What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the NFL's strategy for 4:00 games? (1 Viewer)

And speaking of that coverage map, what's the deal with Iowa being the only spot east of Arizona getting the 49ers/Cards game?

Is it the Iowa/Kittle love?
Purdy also, he’s from Iowa St.
Kudos to the Fox stations in Iowa (or whoever makes that call).

If Deebo and Aiuyk are out/banged up, the good folks in Iowa could be treated to a Purdy/Kittle fireworks show.

Even if the game itself isn't that intriguing, they would probably enjoy that more than Cowboys/Pats.

Either way it's always nice to see a station stand up to the man, and say screw it we don't have to show the Cowboys if we don't want to!

Nine one o'clocks and only three at 4pm. As mentioned that buffalo/miami game would be better there. Instead you have the Rams playing at ten their time.

The morning/afternoon split is an annual complaint. I am sure the NFL has heard it for years. I doubt they ignore it because they don't care (they don't but that isn't why); more likely this is somehow the model that generates the most revenue.

The morning/afternoon split is an annual complaint. I am sure the NFL has heard it for years. I doubt they ignore it because they don't care (they don't but that isn't why); more likely this is somehow the model that generates the most revenue.
That must be it. I just thought that it would also help out RedZone which they own if they gave them 4-5 games in the later slot.

That must be it. I just thought that it would also help out RedZone which they own if they gave them 4-5 games in the later slot.
Absolutely. It seems obvious from our end.

It's probably easy to look up total viewership numbers but I would guess the early game audience is much bigger so they can divide it among more games and keep sponsors happy. In the afternoon they probably need to concentrate a smaller number of viewers to one game to keep the sponsorship views high enough to make sponsors happy.

Just a guess and I probably didn't articulate that as well as I could but I think you get the gist.

I think it's three blind monkeys throwing darts at a map.
And I'll bet they're well paid monkeys too.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Dallas game last week. Looking forward to them taking it on the chin again today. I can't think of anything more entertaining.

And speaking of that coverage map, what's the deal with Iowa being the only spot east of Arizona getting the 49ers/Cards game?

Is it the Iowa/Kittle love?
Purdy also, he’s from Iowa St.
Kudos to the Fox stations in Iowa (or whoever makes that call).

If Deebo and Aiuyk are out/banged up, the good folks in Iowa could be treated to a Purdy/Kittle fireworks show.

Even if the game itself isn't that intriguing, they would probably enjoy that more than Cowboys/Pats.

Either way it's always nice to see a station stand up to the man, and say screw it we don't have to show the Cowboys if we don't want to!
I remember back in the day, South Bend used to show the 4 PM Seattle games when Rick Mirer was a rookie. Local affiliates do have some say in this.

Users who are viewing this thread