What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where are Zeke and Melvin Gordon going in your drafts? (1 Viewer)

I went through the whole Zeke suspension thing and was still pissed  and didn't want him...so I took Damien Williams in round 3 with Zeke going 2 picks later.👿 . I drafted Gordon in  the 6th

14 team redraft. Zeke went 4th overall and Gordon went 3.12

Surprised Zeke would fall into the 3rd round in any league. Talk about a league winner. 

Drafted last Saturday for my main league- classic old timers league where we meet in person, get drunk, eat, etc. Some of them are sharp but there are some donkeys as well. Zeke went 4th (it is standard scoring) and he said it was the plight of having 4 this year, just have to plug your nose and jump in because Zeke has such a big upside. Another guy (biggest donk) took Gordon at 9. The place went silent when he made it, we could not believe it. After he picked, we confirmed to make sure he knew Gordon was holding out. He had this crazy theory that it was good Gordon was holding out because he always gets hurt around week 13. So if he takes 4 weeks of preseason off and maybe 2 or 3 games of the season off, he will be healthy down the stretch and healthy Melvin Gordon is as good as it gets for fantasy. 
I've got a long running live draft league(with a fairly hefty buy-in) where a couple guys routinely draft players they want many rounds before they would need to.  Not the whole draft, but like what you are describing..........I mean a round or two before you need to, to assure you get him, is one thing, but when the player is assured to be there for many rounds, and you draft him??  It always blows my mind, and it always seems to happen.....money in the pot!

Zeke went 6th and Gordan went 5.7

Both of their back ups went in the 7th and not to the Zeke and Gordan owners 

I went through the whole Zeke suspension thing and was still pissed  and didn't want him...so I took Damien Williams in round 3 with Zeke going 2 picks later.👿 . I drafted Gordon in  the 6th
Dayummm - I would've had to snag Zeke in the 3rd.

Had two drafts so far. One this past Sunday and one this past Monday. Both 12 team ppr. First is 6 points for passing TD second is 4.

Sunday draft Zeke went 8th and Gordon went 7.5.

Monday Zeke went 2nd and Gordon went 2.7 😲

Don't know the guys who made the picks in the Monday draft but the Sunday Zeke drafter probably went straight by cbs rankings and Gordon drafter is usually good but after the draft said he hated his whole team.

Onto my rosters 😀

Seriously: I took Zeke at 1.6 last Tuesday and got Gordon at 3.6.

I think both are worth the risk and even if one showed up for week 1, I’m fine. When both are back, I think aggressive moves like that are league winners. Could be wrong, but would rather go out guns blazing. 

2QB, PPR league, live draft last night: Zeke 17th overall, 15th non-QB. Gordon 70th overall, 53rd non-QB.

Latest I've personally witnessed both go, by a significant amount.

Onto my rosters 😀

Seriously: I took Zeke at 1.6 last Tuesday and got Gordon at 3.6.

I think both are worth the risk and even if one showed up for week 1, I’m fine. When both are back, I think aggressive moves like that are league winners. Could be wrong, but would rather go out guns blazing. 
Wow maybe that works out but man that's just too much risk no matter how you slice it.

Drafting 5th in a couple hours, leaning towards taking Zeke 
I draft 5th on Tuesday night an am resigned to take Zeke there if he doesn’t go 4th. 

I'm half-hoping he doesn’t get signed in the next 2 days so he does fall to me #cafefulWhatYouWishFor

Have a draft on Wed.  Hoping we have news that he is signed by then.  It's a keep 1 league, so there are already 10 off the board.  Can't keep the same player 2 years in a row, so he's available.  Guy at #1 has said he is taking Kamara.  I'm at #2 and am debating between Zeke and Hopkins.  If he's signed, I'll take Zeke.  If he's still unsigned, I think I'm going to take Hopkins.  

1.06 & 5.01 in 12T PPR last night 

I got Ekeler in 6th. Pollard undrafted (16rds) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow maybe that works out but man that's just too much risk no matter how you slice it.
I should have clarified that I had two keepers as well and one was Conner, hence the aggression. 

But, overall I tend to reject the notion about playing it safe first round. I’m confident in building a core in the middle rounds to be more aggressive up front. 

Nearly every year there’s some major value guy with a big ? surrounding him. A few years ago it was Zeke and I had him then too. Last year a guy named Saquon had some nervous because he was a rookie and on the Giants. We had people nervous about McCaffrey too because of his size. 

Id rather regret being bold than be staring up at the team who took those chances. 

I should have clarified that I had two keepers as well and one was Conner, hence the aggression. 

But, overall I tend to reject the notion about playing it safe first round. I’m confident in building a core in the middle rounds to be more aggressive up front. 

Nearly every year there’s some major value guy with a big ? surrounding him. A few years ago it was Zeke and I had him then too. Last year a guy named Saquon had some nervous because he was a rookie and on the Giants. We had people nervous about McCaffrey too because of his size. 

Id rather regret being bold than be staring up at the team who took those chances. 
I wouldn’t have taken both. 

In my 12 team half ppr league, Zeke went 2.04 and I took Gordon at 3.12. I missed out on Ekeler but my other backs are Barkley, Mixon and Murray. Figured it was worth the risk.

Draft was on 8/31. 

You were gifted zeke in the 3rd round and took Damien f’ing williams over him.

GL.  🤣

Drafted last Saturday for my main league- classic old timers league where we meet in person, get drunk, eat, etc. Some of them are sharp but there are some donkeys as well. Zeke went 4th (it is standard scoring) and he said it was the plight of having 4 this year, just have to plug your nose and jump in because Zeke has such a big upside. Another guy (biggest donk) took Gordon at 9. The place went silent when he made it, we could not believe it. After he picked, we confirmed to make sure he knew Gordon was holding out. He had this crazy theory that it was good Gordon was holding out because he always gets hurt around week 13. So if he takes 4 weeks of preseason off and maybe 2 or 3 games of the season off, he will be healthy down the stretch and healthy Melvin Gordon is as good as it gets for fantasy. 
Please tell me this is a made up story. This cannot be real 

Zeke went 1.2 and Gordon went 6.2 in a twelve-team league in a draft I was doing last night. Breida went 5.2, for perspective. 

Zeke went 5th overall and Gordon went in the 4th. The owner already had a stable of RB1’s so took the risk. Surprised he went that high tbh. 

In a league that drafted almost a month ago, we ended up with Gordon (long story). We have offered him up in trades to pretty much every owner in the league the last two weeks and he is toxic. No one wants him. As in people are only countering with WR's in the 50-60 range or handcuff RB's. Can only hold on to him and hope he comes back soon at this point.

In a league that drafted almost a month ago, we ended up with Gordon (long story). We have offered him up in trades to pretty much every owner in the league the last two weeks and he is toxic. No one wants him. As in people are only countering with WR's in the 50-60 range or handcuff RB's. Can only hold on to him and hope he comes back soon at this point.
Ya coulda linked to the topic.  :drive:

Someone needs to change their handle to “CalmRespectful99”.

:lol:  
That thread went from a one time desire to vent to now being a rallying call to all fantasy owners that have ever been victimized. It's like a # me too of fantasy football. I am waiting for someone to post "show me on the doll where the commish touched you." It's nice that people want to chime in and contribute ideas, but the cause certainly has gone semi-viral. None of that was my intent, however.

Had been leaning to taking Zeke at 4 now leaning the other way as starting to feel it's not worth the risk there. It's a real bummer b/c w/o the holdout 4 would be a great spot to pick but now it feels like the worst.

Had been leaning to taking Zeke at 4 now leaning the other way as starting to feel it's not worth the risk there. It's a real bummer b/c w/o the holdout 4 would be a great spot to pick but now it feels like the worst.
Not if you’re slick enough to get Hopkins then Chubb/Cook/Evans/Hill/best available on the way back.  :shrug:

i still love the 4-spot. 

That thread went from a one time desire to vent to now being a rallying call to all fantasy owners that have ever been victimized. It's like a # me too of fantasy football. I am waiting for someone to post "show me on the doll where the commish touched you." It's nice that people want to chime in and contribute ideas, but the cause certainly has gone semi-viral. None of that was my intent, however.
Let’s salute visionaries like The Lone Star who were among the first brave souls to blow the whistle on this sort of commissioner malfeasance.  It destroyed his forum reputation, but may have paved the way for victims like Anarchy99’s wee son to finally come forward and seek justice!

I just did an FFPC main event draft and took DJ at 1.04. Zeke went 1.06 and Gordon 4.03

My draft last night in the FFPC main.  I passed on Zeke at 1.04.  He went 1.05.

ETA:  I took Tony Pollard just before the Zeke owner in the 9th.  Could say I went all in on Zeke missing time.

I'm only in auctions this year (two leagues), but Zeke went for mid to high 40's  out of $200 and Gordon went for $38 and $41. Truthfully,  I was shocked for how much Gordon went for. Both times were RB hungry teams shooting for the moon and getting carried away. 

Users who are viewing this thread