What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you regularly 'ride' your shopping cart from the store out to your car? (1 Viewer)

Do you regularly 'ride' your shopping cart from the store out to your car?

• Yes

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 94 74.0%

• Total voters
This is a thing?
So you're going to tell me you've never seen anyone ride their cart?
I'm not going to say "never" ... but it's incredibly rare to see someone ride their cart at the stores around me. Mileage obviously varies.

Local topography might be a factor. Every single parking lot around here, without exception, is pancake flat. I guess you could ride your cart from the store to your car ... but you'd be doing a heckuva lot of work to keep it moving. There's no riding the cart downhill around here. It would be like riding a heavy, awkward skateboard.

This is a thing?
I'm not going to say "never" ... but it's incredibly rare to see someone ride their cart at the stores around me. Mileage obviously varies.

Local topography might be a factor. Every single parking lot around here, without exception, is pancake flat. I guess you could ride your cart from the store to your car ... but you'd be doing a heckuva lot of work to keep it moving. There's no riding the cart downhill around here. It would be like riding a heavy, awkward skateboard.
Ditto, I live in South Jersey, which is extremely flat. If I have seen it, I don't remember.

This is a thing?

Ditto, I live in South Jersey, which is extremely flat. If I have seen it, I don't remember.
What does flat have to do with anything? You can ride a scooter on flat or hilly... this is no difference

Only when I get one of the flat carts from Home Depot. Then it really is an awkward large skateboard or razor scooter.

This is a thing?

What does flat have to do with anything? You can ride a scooter on flat or hilly... this is no difference

GET OFF THEIR LAWWWWWN!!!!

Seems like it would be hard to keep a cart moving over flat concrete. Also, for me personally my weight is a factor -- I'm built like a retired offensive lineman with a beer gut. I play around on the back of a shopping cart, that sucker's going to buck way up. It won't be a smooth ride anywhere.

I do this every time ... although I don't actually put my feet on it.
I pop up, lock my arms, and coast towards the car. Might need to scoot once or twice to correct direction and increase speed.
This is what I do …push off with one foot, coast along in my suspended state, give another push, repeat. I even do this in Costco to get past all the prelim displays.

I used to all the time. But I am way too old now and unless there enough stuff to counterbalance my weight at the back of the cart... well you get the idea. I will be trying this again though next chance I get.

Is this a meme/joke that I am missing or does 25% of the FFA really "ride their cart" in the parking lot like they are a teenager?

Given how fat and injured most here claim to be (most recently in the pull up thread) I find this hard to believe.

I will have to give it a try next time I go to the store, maybe this is another example of the tuck your shirt into your underpants thread, aka don't knock it til you tried it.

Is this a meme/joke that I am missing or does 25% of the FFA really "ride their cart" in the parking lot like they are a teenager?

Given how fat and injured most here claim to be (most recently in the pull up thread) I find this hard to believe.

I will have to give it a try next time I go to the store, maybe this is another example of the tuck your shirt into your underpants thread, aka don't knock it til you tried it.
Geez. Look at this grumpster. Let us old fat guys have a little damn joy in our lives.

Last edited:
Only when I get one of the flat carts from Home Depot. Then it really is an awkward large skateboard or razor scooter.
Fixed wheels, sure. But 4 turnable wheels on a flat is just chaos. I can barely stop those from hitting things with my feet on the ground.

You're something else.

I live in the land of broken carts. Maybe next time I hit target I'll bring some wd40 along and try again.

Maybe we got fat and injured by riding carts in the parking lot.

I think I’m too defensive in parking lots to attempt this. Too many cars not paying attention, and try to back out with someone walking behind them. So, I’ve got two feet on the ground, eyes searching around and ready to move in any direction, like I’ve got a sniper on my tail.

Once in a while. Usually only the last 50 feet or so when I know I'm not gonna a get hit by a car.

I turned 60 a week ago. There's no stopping me! But no ****ing way I tuck my shirt into my undies.

I turned 60 a week ago. There's no stopping me! But no ****ing way I tuck my shirt into my undies.
Anyone who still calls them “undies” gets a pass…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread