What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where in the world are the middle-aged dummies? Worldwide top 31 song countdown. (5 Viewers)

Updated Artist Rankings...can anyone catch Queen?

No. IMO it was obvious from the start of this that Queen would finish with the most points. Plenty of ground to cover still, but no surprise they are in the lead, and I assume there are plenty of high scores still to come for them.
This draft made me realize Queen is the band that I must be the lowest on vs consensus. Great band, tons of songs I like. They just don't connect with me and I never actively play their music.
Same here though I did pick them in this draft.

I know some folks have been on vacation and/or life-busy, but I'm also missing the commentary from @Chaos34 , @Doug B , and @Raging weasel lately. Hope no one wandered out of the thread and got in trouble.

With just a week to go, sending out huge thanks to our usuals, @Hawks64 and @Val Rannous , for keeping things running, and to @Ilov80s for stepping in on the spreadsheet. You had huge shoes to fill when @falguy understandably took a break, and you've been awesome. No matter what the movie guys say. :lol:
I fell 5-6 days behind in playlist listening and basically gave up :bag: Still following along ,using the "like" button and some short comments.

New-to-me favorites from #8:

Ride the Lightning -- Metallica (Manster). I told you I don't have an extensive knowledge of their catalog. :bag:
First Time I Died -- Ghalia Volt (Tim). As I said, this could pass for a Bonnie Raitt track. Would have no idea it was a young woman from Belgium unless I was told.
When Your Mind’s Made Up -- Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (Krista4). Gorgeous.
Talking to Yourself -- Carly Rae Jepsen (Ditkaburgers). A long way from "Call Me Maybe." This is pop with a sturdy foundation.
Of Course I'm Lying -- Yello (John Maddens Lunchbox). A long way from "Oh Yeah." This is synth pop with a sturdy foundation.

Count me among those who don't get Queen. I respect certain things, Brian May's guitar work, Freddie's a good singer, etc., but I have no connection with them at all. Their songs are fairly original, but the subject matter is entirely unrelatable to me and in many instances lightweight. I've made jokes about Freddie's overbite in other threads, and those are really just schtick, but I am not a fan and I did not consider any of their songs for this countdown.

I chose one Queen song that I won't skip if it's on - Radio Ga Ga.

There is another I'll listen to that's from their Live Aid performance. But that's about it.
All we hear is :clap::clap:Radio Ga Ga:clap::clap:

For good reason, widely renowned as one of the best live performances ever.
It really is. There's no denying the electricity that Mercury brought. Even the band members are staring in amazement.

There is another I'll listen to that's from their Live Aid performance. But that's about it.

It really is. There's no denying the electricity that Mercury brought. Even the band members are staring in amazement.
I’ve posted it before, but Extreme, of all bands, did a great recapture of the Queen Live Aid set at the Freddie tribute.

@landrys hat I look forward to seeing S&R on Sunday and hopefully meeting you.
Yeah, the weather is supposed to be nice. Should be a good show with Wilco, Beck, S & R, Orville Peck, Angel Olsen, Lucius and Bully. See ya there!
On the things your allowed to bring in, it says "Empty, reusable water bottles and hydration packs, and plastic or aluminum water bottles." Do you know what is the biggest size bottle they allow, and can that bottle be stainless steel like a Hydro Flask/Yeti or that type of bottle? I sent them a message three days ago, but I haven't heard back.

I'm taking about Hammer To Fall. The tempo of the Live Aid version is much peppier than the album - some producer should have said "a little faster, guys".

The 24s

Known Favorites

Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy (shuke)
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate (Mrs. Rannous)
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love - Van Halen (Raging weasel)
I Can Change - LCD Soundsystem (Ilov80s) - would have made my list but LCD Soundsystem is just too hard to vet. Amazing song.
Life During Wartime - Talking Heads (New Binky the Doormat)
Killing Me Softly - The Fugees (MAC_32)
The Gift (Instrumental Version) - The Velvet Underground (jwb)
Ride The Lightning - Metallica (Manster)
Manic Depression - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Oliver Humanzee)
Mirror In The Bathroom - The Beat (Chaos34)

New to Me Songs I Really Liked

First Time I Died - Ghalia Volt (timscochet) - All I can say is "Wow."
Mystery Achievement - The Pretenders (Pip’s Invitation)
Magic Power - Triumph (Andy Dufresne)
Angel From The Coast - Thin Lizzy (Karma Police)

Count me among those who don't get Queen. I respect certain things, Brian May's guitar work, Freddie's a good singer, etc., but I have no connection with them at all. Their songs are fairly original, but the subject matter is entirely unrelatable to me and in many instances lightweight. I've made jokes about Freddie's overbite in other threads, and those are really just schtick, but I am not a fan and I did not consider any of their songs for this countdown.
Yeah, same boat here. I can recognize the talent and they certainly owned Live Aid (along with U2), but I just don't feel it.

Freddie was so flamboyant, and he had so much charisma on stage. Brian May and Roger Taylor have both said that that was Freddie's stage persona, and offstage he was very shy. He is also said to have been kind, generous and gentle, and let's not forget that Freddie also loved cats. 😻

I like Queen, although I don't play their music often. Their music reminds me of growing up in the 70s, and hearing their songs at the pool and on the radio. My favorite song by them hasn't been chosen yet, but there is time left for it to make an appearance.

Catching up on the write-ups for some of my recent picks:

scorchy:

Fade To Black - Metallica (U.S., Denmark)

Fade to Black was my old roommate Bob's favorite Metallica song and it somehow became mine too.

Copied from an earlier thread (with a couple minor additions) where I talked about my Metallica journey and my roommate Bob the Dragon:

By all rights, I should hate Metallica. Metallica, along with Meat Loaf and Dr. Hook, were my freshman-year roommate Bob's three favorite bands/acts.* I could write up hundreds of Bob stories and most of them would be funny even to folks who never met him, evidenced by the fact that my teenage son still asks me to tell them on road trips, and he typically only laughs at me and not with me.** Just to set the scene, Bob was maybe 5'6 and 130 pounds soaking wet.*** He had perfect SAT scores but he flunked out of his parentally approved mechanical engineering major and switched to Japanese. He didn't shower much, his side of the dorm room was a total wreck, and he loved to watch imported Anime laser discs. On the other hand, he was a great guy and super generous and gloriously weird and the best spades partner ever, and I'm still sorry I hurt his feelings so badly when I told him I just couldn't live with him again sophomore year because the mess (and the anime) was driving me crazy.

Bob could play along with every song on every Metallica album note for note, which he did for several hours a day with his Les Paul guitar plugged in and distortion pedal activated. Luckily, Bob usually slept till noon and was kind enough not to play after 9 pm, but any time in-between was fair game. I would be sitting down eating my microwaved Oscar Meyer cheese-filled hot dogs for lunch while trying to watch The Young and the Restless and Bob would pop up, plug in, and start shredding away. He was so damn good at it that I didn't even mind. Still, you would think hearing ...And Justice for All accompanied by shrieking guitar hundreds of times would make me hate them, but nope.**** Miss that guy.*****

* Bob's nickname was The Dragon. We didn't give it to him. When his mom called, she would actually say, "Hi Scorchy, is The Dragon there?"

** Once it became evident that the pandemic was gonna be here for a while, I had an idea to cheer folks up. I dug out a ton of my photos from the 70s, 80s, and 90s and posted them each day for a month or two on my FB page. The only known pic of The Dragon led to our UF crew telling dozens of crazy Bob stories - they were such a hit that folks who I didn’t even know (friends of friends I guess) kept popping in and asking for more.

*** Our decided size differential never stopped Bob from yelling "PINHEAD" at me whenever I annoyed him.

**** My sophomore year roommate Chuck played bass (poorly) and tried to the same thing with his favorite band, Yes. That explains why I haven't picked any Yes songs among the daily selected favorites.

***** None of us have heard from Bob since we all left Gainesville. Last I looked, I'm pretty sure he's living in the Bay area. With my son starting college there in the fall, I have a burning desire to contact him, but am afraid of looking like an internet stalker.

Last edited:
scorchy:

Adrenaline Rush (Vegger Version) - Leather Strip (Denmark)

In Gainesville in the early 90s, it was really tough to find new industrial music outside the majors or smaller North American labels (Wax Trax, Nettwerk, etc.). As a result, it felt like we were all dancing to the same 25-30 bands every Saturday night. Then Cleopatra (a U.S. label) struck a distribution deal with legendary* German label Zoth Ommog and the floodgates opened our ears to amazing artists like Psychopomps, X Marks the Pedwalk, and Armageddon Dildos. Leather Strip - a one-man act (Klaus Larsen) - was the best of the bunch. Adrenaline Rush absolutely propels you across the dancefloor.

* I realize legendary may be overstating things.

scorchy:

Birthday - The Sugarcubes (Iceland)

Another one copied from my 1988 countdown:

If Jane's Addiction's Nothing's Shocking was like nothing my teenage ears had heard before, then the Sugarcubes' Life's Too Good felt the same except in the exact opposite direction. Seeing the world premier video for debut single Birthday on 120 Minutes, my immediate reaction was akin to "I don't know that the hell I'm seeing and hearing here but holy hell is it captivating." I certainly can't say it any better than famed critic Robert Christgau, who wrote that the Sugarcubes' "sense of mischief isn't just playful—it's experimental and a little wicked."

Out of all the records I bought in 1988, Life's Too Good might be the one I still listen to most from start to finish. It's just delightfully weird and always puts me in a great mood - Motorcrash, Coldsweat, Sick for Toys, Deus all really could have claimed a place on this list. The Sugarcubes' next two albums were perfectly fine but didn't approach the genius of their debut. Then the inevitable happened - the band broke up and Bjork become a phenomenon.

***** None of us have heard from Bob since we all left Gainesville. Last I looked, I'm pretty sure he's living in the Bay area. With my son starting college there in the fall, I have a burning desire to contact him, but am afraid of looking like an internet stalker.
I think you should try and contact him. He may have checked out your FB page if your info is open to the public. I think a lot of people use social media to try and contact old friends. You guys can get together when your visiting your son (and Juddzilla), laugh about old times and listen to some Dr. Hook. 👍

@landrys hat I look forward to seeing S&R on Sunday and hopefully meeting you.
Yeah, the weather is supposed to be nice. Should be a good show with Wilco, Beck, S & R, Orville Peck, Angel Olsen, Lucius and Bully. See ya there!
On the things your allowed to bring in, it says "Empty, reusable water bottles and hydration packs, and plastic or aluminum water bottles." Do you know what is the biggest size bottle they allow, and can that bottle be stainless steel like a Hydro Flask/Yeti or that type of bottle? I sent them a message three days ago, but I haven't heard back.
Sorry, i don't know the biggest size they allow, but i think those Hydro/Yeti bottles are ok.

I like Queen, although I don't play their music often. Their music reminds me of growing up in the 70s ...

Queen was one of my cousin's bands. He was about 7 or 8 years older than me, so I was still a little kid checking out all his vinyl when we visited my grandparents (who my cousin lived with).

I vividly remember being enthralled with (and a little scared of) the News Of The World cover art. He must also have had Jazz, because I recall hearing one particular track from that album over and over and over one weekend.

I think you should try and contact him. He may have checked out your FB page if your info is open to the public. I think a lot of people use social media to try and contact old friends. You guys can get together when your visiting your son (and Juddzilla), laugh about old times and listen to some Dr. Hook. 👍
Yeah, Bob's definitely not on FB. I think I found an address and # on the google, which seems a bit creepier than social media. Maybe I should just text the number and ask if he's ready to go freakin' at the freaker's ball?

New to Me Songs I Really Liked

Mystery Achievement - The Pretenders (Pip’s Invitation)
Wait, what? Given what I know about your tastes, how are you not familiar with the closer of the Pretenders' first album?
Pretenders are another miss on my part. I never loved what I heard on the radio that much (with an exception or two) so didn't really dig much deeper.
The first album is a must-hear. If you hate Brass in Pocket, don't worry, the rest of it sounds nothing like that.

As much as we loved the News of the World album cover art, we loved the Jazz insert even more.

Hmmm ... that might explain why my cousin never left the Jazz sleeve out for me and my younger siblings to peruse. Probably didn't want my grandma seeing that either, for that matter.

Twenty-Five-Point Selections:

timschochet:

Long Way To Go - Sue Foley (Canada)
(new artist)

Just Win Baby:

All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (American and English band members)
(duplicate, third vote)

Pip’s Invitation:

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills & Nash (US/UK)
(duplicate, second vote)

Andy Dufresne:

Wait - White Lion
(new artist)

DrIanMalcolm:

What A Good Boy - Barenaked Ladies (Canada)
(new song)

Don Quixote:

Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid) - Queen (UK-Zanzibar - Freddie Mercury born in Zanzibar)]
(duplicate, second vote)

(Note that the version DQ would like to highlight includes both this and Bohemian Rhapsody, above and on Spotify together at this link)

Dr. Octopus:

Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (US, UK, Canada)
(new song)

scorchy:

Mind Playing Tricks On Me - Geto Boys (U.S., Jamaica)
(new artist)

shuke:

Watching The Wheels - John Lennon and Yoko Ono …...........While credited to John, appeared on Double Fantasy with Yoko (Japan)
(duplicate, second AND third votes today!)

