What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you brush your teeth with cold or warm/hot water? (1 Viewer)

Do you brush your teeth with cold or warm/hot water?

• Warm/Hot

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Cold

Votes: 105 87.5%

• Total voters
I instinctively always use hot in the bathroom. I chuckle to myself sometimes, because I'm not one of those leave the water on types, so the water doesn't get warm until rinse time.

Where's the "who cares what temperature it is" option?
It's up your hoo-ha
So let me be more specific for those of you who like to be argumentative. Do you turn on the cold water (typically the right faucet handle on your sink... the one NOT hooked up to your hot water heater) or the hot water (left faucet connected to hot water heater) when brushing your teeth? Does that help?

I heard you should brush your teeth with a bottle of jack...which is typically room temp. I don't see room temp listed in your poll, thus it is invalid.

How much water are you guys using?
I wet the brush with cold, but that's it. I don't use/consume any water as I'm brushing my teeth.
After I'm done I rinse the brush off.
Not a lot. Wet brush with cold... add toothpaste... wet again... turn off water... brush... rinse brush with cold... rinse mouth with cold.

How much water are you guys using?
I wet the brush with cold, but that's it. I don't use/consume any water as I'm brushing my teeth.
After I'm done I rinse the brush off.
Thank you. There's no way the hot water turned on would get hot enough in the few seconds it's on to matter. However, if it had been recently used and came out hot, I wouldn't care either. I mean, I can't even tell the temperature on the toothbrush since it's such a minimal amount. I might even turn on both faucets with reckless abandon.

Last edited:
I should add that I brush once daily in the shower, so that's technically going to be hot water.

So, considering I use cold from my sink in the morning, I need an option for both.

And I still don't care.

I’m one of those, let the water run for 15-30 seconds before using so it’s a little warm.

Wet my brush and toothpaste

Turn off the water

You know the rest.

Cold. Hmm, never considered this. I run a quick splash on the brush before so it's cold. Never considered using warm.

Cold water on the toothbrush, warm water rinse. We have a well and the cold is pretty cold. It's quite a wake up when using the bidet.

Cold. Hmm, never considered this. I run a quick splash on the brush before so it's cold. Never considered using warm.
This. I don't have time to wait until the water gets warm anyways. I usually brush my teeth right before leaving for the day and generally short on time as it is. Never even considered anything but whatever comes out of the faucet.

Maybe it's because I've always lived in areas with hard water, but warm/hot tap water is gross. I'd never use it on purpose. That said, if the water comes out warm because hot water was just used for shaving or whatever, I'll still use it because I'm not going to waste water and wait for it to cool down.

I can see how someone with well water might want to warm it up, though - that can be cold enough to be a little painful.

I'm a teethbrusing two-tapper - once to rinse brush before applying toothpaste, and a second time to coat the toothpaste after it's applied to the toothbrush (2-seconds and a split-second, respectively). It never even crossed my mind to use hot water.

I hope you heathens don't let the faucet run the entire time
I'm a cold guy.

This, this is a thing too. I hate the sound of the water running while I brush.
I won't go too far in the weeds but on average you use 4 gallons of water if you leave it running every time you brush. I'm not someone who overly worried about these things but I feel like that's one easy thing I can do to not be wasteful

I agree there's no need to waste water.

Whatever temperature the water in the toilet is depending on the time of year

The right/cold water sink knob is leaky so I use the left knob. The left knob is for hot water but for the 3 seconds it takes to fill my rinse cup, the water is still cold. So I voted warm/hot because my hoo-ha is still sore from last night.

Don't care about what I wet the brush with to begin, but need lukewarm for the rinse. My poor teef are sensitive that way.

Voted cold. Instinctively turn the left handle, but only to wet the toothpaste real quick and then again rinse the brush and a quick handful of water to rinse. Never gets a chance to even get warm.

I should add that I brush once daily in the shower, so that's technically going to be hot water.

So, considering I use cold from my sink in the morning, I need an option for both.

And I still don't care.
Yeah, I'm similar. Sometimes I brush in the shower and other times I don't. If it's not in the shower, I use cold water.

It's up your hoo-ha
So let me be more specific for those of you who like to be argumentative. Do you turn on the cold water (typically the right faucet handle on your sink... the one NOT hooked up to your hot water heater) or the hot water (left faucet connected to hot water heater) when brushing your teeth? Does that help?
Wait, I only have one faucet to turn the water on. There is no left faucet handle and right faucet handle. Now how do I answer?

(I use cold water)

It's up your hoo-ha
Wait, I only have one faucet to turn the water on. There is no left faucet handle and right faucet handle. Now how do I answer?

(I use cold water)
I know you're joking, but FFS

I use a toothbrush.
I put toothpaste on mine for maximum effect.

Voted cold, as I use the right tap. Although I frequently brush my teeth in the shower so I guess I do both, but for the spirit of the question, I approach the sink to brush teeth, and reach for the cold knob.

Is there a benefit to hot? Maybe hot folks have instant hot water but mine ain't so why wait?
Sensitive teeth, maybe??

Way back when this was asked the first time a few years ago, it had never dawned on me that anyone would even consider using warm water.

I’m still not convinced there shouldn’t be some sort of ordinance against it.

I don't think I've ever given it a thought. We're taking like a literal second of running water so isn't the temp just going to be comparable to like the ground temp (or however that works)?

Users who are viewing this thread