What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where Do You Rank D Foster for 2006? (1 Viewer)

Where Do You Rank D Foster for 2006?

• RB1-RB10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RB11-RB15

• RB16-RB20

• RB21-RB25

• RB26-RB30

• RB31-RB35

• He sucks

• Total voters

Islander

Footballguy
I am assuming Foster's value is at its highest today. I am curious to see where you guys see him for 2006. Assume you had your 2006 draft today - so there is some uncertainty if he will be back in Carolina and there is uncertainty about who the other Panthers' RBs will be.

The same place I have ranked him every other season when he showed 1-2 games of promise followed by a bunch of clunkers and time missed due to injury. Unless I get him for incredibly good value, I avoid at all costs.

The same place I have ranked him every other season when he showed 1-2 games of promise followed by a bunch of clunkers and time missed due to injury. Unless I get him for incredibly good value, I avoid at all costs.
He didn't miss time due to injury this year. He was the backup outperforming the starter for the first half of the year, and in his 7 starts including today he had 711 rushing yards and a little more than 100 receiving yards. In those 7 starts, he's averaged 4.77 yards per carry and around 23 total touches per game. He broke 80 yards of total offense in every game but the one against Tampa Bay when he only got 15 touches and was crushed by a huge hit to his shoulder. A lot of his inconsistencies are related to a struggling OL, but he looks awesome running the ball.

I rank him in the 16-20 range right now, but his value goes up if he's signed with little competition in Carolina.

16-20. If I was convinced Shelton wouldn't steal goalline carries, I might throw him in the 11-15 range. (Though he'd get snatched up before I took him) Foster still has to be resigned and we've got to see Shelton next preseason.

Foster did miss a game this year (although he was far from going on IR again). I am not convinced he will be back in Carolina, so I can't answer.

I have always been a supporter of D.Foster. I have always said if he could stay healthy for longer than five minutes, he would be a star, top 5 in my opinion. He reminds me of a stronger Marshall Faulk but he just never stays healthy.

I have always been a supporter of D.Foster. I have always said if he could stay healthy for longer than five minutes, he would be a star, top 5 in my opinion. He reminds me of a stronger Marshall Faulk but he just never stays healthy.
stronger marshall faulk.....i think weaker marshal faulk might be more like it. Marshall's leg power is great - a good short yardage back - Foster is not.

stronger marshall faulk.....i think weaker marshal faulk might be more like it. Marshall's leg power is great - a good short yardage back - Foster is not.
I don't know, I dont agree. Almost every running back has unreal leg power. Foster can pound the ball too, he just didn't get that many opportunities because you can't pound the ball from IR.........not to mention the whole Steven Davis thing.....

i like foster, too...but i don't see the resemblance with faulk... he doesn't have the quickness, open field elusiveness & nose for goal line like faulk... & faulk might be best receiving RB in NFL history...

foster runs more upright than faulk & is more subject to kill shots...

he does have pretty nifty feet & some wiggle (see long TD 1-2 games ago where he reversed field & outran everybody)...

he does have deceptive speed...

i think he ran like a 10.6 as a prep... no way he is that fast now... but he is still pretty fast.

robert smith & fred taylor were "injury prone", too at one time until they weren't anymore... sometimes a checkered medical history is "just the breaks" (pun intended)... :)

he can crack the top 15 if re-signed with CAR & he stays healthy (admittedly that is a few ifs... with one of them potentially a big one)...

Last edited by a moderator:
It would make sense for him to stay in CAR, no?
It makes sense, but earlier this season Foster turned down several offers from the Panthers. They may not want to pay him what he thinks he's worth. There are a lot of potential free agent RB this year, as well as guys in the draft to choose from. Of all 32 teams, Carolina seems like the most likely destination, but hwo knows at this point if they are still far apart in their negotiations.

It would make sense for him to stay in CAR, no?
It makes sense, but earlier this season Foster turned down several offers from the Panthers. They may not want to pay him what he thinks he's worth. There are a lot of potential free agent RB this year, as well as guys in the draft to choose from. Of all 32 teams, Carolina seems like the most likely destination, but hwo knows at this point if they are still far apart in their negotiations.

If Carolina can land a more dependable back - I think they let Foster walk.

In a best case scenario (stays healthy all year on a good offensive team that runs the ball enough), I see him as a RB12 or so.Good enough to be FF productive, not good enough to not be replaced in the NFL.

If my league awarded points for "number of spin moves made on a run" I'd be set. That said I'd take him 11-15 next year assuming he's the #1. Carolina RBs have produced recently (Davis, Goings, Foster, even Hoover last year) and Foster just may be the most talented of all of them

Boy, I would be thrilled if this poll is reflective of my leaguemates!Foster (like Tatum Bell and Michael Bennett) has too many holes in his game to finish as a Top 10-12 back. A perennial underachieving tease that will never be on my roster but will help ruin an opponent's season due to his unreasonably high draft status.Winning at FF is about avoiding busts and Foster's middle name should be bust.

Unless I get him for incredibly good value, I avoid at all costs.
:yes: Too injury prone for my tastes. I only select DeShaun Foster if he becomes an extreme value pick.

Users who are viewing this thread