What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who have you been patient with? (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
I drafted the following players, and kept them on my bench, patiently waiting:

Brandon Jacobs

Kevin Jones

Santonio Holmes

I resisted the temptation to trade or dump any of these guys, and actually took a couple of losses early that I could of avoided if I had more bench room.

Now, I believe that my patience has finally paid off, and these 3 guys will help me run the table all the way to the championship (I hope!)

I am also keeping Selvin Young on my bench with the same hope that he will eventually emerge...

Who have you hidden away on your bench, waiting for them to pay off?

Demetrius WilliamsSantonio HolmesJerious Norwood
Do you think Atlanta will finally give Norwood some carries? He's another guy on my bench, added as part of a bigger trade, but I might not be able to afford keeping him unless I was pretty sure he would produce...

I don't see how you could be "waiting patiently" on Santonio Holmes. He's had a BYE and an inactive due to a hamstring tweak in warmups.

2-55 - 1 TD

3-53

3-49

Inactive

BYE

6-128- 2 TD

6-54- 1TD

One outsanding game, 2 solid games and 3 somewhat disappointing games is hardly something to be patient with, IMO. In PPR leagues, he was generally drafted as a WR3 and his 8 and 7 point weeks occur often for most WR3's.

That being said, guys on my rosters who I've been patient with:

Lee Evans

Andre Johnson

Javon Walker

Rudi Johnson

DJ Hackett

Calvin Johnson

Kevin Jones

Laurence Maroney

why would Holmes be on your bench? they guy has been solid.Mine:Colston :unsure:
Holmes was on my bench because I had Steve Smith as a starter, along with TO. I was deficeint in other areas, so Holmes starting to put up very good numbers allowed me to trade Smith for a better QB (Peyton Manning, part of a larger trade.)Now I put Holmes in Smith's slot, and I'm hoping I don't see any great loss in production.

Do you think Atlanta will finally give Norwood some carries? He's another guy on my bench, added as part of a bigger trade, but I might not be able to afford keeping him unless I was pretty sure he would produce...
I have been keeping Norwood too. I just can't drop him. But I am convinced that he won't see more carries unless Dunn gets hurt. Norwood has beat Dunn in every offensive stat but that still doesn't get him more carries. Yes, he is bad at pass protection. I never thought that would be enough to keep him off the field but I was wrong.

I have been keeping Norwood too. I just can't drop him. But I am convinced that he won't see more carries unless Dunn gets hurt. Norwood has beat Dunn in every offensive stat but that still doesn't get him more carries. Yes, he is bad at pass protection. I never thought that would be enough to keep him off the field but I was wrong.
If Norwood is not so good as pass protection, well, so what? We're not exactly talking about a high powered offense here, are we? I don't see the Falcon QB's with tons of time to throw right now (not that I watch them a lot, thank goodness!) How much worse could it possibly get? They should put the kid in.

dont forget Hackett - whether it was Obomanu or Courtney Taylor, the guy in Hackett's spot has been getting deep targets, end zone targets - I have a good feeling that Hackett will convert where the youngins have failed.

Randy Moss; kept one receiver the last 5 years for my dynasty team; after last season with Oakland - considered dropping him (glad I didn't).

I've had Roethlisberger on all 5 of my dynasty teams for a while. I've been touting his prospects for years, so it's nice to see him gradually inching his way up towards the elite ranks. I'm looking forward to the fireworks Sunday against the Bengals.

Laurence Maroney. Resisted the urge to deal him, and am hopeful that he starts to be productive.
I am really thinking about trading for Maroney, a buy low. I've got a feeling that Bellichick will start running a lot more in November and December. Maroney could be huge come fantasy playoff time.

Willie Parker.. :no:

And before everyone tells me about his yardage, 1 TD for a first round pick 7 games in just plain sucks. Here's hoping for a second half explosion.

Willie Parker

Travis Henry

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Jacobs

Waiting..............waiting...........and waiting.....................

Drew Brees

Others of note:

Jerious Norwood

Selvin Young

and yes...

Marvin Harrison. If he's not playing this week, you can officially write him off this year. Half the season is nearly gone and he's done little to nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Willie ParkerTravis HenrySantonio HolmesBrandon JacobsWaiting..............waiting...........and waiting.....................
Huh? WTF are you waiting for? Jacobs has been great, so has Holmes, and so has Parker.
Parker - can't find the end zone.Henry - can't find the bong.Holmes - the best of the (4) in relative value terms.Jacobs - he is only a week removed from being pulled at the goal line for Reuben Droughns.As for what I am waiting for? A win.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
why would Holmes be on your bench? they guy has been solid.Mine:Colston :bag:
What slapper would draft Colston over Housh, Moss, and Burress N E ways???Wait my stupid ###!!! :doh: :rolleyes: :cry: :lmao: :bag: :X :rolleyes: :no: <---YEAH, ALL OF THEM!!!

Scheffler

Still holding out hope for Chris Henry and Colston on one team, and Colston and Maroney on another.

Willie ParkerTravis HenrySantonio HolmesBrandon JacobsWaiting..............waiting...........and waiting.....................
Huh? WTF are you waiting for? Jacobs has been great, so has Holmes, and so has Parker.
Parker - can't find the end zone.Henry - can't find the bong.Holmes - the best of the (4) in relative value terms.Jacobs - he is only a week removed from being pulled at the goal line for Reuben Droughns.As for what I am waiting for? A win.
:goodposting:

:ph34r:
:goodposting: The universal icon of truth!

Roddy White. I've been carrying him for 3 years on dynasty team and it looks like he may finally be coming around. So many times I've come close to waiving him (like to make roster space for an injury pickup or bye week or something) but always decided to pass on waiving him for some other bum on my team. Hopefully he'll emerge at least as a top 20 WR for a few years. I'd be happy with that.

Users who are viewing this thread