What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which American Political Party is the Most to Blame for the Russia/Ukraine War? (1 Viewer)

Which American Political Party is the Most to Blame for the Russia/Ukraine War?

• Democrats

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Republicans

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Other

Votes: 36 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a perfect encapsulation of exactly what’s wrong with this country.  A complex international invasion between two countries half way around the world with decades of history and aggression (much further back if we want to include prior to Ukraine’s official statehood in the early 90’s) yet somehow we find a way to point fingers here at the other team.  Unreal. Well I guess the only thing that ever matters in this world anymore is red team or blue team, and it’s ALWAYS the other teams fault.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out. 

I blame Paul McCartney. Just like Charles Manson, Putin took him a little too much to heart. Damn White Album…

It would have been worse under Trump. He would not have worked in unison with our NATO allies with sanctions as well. NATO countries in Europe would have been the voice of the western democracy and Trump would have been reluctant to impose sanctions on the man he adores.

Next we need a poll asking how many here agree with Putin that Ukraine President Zelensky ( who is Jewish)  is a Nazi.

This thread is a perfect encapsulation of exactly what’s wrong with this country.  A complex international invasion between two countries half way around the world with decades of history and aggression (much further back if we want to include prior to Ukraine’s official statehood in the early 90’s) yet somehow we find a way to point fingers here at the other team.  Unreal. Well I guess the only thing that ever matters in this world anymore is red team or blue team, and it’s ALWAYS the other teams fault.  
I honestly hope the question is trolling. I’m afraid it’s not though.

Agree that this is on Putin not an American political party, but if you want to lay indirect blame it clearly falls on Republicans. They allowed their party to be taken over by the basest of base interests and have done a heckuva job in playing to Putin's interests in feeding into division in this country. Without the recent past of this complicity, the US may have been seen as a stronger united front against Russian agression and given Putin more pause. Probably not though, he was going to do what he was going to.do. dangerous egomaniac that he is.

I’d like to believe that, but unfortunately it’s prevalent in the real world as well 
I agree with you. As I posted in the other Ukraine thread, we have a tendency to assume these types of events are all about us, when often the US is entirely incidental to what's going on. 

Still, when I saw the thread title it just felt like the most PSF thing ever.

Seems a bit melodramatic and a very odd take.

Practically, I find it hard to believe that Democrats and Republicans are of equal blame for the US' role in this matter.   They certainly have different foreign policy.

Further, as a voter of the most powerful country on the planet, isn't it our responsibility to ascertain which party is the most effective and vote accordingly? 

I'll hang up and listen.

You do acknowledge that the United States has inserted themselves in this regions affairs.    

Example: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-01-11-mn-10675-story.html

Maybe what the United States needs is a little more nationalism and stop trying to influence other nations.  Stay out of others affairs.  Don't ask us for help, we won't offer any.  Once we insert ourselves into other peoples affairs, then we can and should reflect blame where it belongs so we can learn from it and not repeat it.  

Maybe what the United States needs is a little more nationalism and stop trying to influence other nations.  Stay out of others affairs.  Don't ask us for help, we won't offer any.  Once we insert ourselves into other peoples affairs, then we can and should reflect blame where it belongs so we can learn from it and not repeat it.  

Easier said than done with a global economy and resource dependencies.

Practically, I find it hard to believe that Democrats and Republicans are of equal blame for the US' role in this matter.   They certainly have different foreign policy.

Further, as a voter of the most powerful country on the planet, isn't it our responsibility to ascertain which party is the most effective and vote accordingly?  I'll hang up and listen.
I don't think the old Democrat / Republican historical differences on foreign policy apply anymore. Each party has different factions and ideas now.

Easier said than done with a global economy and resource dependencies.
Agree. I used to be more of an isolationist in my thinking but the global world just doesn't work like that. Oftentimes we really have no choice but to get involved in some manner and usually the choices we do have are picking from bad or worse.

You do acknowledge that the United States has inserted themselves in this regions affairs.    

Example: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-01-11-mn-10675-story.html

Those are all relevant discussions but not the one that’s being had here. This thread is about partisan politics and playing the blame game.

Further, as a voter of the most powerful country on the planet, isn't it our responsibility to ascertain which party is the most effective and vote accordingly? 
I don't think we are anymore. Sure on paper but we are to divided as a country. We are being defeated from the inside without a shot fired in our direction. 

I'll hang up and listen.
Creating a thread trying to cast blame on a US political party for a war that just started is a very odd take. 

I'll hang up and listen.
Trip, you’re a smart guy and I believe to be a thoughtful poster based on your history here. So you know the answer here. Complex Geo political events of other countries occurring over the decades don’t fall to one party‘s here fault. You know this. And trying to assert whether one party is 51% to blame or 62% or 78% or whatever is a fruitless exercise. You also know this.

To attempt couch this as if the voters are neutral in their party affiliations and actually decide which way they’re going to vote by what’s been effective in a situation decades in the making that most Americans have no real clue about other then what partisan network they watch tells them is laughable. This I know you also know.  Biden is not to blame here, Trump is not to blame here, Obama is not to blame here, Bush is not to blame here, etc etc.  Putin is. And while there may be some shared responsibility the United States has here it ranges across multiple administrations and the responsibility is in the small percentages.  Putin is the one doing this, Putin is the one making the decision to do this.  The blame ends there.  

Now if you wanna have a discussion on how we react to this now that it’s happened and how it possibly could be different between democrats and Republicans that could be interesting, (though personally I don’t think the reaction would be much different between the two).  But this blame game thread is empty and partisan imo.   

I can't believe anyone would blame GOP or DNC

Putin / Russia did what they were going to do - I don't know that Trump in office would have stopped it or not, nobody knows, they're a half planet away

What COULD have happened as the escalation was noted, we become more energy independent to brace the USA and citizens for the global impacts of a Russia-Ukraine invasions

that is totally on Biden / Democrats IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread