a dork with very little in the way of a social life, I found one of Midnight's sisters online through the rescue groups' FB page. We're going to have a playdate with his sister Rosie next weekend at a dog park. They look identical. :bag:

Meghan

She's a rescue dog and we've had her for about 4.5 years. That was the name the rescue gave her. They also had a Harry at the time. Seemed to suit her so we kept it. AKA Meghan Mae Barkle. AKA Bear or Little Bear.

We thought she was a black lab mix but did the DNA test thing we found this:

That's pretty cool. Ours is a rescue as well, and while I assume he's half husky and half mixed-breed, it'd be interesting to see the details like this.

We have a terrier mix that we are unfortunately trying to rehome (due to behavioral problems) here in SoCal but having difficulty finding a suitable home / rescue.

So for now, Taco is our doggie.

His name was JoJo when we rescued him but that name was lame. We initially thought he was part Chihuahua (might be?) so Taco seemed apt. :lol:

Meghan

She's a rescue dog and we've had her for about 4.5 years. That was the name the rescue gave her. They also had a Harry at the time. Seemed to suit her so we kept it. AKA Meghan Mae Barkle. AKA Bear or Little Bear.

We thought she was a black lab mix but did the DNA test thing we found this:

Hey mine is part ACD, too. Mostly husky + ACD.

Mine had been abandoned, lived as a stray, then picked up, named, and caged at the pound for a few months, then at a rescue for a few weeks when we got her. We just kept the name, figuring it would be one less adjustment for her to process.

Stella

Last edited:
We have a terrier mix that we are unfortunately trying to rehome (due to behavioral problems) here in SoCal but having difficulty finding a suitable home / rescue.

His name was JoJo when we rescued him but that name was lame. We initially thought he was part Chihuahua (might be?) so Taco seemed apt. :lol:

Can I ask what these behavior issues are? How long have you had Taco?

Kona- 3 yr old female Boxer

I had a Kona. Collie/Akita mix. Big old boy, beautiful. Cancer got him at 2.5. RIP Kona
Cancer sucks, sorry to hear it. My 2 previous Boxers (Portia and Brutus) both got cancer and passed before they were 8.
Must be a Boxer thing. Our female Boxer, now age 6, just had a tumor removed from her leg. Doctor warned us she could have lost her leg but thankfully she avoided that.

We've had him since May of '21. He attacks kids (and some adults, including biting the mail carrier... which prompted action by the USPS and now we have to have a mailbox at the street instead of having mail delivered up to the house).

He also barks incessantly during the day. Can't even have the front door open w/ screen since he barks at anything (or nothing). He also bit a neighbor kid and snapped at a kid during a walk to our local church.

The rescue we got him from reportedly "doesn't have the room" for him, which sounds like a bunch of BS since we see new dogs on their website every couple of weeks. We think they fed us a line about his behavior just to get him off their hands.

The funny thing is he is a sweet, loving dog at night and at many points during the day if it's just me, wife and kids there.

Kona- 3 yr old female Boxer

I had a Kona. Collie/Akita mix. Big old boy, beautiful. Cancer got him at 2.5. RIP Kona
Cancer sucks, sorry to hear it. My 2 previous Boxers (Portia and Brutus) both got cancer and passed before they were 8.
Must be a Boxer thing. Our female Boxer, now age 6, just had a tumor removed from her leg. Doctor warned us she could have lost her leg but thankfully she avoided that.
It’s a pure breed thing. Mixed breed dogs are much healthier on a whole.

Millie - mini-golden doodle. Wife and I kept throwing names out to the kids and that is finally the one that everyone could agree upon.

Nice try.
Next you'll be asking for the maiden name of my grandmother on my dad's side or the name of my kindergarten teacher.

Woody is a big goofy Chocko Lab who will be 3 in April. He helps remind me that napping is what really matters.

We have a 7 year old female German Shepherd named Morgan.

Had an old, white German Shepherd we lost last year named Dexter for context.

We have a 5 year old 75 pound yellow lab named Buddy.

Smart as hell - opens doors and ****.

Sleeps with us every night

Very athletic, runs like the wind

Likes to roughhouse

Once ate two dozen tortillas when we weren't looking

Actually alerted my wife to a would be trespasser/thief one night

Gary.

He's a lazy a-hole, but not a violent, aggressive one. Just your typical old bartender that will get to you when he feels like it. Tip (pet) him well, and he's all yours for the night.

We've had him since May of '21. He attacks kids (and some adults, including biting the mail carrier... which prompted action by the USPS and now we have to have a mailbox at the street instead of having mail delivered up to the house).

He also barks incessantly during the day. Can't even have the front door open w/ screen since he barks at anything (or nothing). He also bit a neighbor kid and snapped at a kid during a walk to our local church.

The rescue we got him from reportedly "doesn't have the room" for him, which sounds like a bunch of BS since we see new dogs on their website every couple of weeks. We think they fed us a line about his behavior just to get him off their hands.

The funny thing is he is a sweet, loving dog at night and at many points during the day if it's just me, wife and kids there.
A dog bites two people in Texas he gets seized and euthanized. I love dogs/animals, but how do you tolerate one that bites innocent people.

Rusty

7yr old Standard Poodle (His color was red as a puppy then he morphed into a lighter red color).

Best dog I have ever had in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread