What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who has the best hands in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Can Chad Johnson really be considered? Didn't he lead the NFL in drops last season? I understand he also led in targets, but there's no way he was near the top in percentage of targets caught.

How about Keyshawn? He's not exactly a burner, but he does catch the ball consistently and come away with some pretty tough grabs.

How about Keyshawn? He's not exactly a burner, but he does catch the ball consistently and come away with some pretty tough grabs.
He can hang on and take a hit - but he's pretty much the poster boy of catching with your body.

I think right now its Harrison however I have not had many opportunities to see Fitz play.The standard I would measure this by is Chris Carter who mentored Fitz.

Brandon Lloyd easily has the best hands I have ever seen...!!!  There is noone even close.
<-----------A guy who ducks a pass does not have the best hands in the league.I would have to say Harrison
Pretty sure that wasn't Lloyd. I thought it was Woods.
Nah, IIRC it was Lloyd. I screamed at my tv a lot after that play. Lloyd is too inconsistent to be ranked as having the best hands. Guys with great hands can make circus catches but they don't regularly drop easy passes. It seems for every amazing grab he makes he inexplicably drops something routine.

Can Chad Johnson really be considered? Didn't he lead the NFL in drops last season? I understand he also led in targets, but there's no way he was near the top in percentage of targets caught.
He won the hands competition before the pro bowl. :thumbup: It's possible that a first year QB had something to do with those stats last year. Where does he rank this year?

I think you have to separate "great hands" from "circus catches" Those circus catches make the highlight reels and both Chambers and Lloyd are good for about one a game, but both of them drop far too many "easy" balls to be considered for the best hands, IMO.If I'm a QB and I HAVE to convert on a 3rd and long, the guy I'd have the most confidence in is Torry Holt.

This year isn't a good year to throw his name out, but I'd say Coles should get some consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have to separate "great hands" from "circus catches" Those circus catches make the highlight reels and both Chambers and Lloyd are good for about one a game, but both of them drop far too many "easy" balls to be considered for the best hands, IMO.

If I'm a QB and I HAVE to convert on a 3rd and long, the guy I'd have the most confidence in is Torry Holt.
As a Chiefs fan, I have to say (WR) - Rod Smith.

I'd say Moss with a whole lot of 2nd tier guys that drop passes and make incredible catches too like Lloyd or Roy Williams Harrison, I don't know, I always think of him like the phrase "putting on a clinic" and he impresses me more with his technique and all than his catches. He's a gem I may be wrong about him but that stands out

As far as just pure hands go, TO, Deion Branch, Fitzgerald, and Marvin Harrison come to mind.

Terrell Owens? Really?

I'd say he's got ok hands. But average at best.

For Lloyd, he's got highlight reel hands. Of the 5 best catches I've seen this year, probably 2 are from him. But he'll also make some poor drops on easier catches.

J

I would have to go with Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison. Chad Johnson and Chambers drop a lot of balls (Chad is much better). I am really impressed with Gates hands and Roy Williams has some paws on him as well. Chris Perry is pretty impressive as well. Hard to answer definitively though as many factors go into the equation.

Maybe not the best, but Lee Evans is as much a posession reciever as he is speed. The man's got some soft hands for sure. I've only seen a few of Lloyd's grabs, but they were very nice. I'd probably say Harrison or Moss...

What about Randy Moss? When he actually tries he can pretty much pull anything in. I'd say A Gates is right up there as well.

Gotta agree that Cris Carter had the best hands I've ever seen.I don't know how anyone could imagine TO having good hands. He is terrible. Same for Coles. Chad Johnson is decent.Guys like Jerry Porter, Randy Moss, Javon Walker, Torry Holt IMO are the best. They don't make a lot of crazy one handed catches or highlight reel catches, but they consistently get themselves in position to get TWO hands on the ball and pull it in cleanly with their hands rather than making basket catches with their chest or shoulder, which are more prone to be dropped (TO).In fact I don't think anyone catches the ball as cleanly as Holt. He might not be as athletic as Moss, or as flashy as 75% of the WR's in the league, but for pure catching, he is great to watch.

My vote goes to Harrison, because he has done it for awhile. He did drop a pass on MNF, but it doesn't happen very often.
Harrison doesn't even have the best hands on the Colts. That honor goes to Reggie Wayne. Harrison is more of a body catcher than a pure hands catcher.

