What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the fascination with Eric Berry? (1 Viewer)

DiStefano

Footballguy
IIRC, last year FBG';s rated him as the #1 defensive back. Well, 73 solos, 13 assists, 10 PD, and 1 Int, didn't even make the top 40 in our league. Yet, here we go again, with him being the consensus #2 in FBG rankings. Are the FBG's dating his sister? Except for Jene. He's got him #7.

:shrug:

FantasyPros, which is a composite ranking of industry "experts" (including Norton and Haseley from FBGs), has Berry as the 2nd ranked DB.

As a rookie he was one of the top DBs in the league. Last year he was recovering from a torn ACL and didn't return to form until the last few games of the season. Also, there have been rumors of him playing LB in some nickel/dime packages. Lots of potential.

As a Berry owner. I've been asking myself this question the past couple of weeks. His numbers are ok, but not really that elite, and he seems to have quite a low tackle floor and is very reliant on big plays to get his numbers to elite fantasy level. It just seems like this guy is nothing special for IDP.

Could have something to do with the fact that they are 5-0. Less tackles opportunities are out there for winning teams. Especially teams that run the ball. I know what you mean he does seem to be riding the rookie year hype train. I trust him in my line up because he is a playmaking in the box safety.

he has two favorable matchups with Denver, he exploded against Philadelphia 5-0-0 INT for a TD, he's an every week starter just based on big play capability.

Could have something to do with the fact that they are 5-0. Less tackles opportunities are out there for winning teams. Especially teams that run the ball. I know what you mean he does seem to be riding the rookie year hype train. I trust him in my line up because he is a playmaking in the box safety.
I agree. Conservative offense leads to less need for opponents to play from behind and be super aggressive. In turn, the entire DST has fewer opportunities. Watching him play, you can see he is everywhere the ball is and is always in position to make a big play. I don't recall which game(s) it was but he's had a few turnovers overturned and/or dropped. He is a solid, reliable start with the ability to make a big difference like he did against Philly.

Users who are viewing this thread