What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the #27 best basketball player of all-time? (1 Viewer)

Who is #27?

• Dwyane Wade

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • John Stockton

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Bob Pettit

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Rick Barry

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Isiah Thomas

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • John Havlicek

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Chris Paul

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Jason Kidd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob Cousy

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Frostillicus

Footballguy
1. Michael Jordan (71%)
2. Lebron james (85%).
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (34%).
4. Wilt Chamberlain (31%).
5. Magic Johnson (33%).
6. Larry Bird (44%).
7. Bill Russell (67%).
8. Shaquille O'Neal (31%)
9. Tim Duncan (53%).
10. Hakeem Olajuwon (36%).
11. Kobe Bryant (37%).
12. Oscar Robertson (49%).
13. Stephen Curry (74%).
14. Julius Erving (37%).
15. Moses Malone (38%).
16. Kevin Durant (38%).
17. David Robinson (41%).
18. Jerry West (37%)
19. Charles Barkley (42%).
20. Kevin Garnett (27%).
21. Karl Malone (32%).
22. Elgin Baylor (29%).
23. Nikola Jokic (41%).
24. Giannis Antetokounmpo (45%).
25. Dirk Nowitzki (77%).
26. Scottie Pippen (29%).
27. ????????????

Voting for an actual superstar again, since we selected a glorified role player in the last round.
Seriously
Is this an attempt to boost Jordan? Didn't all those 'role players' win 55 games the year Jordan played baseball?
They lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs behind a 40% shooting series from Mr Pippen
Wait. I thought when we were talking about Jordan, it only counted if you lost in the finals?

I'm actually going to go with CP3 here. In the conversation for one of the best PGs of all time. I don't like him as a person, but his career achievements are substantial.

D Wade was a more complete player and has chips, but I think I have to give the nod to CP3s career.

Full disclosure, I know very little about Bob Petit...he's the first player I'm not very familiar with from the lists.

I voted for Pettit, but he's in a weird spot in history. The NBA improved a ton in terms of quality of play and popularity over the course of his career, so it's hard to say how good he was relative to his era.

He basically played at the end of one era where he was clearly the best player in a not-so-great league, and the start of another where he's still really good but overshadowed by Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread