What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whatcha need tonight to Win the League Championship? (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
Or let us know you've already sewn it up!

GL if you need it tonight.

My opponent picked up - and started - Braxton Berrios (27.90) & Boston Scott (24.60) this week. AYFKM eh.

:ptts:

Need 49.15 from Najee & Freiermuth.

That's 8.55 points higher than they have combined for in a week this season, so that 12% win probability is looking more like 1.2%.

Need Chubb to outscore D Johnson by 2. Very possible but I expect a stressful night of watching. 

Kicking myself for Huntley over Lance and Badgely over Tucker. Really could use those extra 17 points. 

Need 8 points from Chris Boswell in  a league where FG are 3, 5  or 7 points depending on the distance.  I can lose points on misses under 50 yards.

My other league title is secured unless Chubb, Dionte Johnson and Freiermuth can score 100......thanks to JaMarr Chase!

Need Big Ben and Najee Harris to start the game but decide not to play, maybe quit like Antonio Brown, but I need it before they take 1 snap. 

I'm on the wrong end of Chase's score (61 points in our league that awards bonus points for tds over 60 yards), so I need Freiermuth to outscore Chubb by 9 points.

A minor miracle. Need Freiermuth to basically match his biggest game of the year (somewhere around 16 points in 1/2 PPR). The league correcting the BS "fumble" assigned to Hollywood Brown would help a little bit as well.

Should have won easily. My opponent hit the jackpot with Burrow and got 2 garbage time TD's but I still had the better team. Just got screwed with some bad 2nd half game scripts (Rodgers, Penny and Damien Harris all took their foot off the gas because their opponents were horrible). Also got let down by the #1 kicker (Gay) and defense (Dallas) who had given me a lift all year)

I had Chase and Burrow. Game is over.  Picked up St Brown from the Lions halfway through the season.

My first title in 10 years in my main 14 team league.    Been to 3 finals in that time and lost.  Winning a 14 team league is difficult with inuries and depth factors. Was pretty lucky this season injury wise.

Have 2 titles locked up. Can win 2 more if I can fade Freiermuth/Boswell combo scoring 34 in 1.5 TE ppr and then fade Chubb scoring 24 in .5 ppr. Feel okay but could potentially lose either or both. 

I need Rashad Higgins to score less than 39 points.  That number will increase by any amount Harris scores over 6.5.  

I need Ben or Mayfield to contract Covid and one of Lamar/Grappolo/Goeff to get cut and picked up to replace Ben or Mayfield.  Also 73 points from Chubb would work.

In another league is there any chance Antonio Brown puts his pads back on and goes back into the game?

TampaMike19 said:
Months of therapy after what chase did to my mental state yesterday from 4pm onward 
I feel your pain, I needed therapy in 2013 after my Week 15 opponent had Jamaal Charles........ 8 car /20 yds/1 TD, and 8 rec/195 yds/ 4 TDs.  I was playing golf at the time and received a text message from my buddy that I was totally screwed. 

Da Guru said:
I had Chase and Burrow. Game is over. 
Nice.

Chase and Burrow scored 97.04 points in my main league  (56.2 for Chase and 40.84 for Burrow).   Would have beaten 2 teams in my league all by themselves.

Won one league yesterday. in the other two need Najee Harris to score 17 points, and in the other need D Johnson to score less than 15.8 points. Gonna be a stressful night. 

Nice.

Chase and Burrow scored 97.04 points in my main league  (56.2 for Chase and 40.84 for Burrow).   Would have beaten 2 teams in my league all by themselves.

I feel your pain, I needed therapy in 2013 after my Week 15 opponent had Jamaal Charles........ 8 car /20 yds/1 TD, and 8 rec/195 yds/ 4 TDs.  I was playing golf at the time and received a text message from my buddy that I was totally screwed. 

2003 I had my best team ever.  12-2 on the season in a 14 team leage.  Scored 100 points more than the second best team.

Was winning my game with a confortable lead,  my opponent only had Clinton Portis left.  I was at dinner for my wifes birthday and could see a TV over the bar. We were pretty far away so i could not hear the sound but i could see Portis running for a long TD, and kept seeing it.   Finally I could not take it.  I get up and ask the bartender.  Is that a replay they keep showing?  He says..no Portis has 5 TDs and about 250 yards rushing. In those days we gave 10 points for TDs over 50 yards as well. Ended up losing.

Ruined my whole dinner..and my wifes as I was pouting rest of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our championship is done.  Team was up 12 points and only 2 players going was Seattle D for the team that was up and Dalton Schultz for the other.  Schultz did nothing the second half but the Seattle D #### the bed the second half as they went from 18 points to zero.  So Team A was down 5 points.  2 late picks  got him 4 points back and one was fumbled at the 2 yard line.  Got 4 of the 5 points back but that was it. 89-88.  Shows how just getting to the dance is the most important thing coupled with luck.  Both teams would have been crushed by every other team going in consolation games and toilet bowls.  Oh - the winning team had Antonio Brown too...

BobbyLayne said:
Or let us know you've already sewn it up!

GL if you need it tonight.

My opponent picked up - and started - Braxton Berrios (27.90) & Boston Scott (24.60) this week. AYFKM eh.

:ptts:

Need 49.15 from Najee & Freiermuth.

That's 8.55 points higher than they have combined for in a week this season, so that 12% win probability is looking more like 1.2%.
I need 42 from Najee in non-PPR. Less than 1% probability. The over under is 43, for about a 23-20 score and maybe 1 TD each for Najee & Freiermuth.

That means I'll be playing for free the next couple of years in my league, or going to a nice restaurant in SF or LA when I visit my daughters. Which is good with me. 

11.7 points (0.5 ppr) from Najee Harris is all I want. Well, maybe pad that with a few extra points so I can relax.

Need 24 points from Chubb;   full ppr/ +3pts for 100 yds

Let's make it 26.3 and you got a deal!  

Thanks for nothing Zeke

Not a league championship but if Chubb can score over  27 pts, I have a great chance of winning the subscriber contest. Currently sitting in 2nd place.
Ok let's make it 27 so everyone goes home happy. Like I said earlier, let's start it off with one of those beautiful 70+ yard TDs and rack it up from there. Channeling the same Steelers who got gashed by Dalvin Cook for 200+....

Block it up Brownies....

Ok let's make it 27 so everyone goes home happy. Like I said earlier, let's start it off with one of those beautiful 70+ yard TDs and rack it up from there. Channeling the same Steelers who got gashed by Dalvin Cook for 200+....

Block it up Brownies....
Hunt inactive so that helps I would think,. Not going great so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need Cleveland to remember that Nick Chubb is on the team.  As of halftime, I'm down by slightly less than 0.4 points.

Thanks.  Definitely made me sweat, but I should have enough clearance now I don't have to worry about negative points.  First title in this league in nine years.  Especially sweet after almost blowing it heading into the playoffs (from 8-2 to 8-6) and then winning last week even though I was missing four starters to COVID (Ekeler, Kelce, Cooks, and Huntley, who was in for an injured Lamar).

Block it up Brownies....
Turns out we needed Baker to be locked in his home at Cleveland's stadium... along with Stefanski, who seems to believe Chubb should only play half the time. The code was NOT 6

Users who are viewing this thread