What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What will dynasty leagues do? (1 Viewer)

Blackjacks

Footballguy
Let me be the 1st to say I don't think there will be a lockout. I think cooler heads will prevail. But my ? is in dynasty leagues will people take the year off or what would you do?

Even if they dont draft, you can still have a draft ... if you play with contracts/salaries, a year with no playing could keep everything static, push 07 picks to 08, etc. ...

There won't be a lockout in 2007. The current CBA expires AFTER 2007. The current CBA calls for an uncapped 2007. 2008 would be the time to worry about a lockout.

It will all depend on the exact situation. The biggest thing to keep in mind is keeping it fair and consistent for all the teams. No real need to speculate too deeply until you know what situation we may find ourselves in. Don’t do anything rash, and make sure to keep the entire league in mind with any proposed changes.

I think you'll see FF dynasty leagues disband completely in the event of a lockout & you'll see a huge rise in fantasy curling leagues.

I think you'll see FF dynasty leagues disband completely in the event of a lockout & you'll see a huge rise in fantasy curling leagues.
I do dumbell curls with 65 pounders. :mellow:

I'm currently working up an article on the Stud Sweeper draft strategy.

Yes I can see HoPpy being all over a curling league.

I'll concentrate on my dead pool entries for that year and probably insert Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones. It will give me something football related to root for. :lmao:

and Gene Upshaw, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the NFL has to know what a lockout would do to the sport. There is no way they dont get something done. As greedy as they all are, they know that they make nothing if there is a lockout. Why risk it? Look what it has done to baseball? I wouldn't be surprised if they get something done at the last miute tonight.....

Just my opinion of course since I know nothing about the business side of football.

I think the NFL has to know what a lockout would do to the sport. There is no way they dont get something done. As greedy as they all are, they know that they make nothing if there is a lockout. Why risk it? Look what it has done to baseball? I wouldn't be surprised if they get something done at the last miute tonight.....

Just my opinion of course since I know nothing about the business side of football.
in a lock out, wouldn't the player get even less? like ZERO. really, this looks like hockey all aover again. but with a more important sport.

in a lock out, wouldn't the player get even less? like ZERO. really, this looks like hockey all aover again. but with a more important sport.
IMO, I don't believe the NFLPA is dumb enough to let labor get to a situation of not working, but if it is then just like the players in hockey got a worse deal after not agreeing to a deal (they were locked out), so will the NFL players.Edit to answer the question of the thread: My hope is that any of the dynasty leagues I am operate and plan as usual until there really is not a draft or no 2008 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ski Jump Archery. First you shoot arrows at the other jumpers. Then you go down the hill, jump, and they shoot arrows at you. Last 4 standing are in the playoffs.

Dynasty leagues will be difficult.

Let me be the 1st to say I don't think there will be a lockout. I think cooler heads will prevail. But my ? is in dynasty leagues will people take the year off or what would you do?
:P Portis26 can simulate each week for us on Madden.

:P Portis26 can simulate each week for us on Madden.
for my league I would try to emulate what happens in the NFL, if you have contracts, do NFL players use years in an OFF year? if so, a year is lost... if nothing changes, than the league goes into mothballs until they start playing again

:lmao: I just drafted that Blond Russian girl. :thumbup:

I'm ready to go. :popcorn:

Wouldn't Dynasty owners do about the same as redraft owners? Sit in their hands and wait for the game to come back...

i think the whole system get screwed.

black becomes white, cats make love to dogs, fires & mud slides, the whole system will be put on its ear.

me? i will be playing my dynasty league in my bunker using my old electric football game.

CFL fantasy league...
:goodposting: for curiosity sake, i wonder if some NFL players would go play in Canada?
Maybe fringe players expecting to go into the CFL and dominate and maybe boost their stock upon a return to the NFL.There were some elite players who went to Europe durin the NHL lockout, but I find it hard to believe an elite NFLer would risk his health for one year in the CFL for hardly any money, and thus risk millions when the NFL resumes.

If they players went on strike before a lockout might change things too. I dunno...

Users who are viewing this thread