What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you purposely listen to Christmas/Holiday music? (1 Viewer)

Do you purposely listen to Christmas/Holiday music?

• Yes - While Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!

Votes: 79 56.4%
  • No - Bah Humbug

Votes: 61 43.6%

• Total voters
I like the novelty of putting it on after Thanksgiving, through Christmas. I have a good collection of Christmas records at this point that I only play during that timeframe.

Year round? Yikes

:yes: A decent variety I think.

Mainstays include the John Denver muppets, peanuts, barenaked for the holidays (BNL), Jimmy Buffett and Lindsey Stirling’s Christmas albums.

Well, I’m in the Christmas music draft that’s going on, so “yes” for this year.

Normally me “purposely” putting on Christmas music is limited to Christmas Eve and Day.

Not like I used to. Back in the time of CDs, I had probably 100-150 different Christmas albums and would make burned CD mixtapes for family and friends every year. And Christmas music was played starting on Black Friday if not Thanksgiving evening.

Now a days, I make sure I get a couple of vinyl spins of Christmas Eve and Other Stories by TSO, Barenaked For The Holidays by BNL, A She & Him Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas and then a couple of new ones to get in the spirit that last week before Christmas.

I went with "yes," but in rare circumstances...
(1). When I'm doing something Christmas-y like at a Christmas party or taking a tour of the neighborhood with the family to look at lights.
(2). On Christmas Eve, I listen to Handel's Messiah at least once.

I rarely put on music of any kind and Christmas time is no different. I am not opposed to it (or any kind of music) but it's just not something I go out of my way to put on. In the car I typically listen to podcasts and never just sit around listening to music while at home. If we have friends over to play cards then we will put on something for background noise but that's about it. I am rarely in charge of what get puts on.

Last edited:
My daughter is in dance, jazz, ballet, tap, etc. various dance classes and their December recital is all set to Christmas music so around Thanksgiving I start hearing it as she's playing it and practicing her choreography and everything. Then there's TV commercials, retail stores playing it, etc. so I get plenty enough exposure to it. I don't think I've ever thought "I want to listen to Christmas music" and then put it on - I like it just fine, but I get enough of it already so no need to play it myself.

**** no. It's already inescapable when you're out and about and if you are watching anything with commercials. I sure don't need to add more to the mix.

I would say most years yes. This year I am hyperfocused on my audiobooks; since about Halloween I've been listening to naught else but Audible in the car.

"Yes, as Jesus intended"

-- @ChiefD
Little known fact, Jesus actually wrote the lyrics to "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" Being the Son of God and all, he knew a great song was needed to start a tradition of celebrating His birthday with a bang. Or a bam, and a couple of thump thumps. Anyhoo, thus ends today's history lesson.

Yes, because of the wife only. If I was single, the answer would be bah humbug. As mentioned above, I do like the Pentatonix.

"Yes, as Jesus intended"

-- @ChiefD
Little known fact, Jesus actually wrote the lyrics to "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" Being the Son of God and all, he knew a great song was needed to start a tradition of celebrating His birthday with a bang. Or a bam, and a couple of thump thumps. Anyhoo, thus ends today's history lesson.
You forgot “take that to the bank broJesus”

My daughters were in a big local production (Miami City Ballet) of George Balanchine's The Nutcracker ballet for 3 years. There were lots of children roles, including angels and soldiers. When the angels came out, the audience would ooh and ah. I still love the music by Tchaikovsky and can recall well how it integrated with the dancers. I'm sure having the experience of watching my daughters has made me appreciate it more. The Nutcracker is a money-maker for many ballets - the Miami City Ballet performs it 5 times each in WPB and Broward and 13 times in Miami. It's almost sold out - proof of its popularity as a holiday tradition.

Here is a complete tracklist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUzDMesbgfE

Users who are viewing this thread