What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you usually brush your teeth or bathe/shower first? (1 Viewer)

When "getting ready", which do you usually do first... brush your teeth or shower/bathe?

• Brush Teeth

Votes: 53 36.1%
  • Shower/Bathe

Votes: 84 57.1%
  • I Brush My Teeth in the Shower

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters
In the mornings I almost always brush in the shower.

Let the dog and myself out to pee
Coffee
Workout
Shake or eat
Floss
Pointy sonic toothbrush
Regular toothbrush in the shower
Listerine

Last edited:
My morning routine and order is pretty set:

1. Defecate
2. Shower
3. Shave (if necessary - I generally don't have to shave daily but 2-3x/week)
4. Dress
5. Brush teeth and, if time, floss

No morning routine, I cannot even vote on this. Probably 50/50 on whether i shower or brush my teeth first.

Brush in shower in evening. Dragging all the stuff you picked up along the day into bed with you is not optimal.

Morning shower much shorter, but brush there as well, and shave as well if needed that day.

Waterproof electric brush and hair clippers are some of my favorite things

Most mornings when I’m working from home:
1. Make coffee while taking the dogs out
2. Drink coffee and eat banana while checking email / FBG / other social media
3. Defecate while reading non fiction (go hard 75!)
4. Get ready to run or gym/pool. (Brush teeth)
5. Run/gym/pool
6. Start work while eating something.
7. brush teeth again and shower

Let dogs out
coffee
coffee
Brush teeth
Shower
mouthwash and while that’s swishing around, deodorant, etc.

My routine is... wake up naked, cold glass of milk, check my watch, sit and pee, change the tire on my american made vehicle, go to my annual physical, glass of wine, eat lunch while watching tv, ketchup back in the fridge, fold my jeans, BRUSH MY TEETH, sex on a plane, untie and remove shoes, crispy bacon, multi-vitamin, church.

I brush my teeth as I'm getting into the shower, while standing in it waiting on the water to warm up. That's usually when I pee as well, unless I woke up solely because the tank full alarm was blaring and couldn't wait long enough to apply toothpaste to brush first.

Costanza: "IT'S ALL PIPES"

I will answer for my in-office days, since those are the days when I shower the earliest.

Shower first, as I want the last thing I do before hitting the road is brushing my teeth.

Always teeth or then when I come out of the shower I still feel partly unclean and I don’t like that.

Typically brush first and then mouthwash that I keep in my mouth to swish around after I’m first in the shower. But I change things up now that I’m WFH most days - I don’t have any routine any more which is good and bad.

I usually brush my teeth in the shower, but also do it in the morning and before bed, obviously outside the shower.

I'm teeth first. I usually brush, drink coffee, walk dog, brush again, shower. :shrug:

5. Run/gym/pool

Wait, people brush their teeth twice in the morning?

First thing I do in the morning after taking a leak is brush my teeth. Can't drink coffee or eat with morning mouth.

Then it's make coffee, pound a pint of water with electrolytes, morning constitutional, and walk the dog while drinking coffee. A couple-few times a week I'll go for a run, 4-5 times a week I'll eat breakfast. Then fit a shower in around morning work depending on zoom meeting schedule.

I will use a water flosser after breakfast if I have granola or peanut butter or something that can get stuck in the choppers.

I'm teeth first. I usually brush, drink coffee, walk dog, brush again, shower. :shrug:

5. Run/gym/pool

First thing I do in the morning after taking a leak is brush my teeth. Can't drink coffee or eat with morning mouth.

Then it's make coffee, pound a pint of water with electrolytes, morning constitutional, and walk the dog while drinking coffee. A couple-few times a week I'll go for a run, 4-5 times a week I'll eat breakfast. Then fit a shower in around morning work depending on zoom meeting schedule.

I will use a water flosser after breakfast if I have granola or peanut butter or something that can get stuck in the choppers.
Gotta brush after coffee... that's why I do it twice in the morning

5. Run/gym/pool

Gotta brush after coffee... that's why I do it twice in the morning
👍🏽 to be fair, by the time I brush the second time it’s been like 4 hours.

I will sometimes brush my teeth, rinse with mouthwash and then brush a 2nd time. Especially if I floss - which I don't often enough.

I brush right before I head out, after everything- especially eating and coffee- is done.

Eta... My dad taught me this and he was a dentist. So this is the correct answer.

Purely a mouth wash guy in morning. I brush before bed so don't see the need to in morning. Then I brush again after lunch. I do mouth wash right when I get up bc I read it's better to do before coffee instead of after.

Users who are viewing this thread