I think Chambers, Roy Williams, Lloyd, possibly Matt Jones all belong in the best hands conversation with an asterisk:*incredible hands, but spotty concentration/technique.I vote for Torry Holt.

I am sure someone has already mentioned this, but I understand there are a couple of NFL cheerleaders in Carolina with good hands...Or are we just talking about players?

Lots of good names thrown out, but can't figure why noone has even mentioned Keenan McCardell. As for good hands, at least measured by consistency, he's gotta be in the conversation.

Lots of good names thrown out, but can't figure why noone has even mentioned Keenan McCardell. As for good hands, at least measured by consistency, he's gotta be in the conversation.
Agreed. He's definately near the top.

Brandon Lloyd easily has the best hands I have ever seen...!!! There is noone even close.
<-----------A guy who ducks a pass does not have the best hands in the league.I would have to say Harrison
Pretty sure that wasn't Lloyd. I thought it was Woods.
Nope, I have the larger file on my computer and I can read the name on the jersey right when he looks back at the bal he has just ducked.

I saw Brandon Lloyd catch a pass during preseason that no other human on the face of the planet could have caught - best catch I've ever seen, bar none.I saw Lee Evans make some incredible catches when he was at WIS. A couple have translated into the NFL, but not what he did in the endzone in Madison. Damn close to Lloyd.

There are a ton of guys with great hands. A lot of top guys have been mentioned and most are deserving.Let me give you another name.Patrick Crayton.The guy has made some sick catches, snatching the ball out of air right in front of defenders. Extremely strong hands. More than once when watching him, i have said, "WOW!" after he made a great catch. Not too many guys do I say that about. I am really looking forward to seeing this guy get more PT.

Chad Johnson? You have to be kidding me. I don't think the guy who leads the league in drops last year and is currently 3rd in drops in the NFL is someone you can say has great hands. I don't care how many targets he has, other WRs with similar targets do not have that many drops.People keep saying Lloyd or guys who have made sick catches. I think there is a difference between a WR having some good acrobatic catches and consistently having great hands. A few good catches does not mean you have great hands all the time.

Keyshawn has great hands. Moss is near the top as is Holt.From what I've seen, I agree that Lloyd has some amazing mits.

Some really ridiculous names thrown out there IMO.Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, Javon Walker, Larry Fitzgerald and Id say u have to put Steve Smith in there now. These are guys with GREAT hands and if they are near the ball they usually catch it and can put up 12-15 catch games every other week.Chad Johnson is one of my favorite WRs but he doesnt belong on a "Best Hands" list. TO definitely doesnt although he is a stud WRs in general.Just my thoughts.

Nice call on the best hands ever going to Cris Carter. The fact that he used to limit himself to using just his right or just his left hand ONLY for an entire practice and still catch the ball with great consistency just goes to show how great he was at catching the ball. He's also been quoted as saying that the reason he was so good on the sidelines was because his great hands allowed him to solely concentrate on his footwork. For today's WRs, I think you gotta go with Holt or Harrison because of their sheer consistency. Javon Walker's season last year though, catching lasers from Favre, was truly impressive as well.

i think Tony Gonzalez has a great set of mitsseems like he always catches the ball with his hands rather than on his bodyi noticed this several times in last night's game alone....

I think we should include holders in this discussion!! They have very sure hands and they go unnoticed too much...I will vote for Brad Johnson, based on his dealing with the snap from the last Packer game. :thumbup:

Brandon Lloyd easily has the best hands I have ever seen...!!!  There is noone even close.
I didn't say he has guts or heart... but if you want to see a guy make catches that noone else can make or hardly even attempt to make then Lloyd is your guy.... It is like he has spider man type hands, the ball just sticks when it hits like someone is throwing him tennis balls instead of footballs... If you are talking consistency and guts in traffic then my vote would be for Hines Ward.

I know he's not the best, and he doesn't often make the highlight reel catch, but I can count on one hand the # of passes that Hines Ward has dropped in recent years. Anything that gets near him he brings in.

If were talkin all-time then yeah Cris Carter gets my vote. He wasnt fast, he didnt have raw athleticism but he definitely had great hands.

Users who are viewing this thread