What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you usually host a non-family Christmas party? (1 Viewer)

Do you usually host a non-family Christmas party?

• Yes

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 92.6%

• Total voters
Eff no. We don't even host family. My brother-in-law doesn't count because he lives with us. Neither my wife nor I are big on social events and we rarely have people over.

We did this year for first time with friends. It was a holiday cookie exchange where we did Yankee Swap and everyone brought an appetizer. Great times!

We do a massive Christmas Eve party. 40-50+ people but mostly family. Starts around 3, Santa comes at midnight and brings a bag of toys for the little ones and does a few customary shots of Jamison or tequila (depending on which side of the family plays Santa that year).

I’m actually looking forward to donning the suit when we have grandkids.

Voted no.

Nope. Used to have family over when kids were young. We had the youngest kids so everyone came here for Christmas morning. Wasn't really a party as much as just hanging out for Christmas Eve and Day. Now that kids are all grown we just kind of hang out and anybody that wants to come over is invited but it's not an official party.

We go to a bunch of holiday parties. 8 thus far and 3 more to go. We are horrendous social planners so no way in hell could we host one. People in our hood do it right. Some people must be spending $15K plus on food alone.

We have a group of close friends we ge together with each Christmas - rotate hosting and this isn’t our year. Food and holiday beers and cocktails. Good times.

No, and try to avoid as many holiday parties as possible. This year, whittled it down to a single episode of “mandatory fun”.

Users who are viewing this thread