What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you “announce” yourself when you are in the stall? (1 Viewer)

Do you “announce” yourself when you are in the stall?

• Yes

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 99 75.6%
  • I never use a public bathroom

Votes: 11 8.4%

• Total voters

Keerock

Footballguy

When you are seated in the stall in a public bathroom, and someone else enters the bathroom, do you do anything to "announce" that you are there?

Clear your throat, cough, flush, whistle, rustle your newspaper/magazine... anything to let them know you're there.

Last edited:
Hell no. I like to be as quiet as possible, then when they think they are alone with privacy and proceed to release their epic turds loudly and violently, only then do I announce my presence with a cough or something and I giggle while they feel that sense of dread and embarrassment.

This primarily applies to my workplace, for me. Because the stalls are fairly private, I like to remain quiet and startle the interloper. If the stalls had big cracks I would announce.

I’ll do a cough / throat clear if someone is approaching the stall I am in

At work I have found 1 private bathroom that I have nicknamed Conference Room #2 so that one is my preferred option

Needing to use the restroom, I stopped at a rest area. I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom & I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Do in' just fine!"

And the other person says:
"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite * end the conversation. I tell them
"No..I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say nervously... "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions

At work, the bathroom is a 1-seater, so this is commonplace. Anywhere else there's no reason if another stall is available.

Not "normally", but there've been times where I've done the courtesy cough or throat-clearing just to make certain they know not to start yankin' on the door. Some people are oblivious to the world around them.

Only time I ever felt it necessary was at a bar our friends owned. For whatever reason that is to this day yet to be explained, the one stall in the men's room had saloon-style doors. So you could walk right up and look in. On the rare occasion I had to go while I was there, I gave a good cough any time the door to the men's room was opened.

Needing to use the restroom, I stopped at a rest area. I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying:
"Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom & I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed,
"Do in' just fine!"

"So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say:
"Uhhh, just traveling!"

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question.
"Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me but I figured I could just be polite * end the conversation. I tell them

Then I hear the person say nervously... "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions

Whoa. (Re-enactment staring Tina as gianmarco)

Last edited:
The only time I announce my presence in a public restroom is if I'm in there and the cleaning crew is trying to come in with a "Housekeeping!" call through the door. Otherwise, I leave it up to the general public to either see my feet, or figure out that stall locked = occupied. That may be a leap of faith in some places, but I haven't had the door kicked in on me yet in 40 years so it's worked out so far.

I try not to poop in public restrooms. If I do, it’s usually because I’m having GI issues, in which case to announce or not announce is the last thing on my mind.

At work, all bathrooms are single-person, so it’s not an issue there.

I have never heard of this before this question to be honest. I poop at work and nobody has ever done this. If they did, I would think they were weird. As I mentioned above, I can see the door closed and your feet - it's occupied. I don't need you announcing it too. Strange.

"Hi, how are you?"

"Do in' just fine!"

"So what are you up to?"

"Uhhh, just traveling!"

"Can I come over?"

Thought this was a Minneapolis airport story.

"Hi, how are you?"

"Do in' just fine!"

"So what are you up to?"

"Uhhh, just traveling!"

"Can I come over?"

next poll for for What's normal:

Do you have a 'wide stance'?

This seems bizarre to me.

ETA: like, maybe if the lock on the stall door was broken, and I'm holding the door shut with my foot while evacuating, a firm, loud "OCCUPADO" may seem appropriate, but otherwise I dont get why anyone would do this.
Agree, but not as bizarre as the 10% who avoid using public restrooms altogether.

Can bowel movements be timed that precisely?

"Hi, how are you?"

"Do in' just fine!"

"So what are you up to?"

"Uhhh, just traveling!"

"Can I come over?"

next poll for for What's normal:

Do you have a 'wide stance'?
Fold or Wad the tp?

Status update: currently sitting quietly in the non-handicapped stall to relieve myself after lunch whereby I had a bag of chips with my meal and polished off the crumbs.

ETA: tp was folded for use.
Did you stand back up to pee?

"Hi, how are you?"

"Do in' just fine!"

"So what are you up to?"

"Uhhh, just traveling!"

"Can I come over?"

I can only remember 1 time where I had a real phone conversation in a men's room. If I answer it's just to say, "I'll call you right back."
I've heard others have conversations there, but I think it's weird.

Users who are viewing this thread