What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the #29 best basketball player of all-time? (1 Viewer)

Who is #29?

• Dwyane Wade

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Chris Paul

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Rick Barry

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • John Havlicek

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Isiah Thomas

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Jason Kidd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob Cousy

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Kahwi Leonard

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • James Harden

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Frostillicus

Footballguy
1. Michael Jordan (71%)
2. Lebron james (85%).
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (34%).
4. Wilt Chamberlain (31%).
5. Magic Johnson (33%).
6. Larry Bird (44%).
7. Bill Russell (67%).
8. Shaquille O'Neal (31%)
9. Tim Duncan (53%).
10. Hakeem Olajuwon (36%).
11. Kobe Bryant (37%).
12. Oscar Robertson (49%).
13. Stephen Curry (74%).
14. Julius Erving (37%).
15. Moses Malone (38%).
16. Kevin Durant (38%).
17. David Robinson (41%).
18. Jerry West (37%)
19. Charles Barkley (42%).
20. Kevin Garnett (27%).
21. Karl Malone (32%).
22. Elgin Baylor (29%).
23. Nikola Jokic (41%).
24. Giannis Antetokounmpo (45%).
25. Dirk Nowitzki (77%).
26. Scottie Pippen (29%).
27. Bob Pettit (34%).
28. John Stockton (35%).
29. ????????????

I like Rick Barry or CP3 over Wade.

I voted Chris Paul last round, so doing so again here.

Went Wade. Had a really good career and his prime seasons were better than Paul’s.

I concede I don’t know much about Barry other than the way he shot free throws.

Bob Cousy for me, but I’m going a bit by the story of the game. Are people still going to be talking about Dwayne Wade 60 years from now? At least we already know that answer when it comes to Cousy.

Isiah. He was a 2x champion (best player on the bad boys Pistons) including a finals MVP and a 12x All Star.

Gave Cousy a vote to show the old guys some love. Really having a hard time separating Wade, Paul and Kidd. I think if I knew how all three would play out and I could pick one career for my team, it would be Kidd. Most definitely.

Isiah. He was a 2x champion (best player on the bad boys Pistons) including a finals MVP and a 12x All Star.

Wade - 3x champion, Finals MVP & 13x All-star

Havlicheck - 8x champion, Finals MVP & 13x All-star

The only guy on the list I'd put Thomas over is Harden.

Great players but neither was the best player on their respective championship teams. Zeke was.

Great players but neither was the best player on their respective championship teams. Zeke was.
Dwyane Wade absolutely was the best player on that 2006 championship team. Shaq was 33 and on a very quick downward slide

Havlicek was absolutely the best player on the '73-74 Celtics team (lead team in scoring and assists and was 1st team all-NBA & 1st team all-DEF that year to go with the ring and Finals MVP). This was way after Cousy and even Russell was gone then. That team did have Dave Cowens and JoJo White, but Havlicek made them go that season at age 33.

And as moops mentioned above, Wade was the best player on that 2006 Heat team.

I grew up a huge Pistons fan and had a painting of Isiah in my bedroom. Can't see him this high.

What aspect of basketball was Isiah Thomas better at than Chris Paul? CP3 has more career assists and fewer turnovers, was the much more efficient scorer even accounting for era (TS+ 106 to 96), and defensively it's not close.

Isiah has the rings, but those Bad Boys Pistons won with defense. They ranked 2nd and 3rd in the NBA in DRating, but only 7th and 11th in ORating. Isiah wasn't the reason they were great defensively, and it's not like he singlehandedly carried the offense - they had Joe Dumars, Mark Aguirre, etc. I'm just not seeing the level of impact you would expect from a top-30 player all time.

Havlicek was absolutely the best player on the '73-74 Celtics team (lead team in scoring and assists and was 1st team all-NBA & 1st team all-DEF that year to go with the ring and Finals MVP). This was way after Cousy and even Russell was gone then. That team did have Dave Cowens and JoJo White, but Havlicek made them go that season at age 33.

Hank Finkel was the straw that stirred the drink

Dwyane Wade absolutely was the best player on that 2006 championship team. Shaq was 33 and on a very quick downward slide
Salvatore was robbed of Finals MVP in 06

Huge Piston fan here and is 5 to 8 spots away. He wasn't the best player on the first team, Dumars won finals MVP and Thomas gave up a lot of personal accolades for teams success and while we love him for it, but it hurt his stats. He also tore his achilles and ended his career.

Huge Piston fan here and is 5 to 8 spots away. He wasn't the best player on the first team, Dumars won finals MVP and Thomas gave up a lot of personal accolades for teams success and while we love him for it, but it hurt his stats. He also tore his achilles and ended his career.
Doesn't mean you are wrong, but Iguodala was MVP over Curry so that doesn't really mean much as far as best player on the team.

Salvatore was robbed of Finals MVP in 06
This.

Users who are viewing this thread