What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What type of fantasy league do you prefer and why? (1 Viewer)

What type of fantasy league do you prefer and why?

• redraft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dynasty(keep all players)

• keeper

• Total voters

fsufan

Footballguy
If you could play in ONLY ONE fantasy league next year what type would it be?I personally am hooked on the dynasty format.

Last edited by a moderator:
63% for dynasty
I think many prefer dynasty because:a. It is year around and does not have a start/stop time. Rather, it changes from one season to another

b. Most dynasty owners think they are smarter (and better at ff) than the average redraft guy and enjoy the depth dynasty offers

63% for dynasty
I think many prefer dynasty because:a. It is year around and does not have a start/stop time. Rather, it changes from one season to another

b. Most dynasty owners think they are smarter (and better at ff) than the average redraft guy and enjoy the depth dynasty offers
I think you hit the nail on the head :goodposting:

I prefer complicated / extensive keeper leagues over pure dynasty. The problem with dynasty is that after a couple years you typically start losing owners who have made mistakes or gotten especially unlucky and realize that its going to take years to dig out of their hole. Add in the annual dues, and that's a lot of money that they'd rather not part with, so they quit.The FISCL league (see link in sig) really tries to walk the tightrope between allowing you to keep players from year to year while letting a team dramatically overhaul their roster and still be competitive the following year. That's the real challenge in designing rules - getting the best of both worlds.

I play in a keep 2 and a redraft league. I find myself paying more attention to detail in the keeper league although I enjoy both. The commish of the keeper league has hinted at wanting to create a seperate dynasty league and I am strongly considering it if he does. I would assume that if that does happen that league would be my primary league since I would have more "ownership" of it compared to a redraft that there is no "loyalty factor". Just a hunch. If there are any resources out there on starting a dynasty league from the ground up I would be interested in looking into it.

We keep 10 of our 20 players. It kind of gives you the best of both worlds. We still get to draft, but you have to dig deeper for players. You can't just pick up a fantasy mag, draft and win the league. Its nice to be able to watch players develope and get them before they are stars.

Ugh, one league only next year is not possible.They each have their strengths and are fun for different reasons, and the different types of things you get from them.

i'll tell you what is fun...auction league w/ 5 year contracts14 teams18 man rosterskeep 10so every year you have to cut 8 guys, tough decision but lets you keep enough young talent to build every year.

Users who are viewing this thread