What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which WR would you most like DET to pursue? (1 Viewer)

Which WR would you most like to see DET pursue?

• Kenny Britt

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Josh Gordon

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Hakeem Nicks

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Greg Little

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Brandon Lloyd (FA)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Laurent Robinson (FA)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Mohamed Massaquoi (FA)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

socrates

Footballguy
Following Nate Burleson's broken arm, rumors have been swirling that Detroit is interested in acquiring a WR. Who would you like to see Detroit pursue?

Kenny Britt: Britt's days are no doubt numbered in Tennessee, but would Detroit want to bring in a potential lockerroom cancer? Britt is clearly talented, but troubled.

Josh Gordon: Gordon offers the most upside for the Lions, and likely comes at the highest price. He is also one dose of 'cough medicine' away from a yearlong suspension.

Hakeem Nicks: It is difficult to imagine the Giants would be willing to trade away Nicks, despite their 0-3 start. The oft-injured receiver is a free agent at the end of the season, however, and Rueben Randle has shown some glimpses that he may be ready to fill Nicks' void.

Greg Little: Little would undoubtedly carry a lesser price tag than fellow Brown, Josh Gordon, and he does not come with the off-field troubles of either Gordon or Britt, but is he an upgrade over Broyles?

While trades like these are rare in the NFL, in the wake of the recent Trent Richardson trade, might we see Detroit make a splash in the trade market? Who would you like to see lining up opposite Megatron?

I dont think the lions add anyone, I Know thats boring, but Broyles will start and they will rool with edwards/durham at wr3, might see more of Fauria & scheffler

I think Gordon's better off in CLE as a WR1 than in DET as second fiddle to Calvin. He won't be seeing any 19 target games in DET like he did with CLE last week.

Kenny Britt's the guy I'd like to see go there, his value would increase the most from the change of those listed.

I don't think Detroit trades for any big name WR like Gordon. Britt is not tradeable even to the Lions. He's hurt and a headcase.

It seems like signing a free agent veteran like Laurent Robinson, Devery Henderson, Mohamed Massaquoi, or Steven Breaston would be a much easier and less risky path to take if those guys have any gas left in the tank. .

If I were the Lions the guy I'd be after is Nicks. He's unlikely to sign with NYG after this year and they could be able t leverage that in the deal. He would require a new contract but NFL teams always find a way to get things like that done.

I'd avoid Britt at all cost. Head case they just don't need.

Gordon has talent but the suspension threat would have me avoiding him at the likely price.

If I were the Lions the guy I'd be after is Nicks. He's unlikely to sign with NYG after this year and they could be able t leverage that in the deal. He would require a new contract but NFL teams always find a way to get things like that done.

I'd avoid Britt at all cost. Head case they just don't need.

Gordon has talent but the suspension threat would have me avoiding him at the likely price.
Nicks is definitely intriguing. But I think he'll want too much money. And he isn't a model of durability either.

Mohamed Mass is an interesting thought. He could be a dark horse having played with Stafford at UGA. I like his game as a compliment to Calvin.

Lloyd would be perfect but I guess he has no interest in playing. A guy like Santana Moss would also help.

If Gordon cares about winning he'll stay the hell out of Detroit unless he can play RW for the Red Wings.

Let's look at each one.

Josh Gordon - probably not, it would likely cost a 2nd or 3rd, Detroit has cap issues and has to pay Suh soon, and Fairley shortly after, I wonder where the money would come from to pay Gordon. Not to mention his off the field stuff in a locker room that has more then their fair share of problems. 15% chance

Hakeem Nicks - I feel like this is the most likely not to happen, it will cost around a 3rd to get him, he is a free agent at the end of the year, and do they really need another injury prone receiver on that team? 3rd rounder is a lot to give up for a rental player. 2% chance

Greg Little - This could be the move, he is cheap to acquire, around a 6th and if he is bad you took a shot and lost a 6th round pick not the same as gambling with a 3rd. He is healthy and maybe he just needs a change of venue. 40%

Kenny Britt - He is going to be the cheapest to acquire, the Titans have already pulled him off the field in crunch time and every one knows he isn't coming back. I think the first team that throws them a 7th rounder with the condition that it can become a 6th if he reaches a certain level of catches or is on the team through the end of the year will get him. 50%

Brandon Lloyd - No chance, he has already turned down like 6 teams. I would be surprised if he comes back to football. 0%

Laurent Robinson - I don't see why you bring in another oft injured receiver, they have enough of them. It won't cost them a pick though so I will say 15%

Mohammed Massquio - I don't see this either, but I don't know a lot about him, if he is a speed guy I guess there is a chance since you got Broyles playing the slot. 15%

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread