What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which RB has best situation (1 Viewer)

Who has the best situation for be 06 Caddy.

• Lendale White - Ten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deangelo Williams - Car

• Joseph Adi - Ind

• Total voters
I was disapointed that the colts didnt move up to take D Williams or Maroney....At first...After looking in to the addai Pick I truly think he was the best pick for the Colts....and yes I am a Colts fan

Addai has never carried a load and is very inexperienced and unproven... absolutely not a shoe in to even beat out Rhodes for the spot.

Addai could likely be the starter from day one, although Rhodes probably will be. For DeAngelo, it's whether DeShaun Foster can stay healthy. They paid Foster a ton of money to retain him despite his complete inability to stay healthy.

Why aren't Bush and Maroney choices? Personally I think Bush will have the biggest impact.
maybe because bush would be the choice most would make? just throwing that out there...

Addai has never carried a load and is very inexperienced and unproven... absolutely not a shoe in to even beat out Rhodes for the spot.
Think you might want to Check your info
Addai had 187 carries to Vincent's 121 for LSU last year. What info are you referring to?

Think you might want to take your own advice.Way to not trade up a mere 2 spots in the 1st for a clearly better back Polian - you genius! :thumbup:

Addai is the clear choice, no one else has the opportunity to get as much work as him, and he's in the best system with the best supporting talent to rack up the numbers.

Why aren't Bush and Maroney choices?  Personally I think Bush will have the biggest impact.
maybe because bush would be the choice most would make? just throwing that out there...
Who on earth would vote for Bush over Addai? The question isn't who will be the best; The question is who has the best situation. I think being in Indy with only Rhodes to beat out is the best situation. Its much better than being in N.O. and having to beat out DM. Quite frankly I'm shocked that anyone has voted against Addai in this poll so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you might want to take your own advice.Way to not trade up a mere 2 spots in the 1st for a clearly better back Polian - you genius! :thumbup:
IMO Addai is a much better fit for the Colts than Williams or Maroney,Best Blocker, good hands, Team Player,Same size as edge,Powerful.tough.He does not have the experiance the others do but he also has less mileage..I think He was rated Lower than before mentioned backs for that reason alone ...not becase of his skills

Im just worried that Addai becomes this years JJ Arrington. The player that goes to the best situation and gets drafted in dynasty leagues higher than he should but produces nothing.

Im just worried that Addai becomes this years JJ Arrington. The player that goes to the best situation and gets drafted in dynasty leagues higher than he should but produces nothing.
There is a HUGE difference between the respective situations. Even Arrington would have been a top 10-20 fantasy back in Indy.

Who on earth would vote for Bush over Addai? The question isn't who will be the best; The question is who has the best situation. I think being in Indy with only Rhodes to beat out is the best situation. Its much better than being in N.O. and having to beat out DM. Quite frankly I'm shocked that anyone has voted against Addai in this poll so far.
A lot of us would disagree. The indianapolis offense is very complex and Rhodes is a decent running back. Addai cant just walk into this job. He's going to need a great camp to beat out Rhodes.On the other hand Bush is assured of serious playing time. McAllister isnt expected to be his old self right away and wouldnt keep Bush on the bench even if he was his old self.

I'm not sure why both Bush and Maroney arent on this list. Both would surely get votes.

I really think people have higher expectations from Indy's offensive line than they should. They've lost several offensive linemen since the year Rhodes rushed for 1000 yards. Edgerrin James is an elite runningback and MADE THE LINE LOOK GOOD.

I think you all will be disappointed by Addai's performance, even IF he starts, which isn't a given. Rhodes knows the system and I don't care how good Addai's blocking is it won't be as good as Rhodes this year.

IMO Addai is a much better fit for the Colts than Williams or Maroney,Best Blocker, good hands, Team Player,Same size as edge,Powerful.tough.He does not have the experiance the others do but he also has less mileage..I think He was rated Lower than before mentioned backs for that reason alone ...not becase of his skills
These may be the positive's for Addai, but IMO- he was very few moves and little "shiftiness", which may hurt him and curb his NFL success.

Why aren't Bush and Maroney choices?  Personally I think Bush will have the biggest impact.
Deuce is a good back when healthy, but will he be healthy? When the season will start, he won't even be one full year removed from his ACL injury; it typically takes RBs 2 yrs to bounce back to form from that kind of injury. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bush get his chance and run with it with Deuce getting his carries to keep from overworking Reggie.

There is NO way that Maroney or Williams is a better fit this year for the Colts than Addai.Long term they MAY have more success but if you are looking short term, Addai is the closest to being able to step in and play all three downs

Tom

I actually think Bush a very real chance to lead the rookie RBs in total yards.
Do you expect Deuce to get hurt?
He doesn't have to. From what I've read, the New Orleans coaches are going to use McAllister/Bush in the same way that USC used White/Bush. Reggie can do a lot of damage with 12 carries and 3-5 catches each week. Keep in mind that only Addai appears to have an inside track on a starting job. Seeing as I don't think he'll be as effective as Bush, I don't think the greater number of touches will be enough to give him the total yards advantage.

Addai had 187 carries to Vincent's 121 for LSU last year. What info are you referring to?
Take a closer look...Addai got hurt during the Auburn game and never played but to come in on pass blocking situations until the Bowl Game.

16-109/2 16-84/1 17-86/1 24-102/1 32-156/1 24-105/0(vs Auburn) 3-7/1 3-15/0 2-4/0 14-70/1 10-36/0 2-7/0 24-130/1

After the game against Auburn he was never the same, but too valuable to LSU to sit entirely. Had he not got hurt, he would have kept getting the 20-30 carries a game like he did early in the season.

NOTE: Addai played WR too in his Sophomore year... he's a very good pass catching RB.

You're probabably the same guy who bashed Polian for taking Edge over Ricky. :thumbup:

To stay in line with what I said before... LenDale White. If the Titans had passed on White, I think that would've said a LOT about what Norm Chow thought about him as a RB. The fact that he got the green light makes me think that Chow convinced the team they were getting a huge steal.

We saw the kind of workload Fisher gave Eddie George and White can be all that and more... If he works for it.

Users who are viewing this thread