What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who has off tomarrow? (2 Viewers)

So our company made it a "personal holiday" meaning you can take it if you want (need to confirm with management first) but they're not officially giving us the day off.  And we happen to be right smack dab in arguably the busiest and most important 2-3 week stretch of our year, so anyone with any sort of responsibility is going to have a hard time taking off. (I really cant be the guy holding up progress on a major deal so I could celebrate Juneteenth)

If you dont take it, you can choose to take a different day as a "personal holiday" but I have no idea what other days even qualify. I assume post-super bowl Monday and the first day of the NCAA tournament dont count....

Just seems like they're trying to get the positive pub of "giving us the day" without actually giving us the day. Nearly everyone I've talked to is working anyway and my brother's company (same industry) is closed.

So...total L on this one.

So our company made it a "personal holiday" meaning you can take it if you want (need to confirm with management first) but they're not officially giving us the day off.  And we happen to be right smack dab in arguably the busiest and most important 2-3 week stretch of our year, so anyone with any sort of responsibility is going to have a hard time taking off. (I really cant be the guy holding up progress on a major deal so I could celebrate Juneteenth)

If you dont take it, you can choose to take a different day as a "personal holiday" but I have no idea what other days even qualify. I assume post-super bowl Monday and the first day of the NCAA tournament dont count....

Just seems like they're trying to get the positive pub of "giving us the day" without actually giving us the day. Nearly everyone I've talked to is working anyway and my brother's company (same industry) is closed.

Why not? A personal holiday should simply be any day you want off that isnt already a day off for everyone else. 

That’s my take as well

Cjw_55106 said:
Why not? A personal holiday should simply be any day you want off that isnt already a day off for everyone else. 

In theory...sure.

Its just one of those weird policies that nobody has ever explained to me. I have trouble using all my PTO anyway (especially since they instituted a "Summer Friday" policy that essentially gibes me a bunch of free PTO if my desk allows) so I'm not complaining.

Not a big deal. I just think their intentions here were pretty thinly veiled and it looks bad.

I just checked my work calendar, I haz it off. 

I'm probably going to watch TV on my computer all day so my wife doesn't ask me to do stuff.
OK, so apparently MS Office put Juneteenth (Observed) on my work calendar. However, my employer did not label taday as a day off. So I am sad to report that I don't haz taday off, but will watch TV on my computer anyway.

So selfish of you to not celebrate this glorious day. 

Physical office closed until 1/3. Everyone not PTO was told to WFH (which we do 3 days a week already).

I'm rolling into next year w/ 26 days of vacation and start to get 25/days a year from here on out (20+ years at company). Since I'm the only one (in a group of 7) that will be working, boss told me to "be available" until 11, and then take son (home from college) golfing on Wed/Thur/Fri in the afternoon. Supposed to be 66-70 (as opposed to 22 yesterday).

He didn't have to tell me twice. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Off until the 3rd. Nice to have time to get to a lot of projects around the house. Work really gets in the way.

Work nights into mornings (Post Office). Off tonight, volunteered to work last night and tomorrow night. Taking 3 straight off next Fri-Sat-Sun night.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread