What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Your FF Street Cred? Looking for SMEs! (1 Viewer)

pizzatyme

Footballguy
Maybe I'm off base here, but i feel it is pretty important to know what perspective someone is coming from when they take a particular position on players.

FBGs does a pretty good job of posting articles and noting if it is from a perspective of PPR,

Dynasty, Standard, etc.

I'd like to see this notated for each poster in the

SP. For instance, I play in the high-stakes FFPC events. I've had a fair amount of success. I feel like when I post thoughts on a player it is highly skewed by my type of league.

I don't think it makes my input more valuable per se, only that it might be valuable to a fellow poster to know from where I'm coming from.

Does anyone else think this would be beneficial?

I'd like to see below everyone's avatar something like the following:

Primary league type: Standard, PPR, 2QB, etc.

League Compettiveness: guppies, sharks, mixed

League Entry Fee: $1-100, $100-500, $500+

Maybe if not under the avatar, it could be in the signature.

Again, does this make sense to anyone else?

I think it would better explain why someone is high or low on a particular player. If love to better understand the basis of their perspective.

Thoughts?

Although the problem you are talking about has gotten better, I think most people claarify themselves fairly quickly in threads, it would be interesting and helpful to have notes like you are talking about.

Too many pissing matches would erupt if we did something like that. It's not worth the trouble.

It's always a good idea to preface thoughts with the league type specifics where they apply. To impliment the other things you would probably need to verify everything which will take some work.

A) League $ amount has basically no bearing on how valid your opinions are, so I don't see what it's at all relevant.

B) Nobody is going to say they play with guppies.

This just seems like a waste of space to me. Many people already put accolades in their signatures.

A) League $ amount has basically no bearing on how valid your opinions are, so I don't see what it's at all relevant.

This just seems like a waste of space to me. Many people already put accolades in their signatures.
Wrong. In general the more money a league costs the more serious people are about it.

Actually it does matter. There are a lot of free league rangers that don't mind taking risks on players because when they miss, it doesn't mean anything to them because they don't lose any money or get penalized in any meaningful way. I see a lot of guys way out on a limb on certain players, and it's not that uncommon that those guys only play in very low stakes or free leagues.

Too many pissing matches would erupt if we did something like that. It's not worth the trouble.
I agree, I think that posters should clarify their view by saying in a 12 team league or a ppr league or dynasty but as far as how much money each league is for, that makes no difference to me.

Wrong. In general the more money a league costs the more serious people are about it.
That's not always true. I can say that in all the leagues I am in the one I want to win the most isn't my most expensive and if I chose not to get in any more expensive leagues this year, it wouldn't make me less hungry or knowledgeable.

There have been free leagues through FBG contests that have been highly competitive over the years. I understand where you are coming from but you can't just throw a blanket statement out to cover all the bases.

It's almost like saying the smarter you are, the more money you make and that isn't always true, look at Charles Barkley.

That's not always true. I can say that in all the leagues I am in the one I want to win the most isn't my most expensive and if I chose not to get in any more expensive leagues this year, it wouldn't make me less hungry or knowledgeable.

There have been free leagues through FBG contests that have been highly competitive over the years. I understand where you are coming from but you can't just throw a blanket statement out to cover all the bases.

It's almost like saying the smarter you are, the more money you make and that isn't always true, look at Charles Barkley.
That is why I said "in general". I figured there would be a couple of guys that treat their yahoo free league like its a high stakes Vegas league.

I became the best fantasy football player in the world last year. It really came down to who I listened to with some observations. I will now be moving on to other life pursuits and dropping most of my leagues. The dominator and FBG can handle my friendly leagues and save me a Bryant boat load of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

He said "in general". He didn't say "everyone".

I would easily say the bigger money the league, the more serious people are about it. It doesnt mean they are BETTER all the time, but will more often spend more time and energy on it.

At no point is he saying EVERYONE, just pointing that out again.

However, in my own experiences, the seriousness of the league directly relates to how much the league costs. I realize this is not ALWAYS the case, hence the words "in general".

Again, no need to argue about being elite because someone pays more money. It is just a "select" I would prefer to see with a quick glance.

I understand some play many varieties of leagues, but again, I think it's beneficial to know your "primary" league when you're taking a position on a player.

Someone can have a tremendously different position on a player based on PPR versus not, 1.0 vs. 1.5 PPR for TEs, Dynasty vs. Redraft, NFFC Diamond League ($10K+ Entry Fee) vs. Yahoo Free league, etc.

Maybe those that want to can add it to their signature and it might catch on?! :shrug:

If you see no value, just breeze on by. :hifive:

If you are on this site and on these boards in early summer, I am interested in your opinion. I don't care how much your league costs.

The league cost shows a strong interest not a strong understanding. I like to know which people win. Those are the people to be sure to read IMO.

For entertainment and new philosophies, this board is full of em'.

A million years ago there was a Marcel Shipp in the second round thread. Some years ago there was a debate with a high stakes winner and the guy was oh so unconventional. I love the different thinking. This board (and every FF board) is littered with threads where people think Peyton or Rodgers or Brady will do well. Woohoo thanks for that groundbreaking thread. I sure won't agree with all the crazy notions, but that's the intrigue for me. I don't care how a house wife picks her FF players by "fun names" or jersey color and dominates, but I do find it interesting and want to know what players she grabbed that made her team so awesome. If you always come to these boards all serious because you invested so much time or money, then you're missing out. That crazy guy that drafted every player way too early and won his league just might be onto something.

Quite frankly I avoid a select group of people from the high stakes leagues. There are guys that get a few buddies and together they pool their money and make their picks. At some point, they're like a three or four headed monster stating some collective viewpoint because their buddies convinced them some junky player would rock. It's too hard to make sense of their logic and it just throws me where I gotta avoid reading their views here. I never know who they are like there's a sign pointing it out, but eventually you can tell. I don't think this team philosophy would ever be a good idea either as the self-analyzation would be too difficult with too much male pride and male ego mixed in. I prefer the "I love this pick, woops I'm wrong" poster. I love humility here.

Users who are viewing this thread