What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Pittsburgh's starting QB week 7? (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
From Rotoworld:

Michael Vick (hamstring) expects to miss at least one week.

Even if he were healthy, Vick probably wouldn't be under center this week. Ben Roethlisberger (knee) hasn't ruled out a return, and Landry Jones was a marked improvement after Vick's departure against the Cardinals. There's no reason to keep Vick around in two-quarterback leagues. Oct 19 - 2:02 PM

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

I think if Ben gets in a full practice this week, it's gotta be him right? He had some limited practices last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the nod this week.

I said it as soon as Ben went down, Jones is the better QB as far as stature and the Pitt system. I hated the Vick signing. I love Landry Jones and I think he can be the next franchise QB. They better play him next week.

I would guess Landry. He looked good in relief and knows the Steelers system much better than Vick. Also, Ben can say what he wants but the Steelers aren't going to risk bringing him back too early now that they're sitting at 4-2. They're not a desperate team so I'm sure they'll look at the big picture.

I said it as soon as Ben went down, Jones is the better QB as far as stature and the Pitt system. I hated the Vick signing. I love Landry Jones and I think he can be the next franchise QB. They better play him next week.
Agree

Disagree

Oops sorry - week 7 I would think Landry. But Roethlisberger will be back for Week 8 no doubt.

-QG
I actually hope they sit him next week and give him another week to heal. I think they can beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead with Jones at QB, I don't like their chances against Cincy with anyone but #7 back there.

Oops sorry - week 7 I would think Landry. But Roethlisberger will be back for Week 8 no doubt.
Francesca talked yesterday like Week 7 is a done deal. I don't know if that was from a source or if he was just being his usual all-knowing self.
I'm sure he read the report I read in which Ben said he plans to practice in full this week and turned that into a "prognostication" so he can tout himself if Ben does end up playing. I still think it's week 8.

He said Ben wanted to play in Week 6. (I didn't see report, so don't know if that was in it.) He speculated that Ben would be inactive yesterday because otherwise he'd fight to get on the field..

He said Ben wanted to play in Week 6. (I didn't see report, so don't know if that was in it.) He speculated that Ben would be inactive yesterday because otherwise he'd fight to get on the field..
I don't think he ever really wanted to play this week. Of course he says all the usual stuff about wanting to play, but he also admitted he had almost no lateral mobility and needs to be able to protect himself before he can reasonably expect to play effectively. I think he needs a couple of weeks of practice to regain mobility and confidence in the knee before he's the Ben we know.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben practices ahead of week 7 with the Steelers having zero intention of playing him. Sorta like giving Ben 2 weeks to prepare the same way that the Bengals have 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers game.

-QG

And even the fact of Ben showing up in practices would mean that on some level the Chiefs would have to game plan for him.

-QG

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben practices ahead of week 7 with the Steelers having zero intention of playing him. Sorta like giving Ben 2 weeks to prepare the same way that the Bengals have 2 weeks to prepare for the Steelers game.

-QG
He'll definitely practice this week, there's no doubt about that. He was very limited last week but he already said he intends to practice fully this week. Hence, the speculation about him playing Sunday, but I would be surprised if both he feels comfortable enough and the doctors think the re-injury risk is low enough to roll him out there at Arrowhead. I feel like week 8 is more likely, but I wouldn't be dumbfounded if he played this Sunday, just surprised.

Is Brown start able again with Jones? I've had John Brown and A Rob outplay him for weeks now on the bench.

KC offense is really bad. They should try to win with Jones and give Ben another week IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Brown start able again with Jones? I've had John Brown and A Rob outplay him for weeks now on the bench.

KC offense is really bad. They should try to win with Jones and give Ben another week IMO.
I would probably go with Robinson until Ben returns. Even with Landry back there, I don't trust Brown to have a big game. The offense will still run through Bell until Ben returns.

Users who are viewing this thread