Sullie:

When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What’s Still Around - The Police (2/3 of the Police is British)
(duplicate, second vote)

The Dreaded Marco:

Blue Sky Mine - Midnight Oil
(new song)

Mister CIA:

Cut Me Up - Headstones (Canada)
(new song)

Hawks64:

The Last In Line - Dio
(new song)

Mrs. Rannous:

Your Wildest Dreams - Moody Blues (UK + Swiss Keyboardist)
(new artist)

titusbramble:

Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire (Canadian)
(duplicate, third vote)

Raging weasel:

I'm Losing You - John Lennon and Yoko Ono
(new song for both)

Ilov80s:

So Long, Marianne - Leonard Cohen
(new song)

worrierking:

This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads (Scotland/US)
(duplicate, second vote)

Val Rannous:

Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N’ Roses (US, UK)
(duplicate, second vote)

krista4:

Watching The Wheels - John Lennon and Yoko Ono (Japan/UK)

Mt. Man:

Still Loving You - Scorpions (German band)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

Bring Me Edelweiss - Edelweiss (Austria)
(new artist)

otb_lifer:

All Tomorrow's Parties - The Velvet Underground and Nico (Germany)
(new song for both)

simey:

Come On Over (Turn Me On) - Isobel Campbell, Mark Lanegan (Scotland, USA)
(both new artists)

rockaction:

Armistice - Phoenix (France)
(new song)

New Binky the Doormat:

Summer In The City - The Lovin' Spoonful (US guys & Zal Yanovsky guitarist is Canadian)
(duplicate, second vote)

landrys hat:

Help I'm Alive - Metric (Canada)
(duplicate, second vote)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Brick England - Jean Michel Jarre and the Pet Shop Boys (France)
(both new artists)

MAC_32:

Crush - Dave Matthews Band (Dave's south african and annoys half the participants in this countdown)
(new song)

jwb:

Looks That Kill - Motley Crue
(new song)

Eephus:

Ponta De Lanca Africano - Jorge Ben Jor
(new artist)

Hov34:

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
(duplicate, third vote)

Manster:

The Recap - The Dead South
(new song)

simsarge:

Roll On Down The Highway - Bachman-Turner Overdrive (When I was like 15, I had a cool Pepsi bottle, one of those 16 ounce ones that I'd won at the NY State Fair. What was cool about it is that the top of the body and neck had been heated and stretched an extra 6 inches or more. So it made for a perfect Pepsi guitar. Since air guitars hadn't been invented yet, it worked perfect and I had my make believe riffs , rock & roll moves and eyeing up the groupies looks ready to go. I was ready for action should Olivia Newton John, if she should stop by ready to elope. Or if Randy Bachman call should he be looking to change the group name to Bachman Turner Simsarge Overdrive.)
(new song)

(@Ilov80s , hyphenated artist name)

ditkaburgers:

Dawn Of The Dead - Does It Offend You, Yeah?
(new artist)

Doug B:

Alibis - Sergio Mendes
(new artist)

westerberg:

Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
(new song)

KarmaPolice:

Era - Opeth
(new song)

higgins:

Espiritu - Paco de Lucía, John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola (Spain/UK/US mix)
(all three new artists)

zamboni:

Fight The Good Fight - Triumph (Canada)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Zegras11:

Old Man - Neil Young
(new song)

(Pip-curated cover by Beck, for the playlist.)

Oliver Humanzee:

Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy
(new song)

Chaos34:

Redemption Song - Bob Marley
(duplicate, second vote)

AAABatteries:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
(duplicate, second vote)

Queen were the closest thing to the Beatles we ever saw ... i'm talking in terms of a massively popular act that had a ton of commercial appeal - yet didn't "stay in their lane", so to speak.

they took a ton of chances, dabbling in any number of styles or genres - not only from album to album; but from song to song on any given album.

they tossed quite a bit of clunker tunes out, yes ... and i've spoken of them up in here - most notably Freddie's "Macca-esque" penchant for granny music - but, at their absolute best, they were untouchable, imo.

other bands were also versatile, of course - but not to this extent, and not while also holding their spot as arguably the biggest rock act in the world - they were not afraid of failure, nor ridicule - they followed their muse, and churned out their version of what they thought best represented them.

that 6 album run of Sheer Heart Attack/Night at the Opera/Day at the Races/News of the World/Jazz/The Game proves all this in spades ... if a person who never heard them before chucked those 6 platters on shuffle they'd be hard pressed to believe it were the same band from song to song ... Brian's unmistakable guitar tone, and Freddie's incomparable voice, would be the tell, sure ... but going so seamlessly between varying styles such as "Stone Cold Crazy" to "AOBTD" to "Love of My Life" to "Tie Your Mother Down" to "It's Late" to "39" to "Dragon Attack" to "Somebody to Love" to "Death on Two Legs" to "Jealousy" etcetcetc was a wheelhouse no other band that immense were pulling off.

