What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who am I (RB)? (1 Viewer)

RGIII HTTR

Footballguy
I am considered a great RB in the NFL and for Fantasy Football. I am supposed to be a focal point of my team's offense and currently only have a subpar 2.8 yds a carry/40 yds a game average. I still am usually ranked in top 15 at my position, although I have done nothing this season to deserve it.

Who am I???

I am considered a great RB in the NFL and for Fantasy Football. I am supposed to be a focal point of my team's offense and currently only have a subpar 2.8 yds a carry/40 yds a game average. I still am usually ranked in top 15 at my position, although I have done nothing this season to deserve it.

Who am I???
ray ray

There were plenty of early round RB busts this season, but this one sounds a lot like Ray Rice to me. Next year, it's going to be Peyton, Calvin, or Graham only for me in round one, if I can get them.

If it's Ray Rice the OP is wrong.

Rice is averaging 60 YFS per game.

I think OP is referring to Rice, but just didn't quite get it right.

There were plenty of early round RB busts this season, but this one sounds a lot like Ray Rice to me. Next year, it's going to be Peyton, Calvin, or Graham only for me in round one, if I can get them.
Here are the 10 RBs that went in the first round of most FF drafts, and their current PPG ranking among all RB's (standard scoring):

A Peterson: 4th (15.4)
A Foster: 11th (12.4)
D Martin: 21st (9.3)
R Rice: 28th (8.3)
T Richardson: 39th (7.1)
J Charles: 1st (18.3)
CJ Spiller: 43rd (6.3)
L McCoy: T-6th (14.8)
M Lynch: T-6th (14.8)
A Morris: 14th (11.6)

Two top-five guys, three other RB1's, two RB2's, and three outright disappointments (maybe four if you account for how high Martin's ADP was in the first).

Lots of people shouting "RB-RB or bust!" as they marched into their drafts this summer. Apparently that wasn't an "or" statement.

Here are the 10 RBs that went in the first round of most FF drafts, and their current PPG ranking among all RB's (standard scoring):

A Peterson: 4th (15.4)
A Foster: 11th (12.4)
D Martin: 21st (9.3)
R Rice: 28th (8.3)
T Richardson: 39th (7.1)
J Charles: 1st (18.3)
CJ Spiller: 43rd (6.3)
L McCoy: T-6th (14.8)
M Lynch: T-6th (14.8)
A Morris: 14th (11.6)

Two top-five guys, three other RB1's, two RB2's, and three outright disappointments (maybe four if you account for how high Martin's ADP was in the first).

Lots of people shouting "RB-RB or bust!" as they marched into their drafts this summer. Apparently that wasn't an "or" statement.
In my home league (10 team standard) we had a couple silly first round picks that let my wife pick up both Spiller and Richardson. She thought that was a good thing. Oops. 2-6.

Chris Johnson
I was going to say this and I agree with the OP. I think Johnson is a very overrated RB overall. Deserves to be a starting RB without a doubt, but overrated IMO. Could be the lack of surrounding talent as well
Honestly I don't think he is all that talented. He is a speed back. He ran so well in the first couple years because Tenn oline was very good and opened up big lanes allowing him to get into space and use that speed. Now that they aren't very good, he just crashes into defenders and goes down on first contact. He can't break tackles, he won't power through anyone, and he doesn't have very good vision. He has to be in space to use his only talent, speed.

Chris Johnson
I was going to say this and I agree with the OP. I think Johnson is a very overrated RB overall. Deserves to be a starting RB without a doubt, but overrated IMO. Could be the lack of surrounding talent as well
Honestly I don't think he is all that talented. He is a speed back. He ran so well in the first couple years because Tenn oline was very good and opened up big lanes allowing him to get into space and use that speed. Now that they aren't very good, he just crashes into defenders and goes down on first contact. He can't break tackles, he won't power through anyone, and he doesn't have very good vision. He has to be in space to use his only talent, speed.
Sorry, but you have to be pretty talented to run for over 2000 yards in the NFL. I agree that his vision and power are below average, but to basically say that it was his oline in the 'golden' years is grossly inaccurate and doesn't do justice to his talent level.

Leonidas said:
If it's Ray Rice the OP is wrong.

Rice is averaging 60 YFS per game.

I think OP is referring to Rice, but just didn't quite get it right.
No, not incorrect...he's averaging 40 yds rushing a game. I probably could have made it more clear though, but figured since it immediately followed the yards per carry that it would suffice. If you added the whopping 19 yds receiving per game...then you would be right.

Interesting in that all the talk before the season was there were approximately only few real RB's that a wagon could be hitched to and now we see that a "few" might have been overstating it a bit.

A lot of great answers and guesses here though, which quickly shows how poor the pool of RB's really is this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray rice could blow up in the second half of the season. If he rallies 22 ppg the rest of the way in ppr this thread holds no weight. Season only half over.

Ray rice could blow up in the second half of the season. If he rallies 22 ppg the rest of the way in ppr this thread holds no weight. Season only half over.
LOL, but what have you or anyone seen that makes you think that is a possibility?

So far the proof...errrrr, the "weight" is in the pudding, he's played 6 games this season for 36, 36, 17, 74, 34 and 45 yards each. Other than having 2 TD's in one game there is nothing there that would anyone think he could have 22 points in a game, let alone multiple game or for the rest of the year per game average.

LOL, but what have you or anyone seen that makes you think that is a possibility?

So far the proof...errrrr, the "weight" is in the pudding, he's played 6 games this season for 36, 36, 17, 74, 34 and 45 yards each. Other than having 2 TD's in one game there is nothing there that would anyone think he could have 22 points in a game, let alone multiple game or for the rest of the year per game average.
I'm buying a second half resurgence. He had that hip injury. Probably just getting back in game shape, coming off the bye. I'd buy before this Cleveland game, where's had no less than 89 yards rushing in his las five games.

Darren Sproles? That's just off the top of my head and not looking at his stats. I know he is more of a pass catcher than a traditional RB that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm buying a second half resurgence. He had that hip injury. Probably just getting back in game shape, coming off the bye. I'd buy before this Cleveland game, where's had no less than 89 yards rushing in his las five games.
Well, every Ray Rice owner is hoping for any improvement. Unfortunately, I think the OL is as much or even possibly the main culprit of the poor performance.

Well, every Ray Rice owner is hoping for any improvement. Unfortunately, I think the OL is as much or even possibly the main culprit of the poor performance.
I wasn't an owner until last week. I see the ravens needing him more than ever.

WOW! Add another fantastic performance of 17 Rush yds, 21 Rec yds to the list. At this point, "sub-par" might be an over statement in describing his performance this year.

Users who are viewing this thread