What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What position did..... (1 Viewer)

Would like to thank all of you in helping me with this.

Yes, I knew Clark was a WR all along but the guy needed more than just me.  he got that now, thank you.

YES.....Clark came in tight sometimes, but was never an actual TE as being his position.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZenoRazon said:
How many white dudes have won the Olympic gold medal in the decathlon?
Not sure what your point is with that example, but anyway, I wasn't saying it was rational, or even occurring at a conscious level. I just think that in today's NFL, white WRs who don't fit the "undersized shifty guy who plays exclusively out of the slot" stereotype are few and far between. Only ones I can think of are Jordy, Hogan and Thielen (who plays in the slot but is not a "slot guy" the way Edelman and Beasley are). So I theorized that maybe your friend was influenced by that stereotype and therefore assumed Clark must have been a TE. Or maybe it was combination of that plus mixing him up with Dallas Clark.

Not sure what your point is with that example, but anyway, I wasn't saying it was rational, or even occurring at a conscious level. I just think that in today's NFL, white WRs who don't fit the "undersized shifty guy who plays exclusively out of the slot" stereotype are few and far between. Only ones I can think of are Jordy, Hogan and Thielen (who plays in the slot but is not a "slot guy" the way Edelman and Beasley are). So I theorized that maybe your friend was influenced by that stereotype and therefore assumed Clark must have been a TE. Or maybe it was combination of that plus mixing him up with Dallas Clark.
He read where Joe Montana talked about how Clark could play in tight.  Then he saw Tight End Dwight Clark.....somewhere, and that did it. He's one of those who once he ....a TE...he will not...ok ok my mistake.  What gets me is he knows I'm a life long Niner fan, talking late 50's and know the Niners.  I'm going to know where Clark played.

I needed to show him others agreeing, yep...WR.

There was a time when Lance Alworth, Roger Carr, Bill Groman, Dave Parks, Sonny Randle, Don Maynard, were all white speed receivers, not that Clark was all that speedy.  He would know about them.

rockaction said:
Thanks, man. Glad I'm not seeing things. Totally edited. I guess I'm still wrong, though. Most view him as WR, and I'm in no position to object.   
I saw every game he ever played being a Niner fan here in Cali, he was with out question a WR.  Yes, every once in a awhile he  did come in tight but he was never ever a TE.

Users who are viewing this thread