What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Colt DE versuse Marc Bulger? (1 Viewer)

chicken george

Footballguy
I need to decide between either Mathis or Freeney versus the sorry rams oline.1pt per solo.5pt for assist3 for sack,ff,f recWhich one please help?

Ask the magic 8 ball or flip a coin. Mathis is probably who I would go with due to tackles.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's getting hard to ignore Mathis at this point. I've been starting Abraham and Schobel ahead of him, but I think this might be the week I bow to the numbers and put Mathis in.

It's getting hard to ignore Mathis at this point. I've been starting Abraham and Schobel ahead of him, but I think this might be the week I bow to the numbers and put Mathis in.
If you do, bench Schobel.

It's nearly impossible to bench Freeney in most scoring systems, but I'd probably start Mathis over Freeney in Week 6.Mathis vs Alex Barron :thumbup: Freeney vs Orlando Pace :thumbdown:

Mathis has outscored Freeney 4 out of 5 weeks in my scoring system. I dont know if that is going to happen every week but this is looking more and more like a trend as the weeks go by. Mathis has too much speed for any OL to stop him one on one all game. But there is no way that teams are going to be able to double him and leave Freeney all alone. That would be suicide. Mathis is in for one hell of a year with Freeney getting as much attention as he does.

Mathis is benefitting not only from Freeney but from improvement in the interior of the DL. I'd say Mathis because if the Rams keep someone in to help it will be on Freeney first. Also, Mathis plays on special teams so he can get some special teams tackles.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nearly impossible to bench Freeney in most scoring systems, but I'd probably start Mathis over Freeney in Week 6.

Mathis vs Alex Barron :thumbup:

Freeney vs Orlando Pace :thumbdown:
:goodposting: It's always important to figure out who the T in front of the DL will be when choosing your starting DL.

The Rams have typically been weaker on the left side versus the right. Young in week 1, Okeafor in week 2, Odom/VandenBosch in week 3, and Strahan in week 4 put up the best numbers and they all line up on the left. 3 players on the left side (Hill, Darby, Terrill) registered at least a half sack last week (although they didn't put up monster numbers).

and what would you give Freeney vs Johnathan Ogden ???
I'm assuming you're referencing last year's game where Freeney owned Odgen. Freeney's display was impressive. With that being said, Ogden is no Pace...not anymore. Ogden used to be the premier LT in football. Now, the Ravens are pondering the idea of moving Odgen to RT. Heck, Ogden has even hinted of retiring at season's end. Freeney's game from last year may have been one of the legs on this chair.

It's nearly impossible to bench Freeney in most scoring systems, but I'd probably start Mathis over Freeney in Week 6.

What about Freeney v Pace Mathis v Barron and a chip or TE to help the rook on every play? Just a thought

When watching the game, Freeney was destroying Ogden. Just didn't get the stats to show it.
this is true...the entire game freeney was in the backfield (sunday night if i remember correctly)

Interesting that Freeney is #1 DL in cheets and EOTG despite the matchup. He's too likely to put up lay an egg, particularly with that matchup, I'm benching him for Rod Coleman.

freenay and mathis sandwiched jamie martin...sack + forced fumblemathis got credit for both and appears to have "won" this line-up matchupboth had solid games though

Other than forcing Pace into a few false starts, Freeney was essentially neutralized by Pace. On rare occassions, Freeney was blocked using a TE. The result?? A forced fumble on Steven Jackson.Mathis had a great day, both against Barron and on special teams. He had six solos, one sack, and one forced fumble.

Users who are viewing this thread