What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Elephant (2007) - Rounds 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

I'm so confused...what is the timing for replacement picks and for regular picks? 6 hours? 2 hours?
I understood that if you had a player stolen you had an eight hour clock, from the point at which he was stolen, to select a replacement. There is also a current team OTC with a separate eight hour clock running.Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to me to be accurate with what has been posted in these two threads.

I'm so confused...what is the timing for replacement picks and for regular picks? 6 hours? 2 hours?
I understood that if you had a player stolen you had an eight hour clock, from the point at which he was stolen, to select a replacement. There is also a current team OTC with a separate eight hour clock running.Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this seems to me to be accurate with what has been posted in these two threads.
That's what Fro originally said.

So am I allowed to steal Tomlinson?

WTF is going on here?

And what's to prevent Rudnicki from stealing the best player in the past 30 picks? He can take anyone but LT2 when he's back up?

I want to speak to the man in charge!

Just kidding. Seems like it's Fro's call.

I'll continue to moniter from the celly.

If Fro missed a loophole, and we back up to OMs pick, fine. Pasquino Red X's for everyone.

If we continue this way, whoever has 24/7 to watch this wins. I'll do my best to PM from cell when I'm away.

It's lonely at the top. Wish I has seen this loophole/ruling to ask if this is what was wanted.

I also want to thank you all for lots of :D & :banned: . Why can't I get Ozzy going off the rails out of my head.

There's major holes in this. Probably major understatement right there.

I steal Travis Henry if I'm not allowed to steal LT2.

Good luck figuring this out.

Jeff Pasquino said:
So am I allowed to steal Tomlinson?WTF is going on here?And what's to prevent Rudnicki from stealing the best player in the past 30 picks? He can take anyone but LT2 when he's back up?
YOu already had a shot at LT in the first round so you can go after him once you've bypassed him. Ruds will get anyone he wants after LT at 1.1. Ducky and Ruds can continue to do this until they are out of steals. The only equalizer you guys have is to plunder their lineups after they are out of steals. You could probably stick them with no defense or kicker.

Ruffrodys05 said:
LHUCKS said:
that doesn't make sense...so it's a race to see who can get to the messageboard first...with all the steals, this is going to be a logistical nightmare if I'm conceptualizing this accurately...you could possibly have 16 people on the clock if there were 16 consecutive steals. Or am I missing something?

We need to wait until steals are resolved before we continue drafting.

1.1 Aaron Rudnicki - LaDanian Tomlinson RB1

1.2 renesauz - Donovan McNabb QB1

1.3 LHUCKS - Reggie Bush RB2

1.4 Reaper - Steven Jackson RB3

1.5 radballs - Peyton Manning QB2

1.6 Rudy - Laurence Maroney RB4

1.7 Ruffrodys05 - Larry Johnson RB5

1.8 Blue-Kun - Brian Westbrook RB6

1.9 Tex (1) - Frank Gore RB7 (1.11) Joseph Addai RB9

1.10 Pictus Cat - "Fast" Willie Parker RB8

1.11 OldMilwaukee (1) - Joseph Addai RB9 (1.12) Shaun Alexander RB10

1.12. Jeff Pasquino - Shaun Alexander RB10 OTC

1.13 Fro (1) - (1.9) Frank Gore RB7

1.14 rzrback -

1.15 Fiddles -

1.16 Duckboy -

2.1 Duckboy -

2.2 Fiddles -

2.3 rzrback -

2.4 Fro1 -

2.5 Jeff Pasquino -

2.6 OldMilwaukee -

2.7 Pictus Cat -

2.8 Tex -

2.9 Blue-Kun -

2.10 Ruffrodys05 -

2.11 Rudy -

2.12 radballs -

2.13 Reaper -

2.14 LHUCKS -

2.15 renesauz -

2.16 Aaron Rudnicki -
This is what I have gathered so far....current clock is as follows:Pasquino - till 7:40 EDT

eta: Clock is correct for Pasquino now. (If OldMil's steal is a good selection!) My computer's time had not automatically switched....just noticed it, plus I had used the first steal of Alexander for a window.

Last edited by a moderator:
GUYS -when a steal occures the guy who is stolen from is OTC and everyone else waits. It may make the draft considerbly longer but it is the only option.

Ruffrodys05 said:
LHUCKS said:
Not accurate

Hold up the draft for a few minutes guys.....I think I have a resolution, but it will take me a little bit to get it together properly.

Fiddles said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
tex said:
I'll steal Joseph Addai.PM'd razorback
This is where the mistake happened.razorback NOT OTC - it's the prior owner of Addai.
are you saying that the draft stops when theres a steal?if so how long does that player have to repick?
they have their normal 8 hr clock unless they've timed out and are on a 4 hr clock. If you time out your forfeit your right to steal for that pick.

GUYS -when a steal occures the guy who is stolen from is OTC and everyone else waits. It may make the draft considerbly longer but it is the only option.
:shock:
Guys - I think we need to start the first round over with the latest ammendment.Ammendment #2~After a player is stolen, reset everyone's chance to steal him again to one opportunity. If he's stolen again, then everyone gets another opportunity. Let owner's have the option to re-steal, hence no one is penalized for stealing LT early.

Currently OTC, I have..... Old Milwaukee (till 1:37 EDT), Pasquino (till 3:30 EDT), Rudnicki (till 6:13 EDT) & Fro (till 6:21 EDT).

Sound right?
:lmao: :lmao:
Yeah, yeah....hah, hah.......I did my best to keep things rolling last year with the rules that we had in place at the beginning of the first run through. Obviously those rules were slightly off the mark. After looking through this thread it is also obvious that I was not the only one who thought this was the way things were playing out. Anyway, Renesauz was around to clean up the rules and we ended up having a terrific time with the first annual White Elephant draft. This year should be even better!!!!!!!!

Rody

Aaron Rudnicki said:
1.16 - STEAL LaDanian Tomlinson
2 years in a row, Duckboy gets the 16 pick and steals tomlinson from me.RIGGED!@!
A better question might be..."Why draft LT if you know the guy at the 16 slot will just steal him, unless you PLAN ON HIM GETTING STOLEN?"
strategy, gb. strategy. why let him just take the guy without forcing him to use up a steal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread