What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's a Top 10 Fantasy LB'er worth? (1 Viewer)

houndirish

Footballguy
I'm deep at LB and could use better talent at RB and WR. I've had a couple of owners ask me for Antonio Pierce in trade talks. I really like Pierce and think his future is bright. Barring injury he should be a top 10 LB for the next few years. At one point I was considering trading him for Chester Taylor but I've since backed off that deal. There isn't enough of a free agent market for RB's so gambling on Taylor's featureback status for 2006 seemed too much.I've also been offered Chris Chambers for Pierce. I'm strongly considering this deal. I really need an established WR and feel Miami's O will only improve. My other WR's are Rod Smith, D. Bennett, D. Branch, Housh, M. Jones, D. Henderson and McCareins (won't be retained).At LB I've got Vilma, Farrior, Marshall, Crowder and Polley. I'd much rather deal Farrior but haven't drawn much interest.What method(s) do you guys utilize to evaluate the worth of your top IDP's? What are your feelings on Chambers-Pierce?

chambers pierce is a good deal for you. I think the top 10 LBs are approximately worth the 3rd tier WRs (like stallworth, lelie, mason, muhammad) and the solid RBs who dont have feature back jobs (taylor, moore, perry)

Last offseason, I offered up for trade any of my LBs. I had top-10 guys in Peterson, Spikes, Witherspoon, and Sharper. I didn't get a response.

its hard to imagine a scoring system where chambers for pierce wouldn't be a huge advantage for you...chambers is coming off a breakout year... if he can keep up his last month pace... he is a perennial top 10 WR...

I've also been offered Chris Chambers for Pierce.

What are your feelings on Chambers-Pierce?
:eek: Take it and run!

I guess it may depend on your league, but I have a hard time envisioning many formats that don't make this a steal.

IMHO, Chambers is probably worth about the same as the #1 LB (Vilma) if not slightly more, and Pierce is worth quite a bit less than Vilma.

I'd value Pierce around the same as Drew Bennet / Jerry Porter (#27 WR or so) in most leagues.

chambers is coming off a breakout year... if he can keep up his last month pace...
I feel like I've heard this before with Chambers, so I'm leery of him.Pierce is a wonderful player. That said, I always preferred losing teams LBers and I like the Giants chances of success. I like the idea of trading Pierce but don't wanna jump on Chambers bandwagon. I'd look for another WR

Last offseason, I offered up for trade any of my LBs. I had top-10 guys in Peterson, Spikes, Witherspoon, and Sharper. I didn't get a response.
How important are D players in dynasty leagues lke Zealots?Can you find more gems on D in later rounds as opposed to O positions? Do the stronger teams in Zealots have strong D positions?

just taking a cursory look at three different dynasty leagues i am in, chambers was #9 (among WRs) in all of them... and that is despite a comparitively slow start (first year with saban as HC & linehan as OC, so there may have been feeling out period), & with ferotte at QB... he admittedly may be QB again, though there should be some competition so an upgrade is possible.chambers always had a ton of ability... he has track star speed, monster hops, stickum hands & sideline agility... he has great moves & is like a RB in the open field... when he caught fire down the stretch he attributed it to seeing the field better. MAYBE chambers will regress... but with saban in his second year, same with OL coach hudson hauck, it is at least as likely that OL improves (they also have ronnie brown & maybe ricky williams to keep defenses honest) & chambers puts up similar stats. he doesn't seem like somebody who is in imminent danger of plummetting to the 30s or 40s... he is only about 27-28, so it is possible his best ball is still in front of him.i find it a very dubious proposition that you could get a better WR than chambers for pierce... who is a very good LB (top 10-15 probably, but maybe not top 3-5)... but than i am shocked that chambers would be available?to echo oz... personally, i would RUN, not walk to the keyboard & accept offer before the other party comes to their senses or starts to compare notes with others in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last offseason, I offered up for trade any of my LBs.  I had top-10 guys in Peterson, Spikes, Witherspoon, and Sharper.  I didn't get a response.
How important are D players in dynasty leagues lke Zealots?Can you find more gems on D in later rounds as opposed to O positions? Do the stronger teams in Zealots have strong D positions?
I looked it up for Z22...Start QRRWWWTK + WR Flex + 2 DL + 3 LB + 3 DB (pretty much).

The 3 LBs combined score 16.3% of teams' points.

The 3 DBs combined score 13.7% of teams' points.

The 2 DLs combined score 8% of teams' points.

Looking at each player's average score across the league by position,

Starting LBs score 7.6 points.

Starting WRs score 8.1 points.

Starting RBs score 11.3 points.

Starting QBs score 16.1 points.

Starting TEs score 5.8 points.

Starting PKs score 8.0 points.

Starting DLs score 5.1 points.

Starting DBs score 6.6 points.

http://football16.myfantasyleague.com/2005...ns?L=47585&O=23

As for late-round gems, I don't know if that's a factor, but you can certainly get better IDPs off of waivers than you can at offensive positions. Try finding a useful RB on waivers... but at LB last season I picked up Angelo Crowell, Nick Griesen, and Brandon Moore, all of which were quite useful.

its hard to imagine a scoring system where chambers for pierce wouldn't be a huge advantage for you...

chambers is coming off a breakout year... if he can keep up his last month pace... he is a perennial top 10 WR...
If I extend Pierce's average for the 3 games he missed he finishes the season as the 8th ranked LB in our league. However he still gets outscored by Chambers by 20 points for the season. I think Tick brings up a solid point that finding replacement LB'ers on the waiver wire is much easier too ( I scored well with Polley this year). Looks like I'll propose this and see if it goes through.Thanks for the feedback.

In my dynasty league top shelf LB's should have more value, we're actually deeper than the Zealots leagues - full 11 man IDP.I got offered Cooley for Peterson, as a counter to asking for Chambers, this before Chambers blew up. TE are required, but Peterson was the #31 player averaging 19+ points a game, and we start a full 11 man defense. Gates was #65 overall. Chambers was #85 overall.If you need help at WR and can get Chambers, do the deal. Hang out in the IDP forum and we'll find you a LB. :)

Users who are viewing this thread