What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is starting V-Jax this Week!?!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Benny227

Footballguy
Does V-Jax have any value at this point??? Anyone starting him this week??

So with the news today about Freeman hitting the pine…What does this mean for V-Jax owners moving forward… I will be honest I know little to nothing about the replacement QB Glennon… From what I have read it is not going to be pretty! But, it wasn't with Freeman either…

So do you think as v-Jax owners we are basically in the same spot as we have been, a WR3 or Flex guy at BEST??? Or should he be put on the bench next to Freeman until we see what Glennon has to offer??

Thanks!

as long as hes practicing this week ill be starting him. mainly because im thin due to roddy being injured and bye weeks taking a hit

First of all, the only thing I know about Glennon is that he once beat out Russell Wilson for a starting job. So he has that going for him.

Assuming he's healthy, I'll definitely be starting VJax, but that's mostly because I have no other options (it would either be Lance Moore, Fleener, or Broyles off the WW). It's really tough to predict what will happen in these situations. Could be a total disaster, could be another Hoyer, or could be like TJ Yates a few years ago, where mostly played it safe, but when he did throw it was mostly to Andre Johnson.

You don't sit vjax unless you have some other serious firepower to start over him. If it's BW him and a guy like Pierre garçon by all means bench him. But most people dot have that luxury. Most people at going t be deciding BW vjax and a kenbrell thompkins or jason avant lol. You gotta roll with him.

I think I'm going to bench him for Stevie Johnson this week. Was considering doing it before the QB change anyways due to the injury.

I'm starting Gordon over him at this point as my WR3. I'm not to worried about vjax in the long run as long as he's healthy. I'm just going to wait and see how it plays out this week. I don't see glennon affecting his output. Hell, it might even help him.

I think I'm going to bench him for Stevie Johnson this week. Was considering doing it before the QB change anyways due to the injury.
I'm in the same exact situation. S Johnson has been solid as my WR3. So he moves up to WR2 and I'll flex in a RB3 this week. I think it's best to wait and see a sample of the Glennon era before diving headlong into the new VJAX era.

Starting him with little to no confidence as I have no other options. Glennon has an arm, so he could just chuck the #### out of it. If just one or two bombs hit, boom-you've got VJax putting up good numbers. :mellow:

I'll definitely be starting VJax, but that's mostly because I have no other options
This for me. VJAX is a talent, but I can't see Glennon as something that helps VJAX rather than downgrades him. Was usually depending on VJAX as a WR1/2, but clear unless Glennon comes off the bench like Kurt Warner (stranger things have happened), VJAX looks more like a flex/WR3 play.

Gotta with the GB bye. Nice having him as a #3. I could see the Cards stacking the box to make the kid pass. The targets have to go somewhere.

Well I have V-jax, Hilton & Holmes and need to start 2! Thinking of going Hilton vs. Jax and V-Jax.... but does Holmes have a BIG day??? Is Geno a better starter than Glennon?? Tough call!

Well I have V-jax, Hilton & Holmes and need to start 2! Thinking of going Hilton vs. Jax and V-Jax.... but does Holmes have a BIG day??? Is Geno a better starter than Glennon?? Tough call!
Holmes just had a big day. The question is do you expect Holmes to have back to back big days?

As long as you think he will get the targets then I see no reason not to start VJAx unless you TRUELY have better options on the bench.

You should be more worried about his injury (will he practice this week) than who the starting qb for this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, the only thing I know about Glennon is that he once beat out Russell Wilson for a starting job. So he has that going for him.

Assuming he's healthy, I'll definitely be starting VJax, but that's mostly because I have no other options (it would either be Lance Moore, Fleener, or Broyles off the WW). It's really tough to predict what will happen in these situations. Could be a total disaster, could be another Hoyer, or could be like TJ Yates a few years ago, where mostly played it safe, but when he did throw it was mostly to Andre Johnson.
Glennon never beat out Russel Wilson... The coach basically forced Wilson out the door and made him transfer cause he was frustrated with him playing 2 sports (baseball as well) and he was comfortable with Glennon moving forward. But Glennon never beat him outright.

As for the topic, I'll be starting Vjax because of bye week trouble. I have Jordy whose on bye as my #3 and Steve Smith who is on bye as my #3 in another league with guys like Kenbrell and Vbrown who I can't remotely trust.

i would have serious reservations starting Vjax this week. Even if he practices, i would think he will struggle to move around. Also i would expect Peterson to be covering him. With a very athletic, and good cb on him, combined with the rib injury likely to slow him down, along with a rookie qb getting his 1s tstart. I don't see things going well for vjax this week.

GeeYouknit said:

Glennon never beat out Russel Wilson... The coach basically forced Wilson out the door and made him transfer cause he was frustrated with him playing 2 sports (baseball as well) and he was comfortable with Glennon moving forward. But Glennon never beat him outright.

As for the topic, I'll be starting Vjax because of bye week trouble. I have Jordy whose on bye as my #3 and Steve Smith who is on bye as my #3 in another league with guys like Kenbrell and Vbrown who I can't remotely trust.
You left out the part that Coach O'Brien asked Wilson to commit to coming back for his 4th season, and Wilson wouldn't because of professional baseball. Meanwhile, Glennon said he was going to transfer if he wasn't going to start. O'Brien decided to commit to Glennon since he couldn't get a commitment out of Wilson. Wilson later decided to come back for his last year, and Coach O'Brien said he could be Glennon's backup, and Wilson transferred to Wisconsin for his last year.

Tampa has been concerning me all season as I am a Martin and V Jax owner. I won't be starting him this week. I have actually benched him every week this season behind Fitz, Garcon and D Murray at flex so throwing a new QB into the mix isn't going to increase my confidence.

Personally, I'm hoping that Glennon does well and V Jax becomes far more useful going into the second half of the season

This is probably when the Vjax of years past will show up. 7 for 140 .paydirt this week when everyone thinks they shouldn't start him and then 0 or 1 fer next week when everyone has him in their lineup

Starting Vjax. Unless I had a plethora of plug-and-play WR1s on my roster, I don't see any real reason at this point in time to sit him. Not going to give anything away from Patrick Peterson here, but the Cardinals pass defense as a whole has been getting shredded lately. I like the fact that it's at least a home game for Glennon's first start. Plus people need to remember that Vjax is one penalty flag away from being tied with Brandon Marshall as the WR12 in standard leagues. If that flag doesn't happen, I doubt this is much of a conversation.

Glennon sucks. That is all you need to know. But the coaching staff will want to prove they are right, so expect them to take some shots downfield to VJ.

Users who are viewing this thread