What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the DMC handcuff this year? (1 Viewer)

The Moz

Footballguy
You know going in that if healthy DMC is a Elite RB in the system Oakland is now running (IMO last year was an abberation due to the zone scheme but he still didn't suck when he was 100%). I believe he is a legit RB if he is healthy - that said you also know going in if you own him that he will miss time with injury. Being this is a contract year for him I am cautiously optimistic that injury time will be less than previous years. So who is DMC's true "handcuff"?

Marcell Reece - Who actually played pretty well as his back up last year and put up respectable RB2 numbers

Latvius Murray - Who people are saying is a sleeper with potential to be a Mike Bush II

Rashard Jennings - The MJD back up who really never amounted to much last year and has his own battles with injury.

If people are going to draft DMC in the mid 2nd to early 3rd (where I have seen him going) you are going to need an insurance policy and you don't want to take all 4 or even 3. So whick of these potential back ups does the shark pool see as being the true back up?

IMO right now I would go with Reece unless Murray just goes lights out in camp - but maybe it's Jennings who reports say is currently running as the #2RB. I just fing it tough to assume Jennings after Reece played so well last year. thoughts?

If DMC goes down, I think all three get used in some capacity, but Reece probably carries the most value at the moment. Murray has the highest upside, just because we've seen what Jennings and Reece are good for.

In PPR Reece should be up there because he is a good receiving back.

In non PPR I might roll the dice on Latavius Murray.

He does not have a handcuff.....we need to realize that some starters don't have a player behind them that will produce at a level that will be significant for fantasy football....this is one of those them

He does not have a handcuff.....we need to realize that some starters don't have a player behind them that will produce at a level that will be significant for fantasy football....this is one of those them
I disagree I think if McFadden goes down, Latavius Murray will put up decent numbers has his replacement. The Raiders are SUPER HIGH on Latavius Murray.

I disagree I think if McFadden goes down, Latavius Murray will put up decent numbers has his replacement. The Raiders are SUPER HIGH on Latavius Murray.
Rookie hype....he will not be relevant...sure he will get more carries but it will be a split....and none of the back ups will get meaningful carries

Users who are viewing this thread