What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would life be like if independents had their way? (1 Viewer)

AAABatteries

Footballguy
The other two threads were essentially masturbatory threads to slam the other side so thought why should the rest of us be left out?

Someone made the claim in another thread that there's not really many independents and that most folks align with the majority of ideas/policies of one side or the other.  I think there's some truth to that but I also know that I personally don't identify with either party.*

So, what would things look like if true independents - or maybe a better way to frame it is folks in the middle of the liberal-conservative spectrum  - got their way?

*For transparency and to tell you something you probably already know, I'm very socially liberal and too dumb to understand fiscal policy.  I'm a firm believer in the biblical principle of greed being the root of all kinds of evil.  I think there's a lot of truth to the idea of Capitalism being bad but better than all the rest.  But I think unchecked capitalism is not a good thing.  A lot of the things Bernie has harped on for years resonates with me.  I'm unclear the best way to solve those problems but I at least acknowledge they are problems.

Conservative's could handle it better, Dems would still be bitter and angry if they did not get their way.
Is that because the vast majority of independents that think they are moderates, or even liberals fall on the right side of the political spectrum?  Specifically the "ambivalent right" masses we have around here?   

Depends. Are they liberal Democrat “independents”, or are they conservative Republican “independents”? 

I’d imagine it would be like a well run business.  Problems arise, options are discussed, compromises would be made and problem would be addressed.  Ya know, like how this country is supposed to work.  

Users who are viewing this thread