Last edited:

I obviously agree with this based on my selection for today. :suds:

On Queen, I do prefer listening to live over studio, which is why included links to the Live Aid version.

Twenty-Five-Point Selections:

timschochet:

Long Way To Go - Sue Foley (Canada)
(new artist)

Just Win Baby:

All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience (American and English band members)
(duplicate, third vote)

Pip’s Invitation:

Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills & Nash (US/UK)
(duplicate, second vote)

Andy Dufresne:

Wait - White Lion
(new artist)

DrIanMalcolm:

What A Good Boy - Barenaked Ladies (Canada)
(new song)

Don Quixote:

Radio Ga Ga (Live Aid) - Queen (UK-Zanzibar - Freddie Mercury born in Zanzibar)]
(duplicate, second vote)

(Note that the version DQ would like to highlight includes both this and Bohemian Rhapsody, above and on Spotify together at this link)

Dr. Octopus:

Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (US, UK, Canada)
(new song)

scorchy:

Mind Playing Tricks On Me - Geto Boys (U.S., Jamaica)
(new artist)

shuke:

Watching The Wheels - John Lennon and Yoko Ono …...........While credited to John, appeared on Double Fantasy with Yoko (Japan)

Sullie:

When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What’s Still Around - The Police (2/3 of the Police is British)
(duplicate, second vote)

The Dreaded Marco:

Blue Sky Mine - Midnight Oil
(new song)

Mister CIA:

Cut Me Up - Headstones (Canada)
(new song)

Hawks64:

The Last In Line - Dio
(new song)

Mrs. Rannous:

Your Wildest Dreams - Moody Blues (UK + Swiss Keyboardist)
(new artist)

titusbramble:

Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire (Canadian)
(duplicate, third vote)

Raging weasel:

I'm Losing You - John Lennon and Yoko Ono
(new song for both)

Ilov80s:

So Long, Marianne - Leonard Cohen
(new song)

worrierking:

This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads (Scotland/US)
(duplicate, second vote)

Val Rannous:

Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N’ Roses (US, UK)
(duplicate, second vote)

krista4:

Watching The Wheels - John Lennon and Yoko Ono (Japan/UK)

Mt. Man:

Still Loving You - Scorpions (German band)
(new song)

JMLs secret identity:

Bring Me Edelweiss - Edelweiss (Austria)
(new artist)

otb_lifer:

All Tomorrow's Parties - The Velvet Underground and Nico (Germany)
(new song for both)

simey:

Come On Over (Turn Me On) - Isobel Campbell, Mark Lanegan (Scotland, USA)
(both new artists)

rockaction:

Armistice - Phoenix (France)
(new song)

New Binky the Doormat:

Summer In The City - The Lovin' Spoonful (US guys & Zal Yanovsky guitarist is Canadian)
(duplicate, second vote)

landrys hat:

Help I'm Alive - Metric (Canada)
(duplicate, second vote)

John Maddens Lunchbox:

Brick England - Jean Michel Jarre and the Pet Shop Boys (France)
(both new artists)

MAC_32:

Crush - Dave Matthews Band (Dave's south african and annoys half the participants in this countdown)
(new song)

jwb:

Looks That Kill - Motley Crue
(new song)

Eephus:

Ponta De Lanca Africano - Jorge Ben Jor
(new artist)

Hov34:

The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
(duplicate, third vote)

Manster:

The Recap - The Dead South
(new song)

simsarge:

Roll On Down The Highway - Bachman-Turner Overdrive (When I was like 15, I had a cool Pepsi bottle, one of those 16 ounce ones that I'd won at the NY State Fair. What was cool about it is that the top of the body and neck had been heated and stretched an extra 6 inches or more. So it made for a perfect Pepsi guitar. Since air guitars hadn't been invented yet, it worked perfect and I had my make believe riffs , rock & roll moves and eyeing up the groupies looks ready to go. I was ready for action should Olivia Newton John, if she should stop by ready to elope. Or if Randy Bachman call should he be looking to change the group name to Bachman Turner Simsarge Overdrive.)
(new song)

(@Ilov80s , hyphenated artist name)

ditkaburgers:

Dawn Of The Dead - Does It Offend You, Yeah?
(new artist)

Doug B:

Alibis - Sergio Mendes
(new artist)

westerberg:

Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
(new song)

KarmaPolice:

Era - Opeth
(new song)

higgins:

Espiritu - Paco de Lucía, John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola (Spain/UK/US mix)
(all three new artists)

zamboni:

Fight The Good Fight - Triumph (Canada)
(duplicate, fourth vote)

Zegras11:

Old Man - Neil Young
(new song)

(Pip-curated cover by Beck, for the playlist.)

Oliver Humanzee:

Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy
(new song)

Chaos34:

Redemption Song - Bob Marley
(duplicate, second vote)

AAABatteries:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
(duplicate, second vote)
25 Pointers playlist

I made it through most of the 24-pointers playlist late last night and finished off the rest this morning.

Special known-to-me shout-outs: "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate, which makes me think of the movie The Full Monty. Tom Wilkinson is brilliant in everything he's ever done. "Birthday" by The Sugarcubes (girl crush on Bjork is unabated). "The Gift" by the velvets for an off-the-radar selections; loved the write-up on this one, too.

New-to-me shout-outs: The song is not new to me, but the cover of "Unknown Legend" that was chosen was outstanding. I also liked the Flogging Molly song, "Drunken Lullabies." Not a very successful day for me on new music. :topcat:

another big one today

known to me favs from today (that I haven't commented on yet)

Radio Ga Ga (Live) - QueenDon Quixotemore Queen top level goodness - and so different than what anyone else was doing at the time …and still
Teach Your Children - CSNDr. Octopusgreat example of their unbelievable harmonies
The Last In Line - DioHawks64solid Dio song - but a legendary video that needs a MST3K treatment
Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Firetitusbramblesuch a distinctive sound, this is a perfect representation of that
Your Wildest Dreams - Moody BluesMrs. Rannousthese are my guys, though like the 80s "Yes" this is reminiscent of their past sound but the same - still really like it
I'm Losing You - John Lennon & That LadyRaging Weaselforgot how much I love this song - he could have done so much more in his solo career …
Roll On Down The Highway - BTOsimsargegreat Pepsi bottle story (also found in all Spencer Gifts), BTO was HUGE when I was in HS
Alibis - Sergio MendesDoug Banother forgotten treasure - way past his Brazil '66 days, you could not torture me into admitting I liked this back then
also having Lyle Alzado as the lead singer is a big plus
Psycho Killer - Talking Headswesterberghard to believe this hasn't been taken before this - but so many good songs from which to pick
Old Man - Neil YoungZegras11another that's hard to believe hasn't been taken yet - but same reason
Jailbreak - Thin LizzyOHthis was their biggest hit - gotta believe we're going to be seeing more of this one

known to me favs from today (previously commented on)

All Along The Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix ExperienceJust Win Baby
Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - CSNPip
Watching The Wheels - John Lennon & That Ladyshuke/krista/
When The World Is Running Down … - The PoliceSullie
This Must Be The Place - Talking Headsworrierking
The Chain - Fleetwood MacHov34
Bohemian Rhapsody - QueenAAABatteriesreaction.

new to me favs from today

Cut Me Up - HeadstonesMister CIAthese guys entered the scene when my musical sweet spot was gone and work took over - missed them and love this
Bring Me Edelweiss - EdelweissJML' secret identityreaction.
Come On Over (Turn Me On) - Isobel Campbell, Mark Lanegansimeysounded like it was recorded in a jacuzzi by these two - and I was gonna get bent over
Armistice - Phoenixrockactionnever heard of him - reminds me of Beck that I really like
Help I'm Alive - Metriclandrys hatreally grew on me, also sounds like it's right up my wife's alley - hopefully this will be new to her!
The Recap - The Dead SouthMansterwow - just wow, this is completely NOT the style of music that I am typically attracted to, but this is fantastic!
probably my fav discovery of the day
Era - OpethKarmaPolicesolid prog pick - KP …who would've guessed?

Last edited:
@Mummy4

... so, lemme get this straight

pint sized elfs who conjured Satan himself are good, but I needed to be prayed for, vis a vis the mighty Viking that were Quorthon (Bathory)?

if Dio stood on a step ladder he might be able to ... well - let's just say i can't say it here, (hint: he'd be at my midsection, i leave it at that) :lol:

🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread