What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What songs make you misty eyed? (3 Viewers)

yeah, no worries ... woulda been sweet, but somethin' tells me we'll cross paths eventually. 

and MoCS ... and Wik

:popcorn:
Cool, man. If it sounds any better, I got into Newark at four and slept through the night beginning at about seven (maybe a little later? Don't remember). It was a transatlantic flight, and I think one of us would have gone out of our way to either make the City or Newark only to be disappointed with my emotional and physical availability. I was dead-assed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, had not heard the Both Sides Now redux. Still prefer the original, but that's a cool thing to do for that song.
that there are both, so far apart and with each version saying such different things with the same words, is perhaps the most special thing in my listening career

“When Can I See You Again?” by Owl City. 

This is the song at the end of Wreck It Ralph. This was my foster son’s favorite movie. In the month or so before he went back to his biological mom he’d wake up early, I’d get up with him, and he’d sit in my lap eating a banana or he’d share a protein bar with me and we’d watch this movie until I had to get ready for work. When the ending credits would come on, and if my wife was in the room, he loved it when she’d pick him up and dance around the living room with him. He’d smile and laugh throughout the entire song. 

We watched this movie twice on the day he left. I haven’t seen him since. This was almost two years ago and I can’t listen to this song or watch any part of the movie without immediately having an emotional reaction. 

So if you guys have this reaction, is it the song itself, or is there a specific connection with that song to a life event that triggers the tears?
I’m assuming it’s gotta he the latter. Speaking for myself, had this question been asked ten years ago when I was still trying to get over the ex my answer would have been a lot different and would have included songs like “Hate Me” (forget the emo artist), “Screaming Infidelities,” etc. Now those songs actually make me feel kinda happy for the nostalgia of it and because I’m obviously not broken up about that prior relationship. 

I’d say there are two songs I can think of that have no connection to anything for me that I think come close to causing an emotional reaction. They are “Good Riddance” by Green Day and “Imagine” by John Lennon.  But it’s not like they’ve ever actually made me cry or anything. That Clapton song about his kid dying would probably make some cry. 

I’d say there are two songs I can think of that have no connection to anything for me that I think come close to causing an emotional reaction. They are “Good Riddance” by Green Day and “Imagine” by John Lennon.  
Imagine also causes an emotional reaction in me.  The lyrics’ child-like naïveté and the irony of a guy who drives a Rolls Royce singing affectionately about “no possessions” cracks me up.

Heh. I love this -- and I love the Rainbow Connection.

Dude, missed you in Newark but there was no way after flying across the ocean that I was going to be able to meet up for the first time, dead to the world, uttering nonsense, worried about making a connection. I plan on an East Coast trip in six months or so to Boston or NY. Let's try and get together, my friend.

Payce.

yeah, no worries ... woulda been sweet, but somethin' tells me we'll cross paths eventually.

and MoCS ... and Wik

:popcorn:

hey, Rock ... we'll get it someday.

✌️

Does any one know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay
If they'd put fifteen more miles behind her

They might have split up or they might have capsized
They may have broke deep and took water
And all that remains is the faces and the names
Of the wives and the sons and the daughters

The Little Girl - John Michael Montgomery

If You’re Reading This - Tim McGraw

Several mentioned Amazing Grace. Here is a link to the story behind the song.

Does any one know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours?
The searchers all say they'd have made Whitefish Bay
If they'd put fifteen more miles behind her

They might have split up or they might have capsized
They may have broke deep and took water
And all that remains is the faces and the names
Of the wives and the sons and the daughters

a chap assembled a great vid accomplishment to this - led off with a black n' white clip of Harry Reasonor first reporting the Fitz missing, then interspersing footage and radio calls from the doomed journey.

lent a ton more weight to an already harrowing event - gorgeous song, tho ... it's perfectlly beautiful in it's melancholy (morose?) poignancy.

Blue October- The worry list

This is my Daughter’s favorite song. I went through a really messy divorce when she was 3. My ex moved her 2 hours away from me for “a job”. She now understands the complete story and it made our relationship very strong now. I can’t even guess at how many hours I spent waiting for deputies to show up to file a report for denial of visitation. On a side note, my daughter was just in Chicago last week to see Blue October live for the first time!

Ren- Hi Ren
Mental health issues are an awful. If you haven’t seen this video, it is very powerful.

I'll apologize for this one before you listen. I suggest you watch this one alone.

The first time I heard this one was at a funeral of a co-worker that also had a disabled daughter. The fact that it's about Colin Raye's daughter makes it even tougher to get through without crying.

She's With Me

Some anarcho-folk-punk

I Believed You, William Blake - Frank Turner

But I held him when he faltered
When earth and faith did shake
And on my grave the words will say
"I believed you, William Blake"

Pints Of Guinness Make You Strong - Against Me!

In his wallet she kept in her nightstand
An A.A. card and a lock of red hair
She kept secrets of pride locked so tight in her heart
It killed a part of her before the rest was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread