What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

White Sox 2011 Baseball (2 Viewers)

'Wrigley said:
Kenny considered Konerko for the player/manager's job.now that would have been interesting.
Looks like Kenny is going on a "Blue Light Special". If he is not going to fall on the sword, maybe he can take a cut in pay?

Ventura's last job was as Assistant Manager of a High School team :excited:
If by that you mean assistant to director of player development for the Chicago White Sox you are correct if not then simply put - fail.
OK, his only previous managerial experience was as Assistant Manager of his son's High School team. He was the White Sox assistant to director of player development since June of this year. I guess he's better qualified than Konerko.

Going onto next season The White Sox should have a few good areas to build on to go with the obvious question marks.

Starting and Relief pitching should again be a plus to go with good middle of the field defense. Clutch hitting will again be the deciding factor on if the Sox can finish in the upper half of the division.

If Sale can develop into a true No 1 starter that would be huge. Not counting on Buehrle or Peavey the sox should still have a good starting rotation Sale, Danks, Floyd, Humbert anchoring it. If Buehrle is signed then Danks or Floyd might be moved and kenny could maybe get to throw Dunn or Rios away while eating some salary. Although one Chicago radio subscribes that this could possibly be the every other year thing for Rios.

Viciedo, Lillebridge and Flowers should supply some good hitting tso help support Paulie and Alexie while Beckham and Morel need to prove they can be everyday plus major league hitters to accompany their good defense. Edit to add. How could I forget about De Aza to help with some Offense.

I predict 3rd in the division based on what I have seen with WS championship upside because it is baseball and that is what fans see in the Offseason.

I also see about 1,000 less distractions from idiotic comments from our mangager and a more professional team approach in general.

Go Sox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going onto next season The White Sox should have a few good areas to build on to go with the obvious question marks. Starting and Relief pitching should again be a plus to go with good middle of the field defense. Clutch hitting will again be the deciding factor on if the Sox can finish in the upper half of the division. If Sale can develop into a true No 1 starter that would be huge. Not counting on Buehrle or Peavey the sox should still have a good starting rotation Sale, Danks, Floyd, Humbert anchoring it. If Buehrle is signed then Danks or Floyd might be moved and kenny could maybe get to throw Dunn or Rios away while eating some salary. Although one Chicago radio subscribes that this could possibly be the every other year thing for Rios. Viciedo, Lillebridge and Flowers should supply some good hitting tso help support Paulie and Alexie while Beckham and Morel need to prove they can be everyday plus major league hitters to accompany their good defense. Edit to add. How could I forget about De Aza to help with some Offense. I predict 3rd in the division based on what I have seen with WS championship upside because it is baseball and that is what fans see in the Offseason. I also see about 1,000 less distractions from idiotic comments from our mangager and a more professional team approach in general.Go Sox.
I am not sold on Beckham and Alexie at the plate. Both players have proven that they start to struggle as the season wears on. I think that Sale will be a solid starter and that will help eat up innings. Flowers and Lilly are good players that have the potential to hit but will happen with the catcher position next spring with three viable signal callers? AJ is not getting any younger but he is a proven left handed stick. I think Kenny should try to get rid of Rios at all costs. If the Sox go into the season with Rios AND Dunn- it will be 2011 all over again. The team has to minimize this risk in the lineup as an injury to PK will decimate the production in the middle of the lineup. Something tells me that he Sox should have moved Q when they had the chance. Q is a liability and has proven that he cannot stay healthy.

'Power Monster said:
Going onto next season The White Sox should have a few good areas to build on to go with the obvious question marks. Starting and Relief pitching should again be a plus to go with good middle of the field defense. Clutch hitting will again be the deciding factor on if the Sox can finish in the upper half of the division. If Sale can develop into a true No 1 starter that would be huge. Not counting on Buehrle or Peavey the sox should still have a good starting rotation Sale, Danks, Floyd, Humbert anchoring it. If Buehrle is signed then Danks or Floyd might be moved and kenny could maybe get to throw Dunn or Rios away while eating some salary. Although one Chicago radio subscribes that this could possibly be the every other year thing for Rios. Viciedo, Lillebridge and Flowers should supply some good hitting tso help support Paulie and Alexie while Beckham and Morel need to prove they can be everyday plus major league hitters to accompany their good defense. Edit to add. How could I forget about De Aza to help with some Offense. I predict 3rd in the division based on what I have seen with WS championship upside because it is baseball and that is what fans see in the Offseason. I also see about 1,000 less distractions from idiotic comments from our mangager and a more professional team approach in general.Go Sox.
I am not sold on Beckham and Alexie at the plate. Both players have proven that they start to struggle as the season wears on. I think that Sale will be a solid starter and that will help eat up innings. Flowers and Lilly are good players that have the potential to hit but will happen with the catcher position next spring with three viable signal callers? AJ is not getting any younger but he is a proven left handed stick. I think Kenny should try to get rid of Rios at all costs. If the Sox go into the season with Rios AND Dunn- it will be 2011 all over again. The team has to minimize this risk in the lineup as an injury to PK will decimate the production in the middle of the lineup. Something tells me that he Sox should have moved Q when they had the chance. Q is a liability and has proven that he cannot stay healthy.
The Sox have three years each of Rios and Dunn at a total cost of over $70M. I don't think either is going anywhere unless Chicago picks up a big chunk of their salaries.

Looks like the curse of the off season is as bad as the regular season. I guess Ozzie was not such a chump after all and now we lose one of the great WS pitchers. This is a sorry and pathetic year. I am still waiting for Captain America to fall on his sword.

Looks like the curse of the off season is as bad as the regular season. I guess Ozzie was not such a chump after all and now we lose one of the great WS pitchers. This is a sorry and pathetic year. I am still waiting for Captain America to fall on his sword.
Don't fool yourself, fool. Ozzie is 100% chump.

well since these chumps were all pretenders the last few season with the ALL IN crap maybe next season we can come up with a new slogan - He Gone we haven't Dunn this before.... 5th place may actually be attainable.

well since these chumps were all pretenders the last few season with the ALL IN crap maybe next season we can come up with a new slogan - He Gone we haven't Dunn this before.... 5th place may actually be attainable.
LO:- so true so true but in world of professional sports you never know- perhaps Danks becomes the 20 game winner and the light bulb comes on for Dunn, Rios and Beckham (at the plate). Who saw the 49'ers dominating in the NFL this year or even the Red Birds winning the 2011 WS... ahh so much for optimism

5 years at $13M per for John Danks.

Odd, considering all of the trade talk the hot stove season. But I don't see how anyone in their right mind can complain about him at that price.

queue Power Monster rant

As bad as I want this team to be, I can't bring myself to believing that will actually happen. With no expectations, they may actually be alright.

I did not know until today that the young player for San Fran who had the horrible game was Kenny Williams' son.
Kenny's sons played football/baseball with my younger brothers in HS.Kyle is a few years younger than my youngest brother, but they still knew him(partied at Kenny's house)

shocker

Bobby Jenks posted bail Friday after being arrested on five charges, four of which that were related to driving under the influence.According to Brian MacPherson of the Providence Journal, Jenks was charged with one count of driving under the influence, three counts of driving under the influence and damage to property and one count of leaving the scene of a crash involving damage to property. The big right-hander dealt with lots of off-the-field issues during his minor league days but had been relatively well behaved since making to the majors. He was already slated to miss the first half of the season after undergoing two back surgeries.

I was back down in Phoenix last weekend and froze my ### off watching 2 games. Sale looked amazing and went 6 innings with no runs. Dunn actually came over and signed for my little cousin instead of being a ##### like last year. Let's hope this is a good omen!

Opening Day around the corner. Hope springs eternal. A new fresh start. Another year with a clean slate. So what if the Sox struggle with KC and who cares if Detroit will kill everyone. They will eventually choke in the playoffs like they always do. Heck, the Sox are primed for a surprise year. We have the rest of the league in the shark's mouth. Never saw it coming. Yeah... well the outfield looks tame, The bullpen is young and raw. Rios and Dunn and Gordie need career years. AJ and PK need to stay healthy. Yes- Floyd and Danks are indeed going to wear the big boy pants this year. Ozzie is gone. Went south for good taking his small ball (if there ever was a small ball according to some) back to the NL. MB is gone and will be missed. That one is just painful but we have young guns on the pitching staff with some key vets in the pen, mild mannered Robin and loud and obnoxious Don Cooper. Kosuke is here and now that the curse has been lifted he will play all season like it is April. The Tank will explode leaving Sox fans wondering Q who? Jake is in his last year so if he produces now it will only be a pleasant surprise. Kenny is waging war. Hard to think that it has been 7 years since the Sox hoisted the big trophy at Minute Maid. Hard to think that only two players are around from that glorious season. Perhaps there is some dust in the air. No one saw the cards last year but the first victim on the Sox hit list this year (Texas) saw first hand what a hot team in September can do. Stay healthy, have two starters flirt with 15 plus wins, have a serious effort from the pen, cut down on stupid base running and defensive blunders and have the stiffs turn into studs. What more can you ask for! Green grass, white lines, cold beer, the smell of steaks and onions sizzling down the concourse, Hawk, Stoney, ED and DJ and that exploding scoreboard. maybe Dunn will light that sucker up 27 times at home this year. Maybe not. Cannot recall opening up vs an AL West team but it sure would be nice to get a win and certainly would be nice to see Robin and Nolan shaking hands.

Kenny Williams' response when questioned about his son (49ers KR Kyle Williams) being a target of the Saints Bounty system.

"To answer the questions directed specifically to me, as a father first and foremost, I am glad to report Kyle's concussion tests have been extremely positive and we are grateful he is ready and anxious to get back to competition. Personally, suspension or not, it's probably best I'm never in a room with Gregg Williams and wonder if such an order crosses the line of the aggressive, competitive spirit we all know and love about the sport; and leans closer to a criminal act and therefore a litigious matter.

Kenny Williams' response when questioned about his son (49ers KR Kyle Williams) being a target of the Saints Bounty system.

"To answer the questions directed specifically to me, as a father first and foremost, I am glad to report Kyle's concussion tests have been extremely positive and we are grateful he is ready and anxious to get back to competition. Personally, suspension or not, it's probably best I'm never in a room with Gregg Williams and wonder if such an order crosses the line of the aggressive, competitive spirit we all know and love about the sport; and leans closer to a criminal act and therefore a litigious matter.
Well said

Well said
Gregg would just show Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread