What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where's the VALUE? Who to keep? (1 Viewer)

FFRizz

Footballguy
Which 4 keepers should I pick?

I also have an extra 2nd rd pick

Kelce (2nd)
Etienne (6th)
Mondre (9th)
Mattison (10th)
T.Law (12)
Ridley (15th) last round

Kelce (2nd)- I think just in terms of value wise, Kelce has the least value to keep with a 2nd but it's as close to a slam dunk out of all the picks.

Etienne (6th)- ADP in 3rd Rd can keep at 6th. Not getting much receptions, Bigsby getting hype up, TLaw getting TDs himself at the 1.

Mondre (9th)- ADP late 2nd early 3rd. Should be the no brainer keeper. Even if Strong and T.Mont getting some touches that should be the counter to Mondre running out of steam last season.

Mattison (10th)- ADP late 5th early 6th. Still a huge question mark As to whether how much hes getting the rock or a full blown committee even he looks as every bit as capable to Cook but such a short sample size. Although, 10th rd prize is just the same as last season.

TLaw (12th)- ADP late 5th early 6th.
8 top 10 QB finish last year. Poised to make another leap with weapons in every skill position. I can also draft Tua in the 8th or Gino in the 11th.

Riddley (15th) last rd - ADP mid 4th. No game play last 2 yrs but also less mileage and being a WR.

I'd probably keep Kelce, Etienne, Rhamondre, and Ridley.

Generally the quality of the player matters more than the pick you're giving up, especially since the pick is out of a diluted player pool. e.g., I'd guess that the players available in rd2 if you throw Kelce back are something like rd4 ADP players. So getting a rd1 caliber player instead of one of them is a pretty big gap.

@ZWK hit the nail on the head. You’re not giving up a 2nd round pick for Kelce, with 48 players kept, you’re giving to be giving up a 5th round redraft ADP.

Agree with his keepers as well

I'd go with keep Kelce, Rhamondre, Mattison and Ridley.

Many are concerned with Mattison’s workload, but I would have the same issues with Etienne.

Please see mine.

I would be keeping Kelce, Mondre, Etienne and either Ridley (personally not sure) or Mattison...

what does the rest of your roster look like?

Assume this is a 1 QB league. With that being the case Lawrence is crossed off the list. I also don't trust Ridley due to his layoff.

That leaves the remaining 4 as your keepers.

I'd probably keep Kelce, Etienne, Rhamondre, and Ridley.

Generally the quality of the player matters more than the pick you're giving up, especially since the pick is out of a diluted player pool. e.g., I'd guess that the players available in rd2 if you throw Kelce back are something like rd4 ADP players. So getting a rd1 caliber player instead of one of them is a pretty big gap.
This is the correct answer. Well said!

I am going a slightly different way than most. I would keep Kelce, Etienne, Mattison, and Ridley. I go Mattison over Rhamondre because I HATE the competition of New England running backs and the constant shuffling whereas Mattison has pretty much no competition for carries in Minnesota. I would take his volume over New England uncertainty.

I go Mattison over Rhamondre because I HATE the competition of New England running backs and the constant shuffling
What competition does Rhamondre have this year? Damian Harris is gone. They have Ty Montgomery, Pierre Strong, Kevin Harris, and JJ Taylor. I don't see that as any competition. Don't let past situations fool you when the situation is not nearly the same as the past.

Users who are viewing this thread